User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I think Pegs is going to to be one of the pilots that flies out of Boulder with a decent sized group of people. It sucks though because in the attack, everyone is going to be in a panic to escape. The "lifeboats" are going to be over crowded and likely won't be able to get off the ground.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I think Pegs is going to to be one of the pilots that flies out of Boulder with a decent sized group of people. It sucks though because in the attack, everyone is going to be in a panic to escape. The "lifeboats" are going to be over crowded and likely won't be able to get off the ground.

If thats true then I picture Pegs telling everyon eto sit down and shut up, she's taken initative in paniced situations before.

"Gatherer"

Status
    My thought...Kimmet will let boulder know they are going to try and extract people out. Boulder will be respobsible for getting people to the airport. The military will reinforce the airport and hold it at all cost. Once the on station aircraft are full they will departn and anyone not onboard at that point is going to be SOL (Shit outta luck). When the last aircraft is off the ground the military will split from Boulder and when they reach a safe distance Kimmet will blow the Nuke.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Excellent episode KC, cast and crew! You guys are awesome.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Lit Mini-Treatise #1 for 34-1

All Hail King Datu?
    This was it! At long last, I finally thought we would be rid of Datu the fairy once and for all... they got stuck in that house, a Beastie busted in, and I'm like, "Cue the piano music, Kc! CUE THE PIANO MUSIC!" But no- dude whips out a pick-axe and goes all Jean Claude Van Datu...

Ok, let's get this straight: all hell is breaking loose in Boulder, heavily-armed soldiers are going down left and right, yet among those still surviving is a blind girl and Datu THE PUSS. And yet he somehow manages to single-handedly take out a bulletproof Robo-Zombie with a... pickaxe? I mean 'cmon... really?

Tenuous Cord of Believably- SNAP!

Yo Kc, is Jay like paying you to stay in the cast or something? DATU NEEDS TO DIE, LIKE NOW. Isn't this the same sissy that got himself locked in an elevator back in Season 1? And was rescued from being put in the menu back in the arena??? And now he's suddenly the Terminator? Bad writing, Kc. BAD WRITING. The most realistic situation for him in the Boulder scenario is to end up as LUNCH for Mr. Longnails. But no, the guy's got more lives than Mr. Whiskers...

If Kc wants to preserve any integrity left as a writer he must KILL DATU NOW.

But not Burt, though. Burt needs to bust out of confinement, munch down a few energy bars to regain his health, then grab him a Piece and start going to town on all the Mallony folk down there, culminating in a showdown with Scratch where he ends up tossing her into an active volcano. And then spout off a cool one-liner and ride off into the sunset... Let me know, Kc, if you need any more writing advice. I'm sure you are more than willing to listen to my opinions on how you can improve your craft.

**Disclaimer: The above commentary by Litmaster was written in jest, and was in no way meant to seriously imply that he considers Kc Wayland to be an inferior writer, although he reserves the right to question why said author seems partial to little wussy characters who serve little purpose other than to continually annoy the Readership. Any insult, either explicit or implied, was directed soley at Datu the character and not to Jay Olegario, the person, lest the aforementioned take offense and seek retribution in the form of an ass-whupping or some other equally unpleasant course of action. Litmaster, Inc., reserves the right to deny any of the claims made in this written document, despite their written nature, and to confuse, confound, misdirect, and otherwise deflect any criticisms that may come from the sniveling Datu-worshipers out there, and any opposition to this written statement will be defended on the grounds that it was taken out of context. Please direct any such complains to 7oddisdead, Adventureless Hero, or Witch Doctor, or anyone else who is willing to listen to your patently wrong opinions on Datu.**
    Last edited by Litmaster; Oct 1st, 2012 at 05:00 PM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I dunno. I was able to believe in Datu's transformation. He gained a lot of confidence over time. His character has been through a lot and was on the verge of giving up all together. But I think Hope changed that. Despite thier arguing I do believe his fatherly instincts are kicking in and he's ready to take on an Inkling when armed with nothing more than a pick axe. This is the same little dude who beat a zed to pulp with a piece of a chair leg.

As for how they are still alive. It seems to me the wave hadn't hit their part of town yet. It's almost like the front line of infected arrives just as we are listening. So it stands to reason they would make it as far as they did without incident.

Also, I loved the disclaimer!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Gatherer"

Status
    Disclaimer FTW! LOL!

As for Datu, he really didn't do anything spectacular. Think about it. He ran in to a garage, grabbed a pick-axe and swung it as the Z busted through the door. He was aiming for the head and hick the neck. Not the best aim, but it works. Its not like the it was Datu vs. Inkling 1 on 1 in an open arena, it was Datu getting the jump on the Inkling.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Datu is a character archetype that survives deep into stories like this. If he's going to die, its not soon. Be happy he's advanced as a character.

