User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Lurker"

Status
    I can’t help but think that Episode 35 will be back at the colony, or at least the colony after the battle in which the sat phone was secured. IMO it is likely the next episode will cover the battle in detail, although keeping with tradition it could also be likely that the season finally will be a detailed account of the combat at the colony.

Either way, Veterans day is coming up the 12 and is the same day as Ep 35 P3. I would be expecting one of the soldiers to die or someone important. Everyone should have the Kleenexs on hand for the 11/12/12. Burt isn’t going to make it.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I do not think that Burt is going to die. This would be just - inappropriate. A lot of people like Burt. Needless to say, he is not immortal but in my opition, Mr Wayland is not someone who would kill him off in such a cynical way. Burt deserves better. In addition to Lizzy's pregnancy, he be a hell of an obstacle for team good. Especially as an European, I remember the pictures and films taken in concentration and prisoner camps in Germany during World War II and in Yugoslavia during the Bosnia war. Why do I mention it? Because I think nothing will stop Scratch from physically destroying Burt. She will at least try to wipe out his very existence if it helps to get the information about Pegs out of him. His unwillingness to cooperate makes her blind to see him as the living being he is. Now imagine what hunger, pain and physical humiliation have done to him over the past months. Will he ever be the same again? I highly doubt it.

So here's my guess:

+ Burt will be freed
    + The colony will be overrun by zombies
    + Scratch will escape with a small group of mallers
    + One character CJ/Victor/Saul/Lizzy will be mortally wounded

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

What? Burt is not immortal???? DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    What? Burt is not immortal???? DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Liam, are you again looking through your rose-coloured glasses? Have we not learnt from the Highlander movies that it takes a sword at least? So maybe CJ...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Well, I prefer using the peril sensitiv sunglasses ... Thus I wouldn't see it coming that Burt is not immortal ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I do not think that Burt is going to die. This would be just - inappropriate. A lot of people like Burt. Needless to say, he is not immortal but in my opition, Mr Wayland is not someone who would kill him off in such a cynical way. Burt deserves better. In addition to Lizzy's pregnancy, he be a hell of an obstacle for team good. Especially as an European, I remember the pictures and films taken in concentration and prisoner camps in Germany during World War II and in Yugoslavia during the Bosnia war. Why do I mention it? Because I think nothing will stop Scratch from physically destroying Burt. She will at least try to wipe out his very existence if it helps to get the information about Pegs out of him. His unwillingness to cooperate makes her blind to see him as the living being he is. Now imagine what hunger, pain and physical humiliation have done to him over the past months. Will he ever be the same again? I highly doubt it.
    You bring up some really interesting points. It wouldn't do to call this a story of survival and kill Burt off because Burt's sort of the epitome of a survivor, isn't he? Three months of torture have made him lean and hungry--not despondent (based on what we've seen/heard so far.)
    Regarding whether he'd be the same again, I also doubt that he will be. However, there was an interesting interview with Elie Wiesel in the least interesting of magazines and the interviewer asked him what it took to be normal again after having been dehumanized. Here's what he said, "What is abnormal is that I am normal. That I survived the Holocaust and went on to love beautiful girls, to talk, to write, to have toast and tea and live my life — that is what is abnormal." Don't get me wrong--I think that Wiesel would have been a different person had he not been in a concentration camp, but I think the ability of humans to adapt should never be discounted. We're made to survive. And if Burt escapes, he'll be a different person but he'll pull through.

Also, I know it won't happen in season 3 and she might be dead anyway, but how has Pegs not totally freaked out that the Tower was destroyed by someone looking for her? I literally* cannot imagine how I'd feel if I knew that others had been killed as a way to get to me. And if she finds out what happened to Burt? Maybe it's better if my baby girl is dead. (But if they do meet up again, I can see Burt being rather proud of himself for having survived Scratch and Pegs being horrified.)

*I'm not abusing "literally" here. I try to think of how that would make me feel and my brain goes, "LALALALALA, I'm not listening. I won't do this."

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    ^ You bring up a good point, I don't think Pegs actually ever knew, nor has it ever really been made a point of. Remember Pegs and Datu flew over to the building next to the Tower, and essentially helped people on board before getting the hell outta dodge.

I agree that Burt will not die soon - remember, he needs to write down Chapters 23-24 in his journal. I do believe he will die before the show's up, but hell he may not, we don't actually know, he may end up being a lone wolf again, which actually would make for a fitting character arc now that I think about it. Long and short is, he needs to be rescued. He still has a purpose. Otherwise there's no point in breaking his spirit. We need to see him either crumble under the weight of his sorrow or rise up above it. Just killing him now means nothing.

Saul could potentially die, don't think he will but he could. Might be injured for a while, but we've kinda already played that card, so dunno. Victor...come too far to die now, still too many secrets/unknowns about him, and KC can't Kalani an explanation out of him. CJ... yeah maybe but no. She still has a role to play. Glenn/Pete are too far away (wonder what happens to Pete what with Greggy's cancer...). Gatekeeper will either die trying to be evil again or die fighting. I mean he might plausibly win and be a good leader, but he's just too broken it seems. Maybe Bixby will sell out the Mallony, but again I doubt it.

I do think Chapter 35 will revert to the Colony. It may not be JUST the Colony, but we will hear from them. We've had the split, we've got up to the same page, now we start the end-game for this season. Or rather, the end-games have both been started - the fight in the Mallony, the fight at Ft Irwin, now they intertwine and we see where we go. Oh the fucking joy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12