So I was right about boulder getting nuked. I was wrong to think they weren't already there.......wtf??!!

Also, some pure evidence that Inklings/aldo/little ones retain memory. The former military inkling takes out power and comm first. Irwin spins its tires for hours, inklings get a strong hold in the city.

By the way, I hope no turned humans retain the knowledge to disarm the nukes. If they do.....that could be one hell of a season finale.....mission to rearm the nukes and detonate.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    I don't see how my prediction would really negate Gretsky showing up in this chapter...
    I was punchy this morning.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

Tenuous Cord of Believably- SNAp

But not Burt, though. Burt needs to bust out of confinement, munch down a few energy bars to regain his health, then grab him a Piece and start going to town on all the Mallony folk down there, culminating in a showdown with Scratch where he ends up tossing her into an active volcano. And then spout off a cool one-liner and ride off into the sunset... Let me know, Kc, if you need any more writing advice. I'm sure you are more than willing to listen to my opinions on how you can improve your craft.

**Disclaimer: The above commentary by Litmaster was written in jest, and was in no way meant to seriously imply that he considers Kc Wayland to be an inferior writer, although he reserves the right to question why said author seems partial to little wussy characters who serve little purpose other than to continually annoy the Readership. Any insult, either explicit or implied, was directed soley at Datu the character and not to Jay Olegario, the person, lest the aforementioned take offense and seek retribution in the form of an ass-whupping or some other equally unpleasant course of action. Litmaster, Inc., reserves the right to deny any of the claims made in this written document, despite their written nature, and to confuse, confound, misdirect, and otherwise deflect any criticisms that may come from the sniveling Datu-worshipers out there, and any opposition to this written statement will be defended on the grounds that it was taken out of context. Please direct any such complains to 7oddisdead, Adventureless Hero, or Witch Doctor, or anyone else who is willing to listen to your patently wrong opinions on Data.**
    I defend my position. He did kill several with a chair leg when he was by himself; like he was here. Datu is very capable when he's not depending on someone else to take care of things.

Then again he could have been just very lucky.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I've been taking a close look at Boulder, trying to figure out how an attack would have unfolded. Here's how I think it happened.

The terrain around Boulder makes defense against a zombie threat challenging, but manageable.

West—The dominant terrain feature in the Boulder area is the Rocky Mountains mountain range, which rises like a wall along the entire western flank of the city. There are a handful of roads and trails through the Rockies, with the most important being Canyon Road, that runs from the city’s hydroelectric power plants straight into downtown Boulder.

South—This is the direction where the greatest threat would seem to lie. Denver is less than 30 miles to the south, and it is a source of potentially endless zombie hordes. Luckily there are only a handful of roads between Denver and Boulder, passing through a region of rolling hills. Assuming the zombies tend to follow the roads, it would be possible to build a strong defense by blocking the roads where it passes between hills, and covering these blockages with fire from military positions.

East—This direction features a number of lakes and reservoirs, which channelize movement into the narrow areas between them. Once again it would be possible to build a strong defense by blocking these routes and covering them with fire from military positions.

North—There are larger hills and more lakes and reservoirs in this direction, which provide a basis for defense. The Boulder Airport sits outside the main metropolitan area northeast of the city. The greatest threat from this direction comes from the zombie populations of small cities like Longmont, Greeley and Fort Collins, which are more than 50 miles away.
    Because of the terrain the largest concentrations of military forces are probably going to be to the south and east of Boulder, with lesser forces to the north and very little covering the west.

Here’s how I think the attack took place:

1. Zombie Griggs comes over the Rockies from the Chinook crash site and approaches Boulder from the west.

2. It comes across the hydro-electric plants that support the city, attacking and turning the maintenance crews and guards and knocking out the power.

3. With its new posse, Zombie Griggs travels down Canyon Road into downtown Denver, just blocks from the City Council Building. The people at the command post learn of the attack when the zombies charge into their building.

4. At this point Boulder is effectively split in two, with zombies spreading out in all directions from the city center. Troops from the southern defenses attack into the city, retaking the City Council Building, and drawing the attention of the zombies in their direction.

Datu and Hope are probably in the northeast area of Boulder, south of the airport. This is where most of the medical facilities in the city are located, and it will facilitate their eventually making it to the airport and evacuation. Pegs and Kelly are also described as being in the north side of the city, so there is a chance they too will make it to the airport.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast