User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Zombie Why do Zombies smell like shit?

Hi.

Topic says it all: Why do Zombies, especially the ones in WA, smell like shit?

Thoughts? Opinions?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Pheromones, or musk glands. I have it on good authority deer musk smells of strong urine. It would stand to reason that as Zeds /biters or what ever we are calling them act a great deal like pack animals and the "shit" smell could smell could be a "musk"
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Interesting thought. So you theorize that Zombie-ism adds some extra-punch to certain pheromon-production or eventually adding specific glands?

I thought something along the line that certain functions of the automatic nervous system would simply break down - like, you know, with the disfunctioning of pain-receptors. What, if simply those body-functions simply don't work anymore to hold back ... the end-product of metabolism, like pee and poo! That would be an explanation for it ...

And as silly as this might sound, it really keeps me busy, because every now and then the different characters in WA speak of Zeds smelling like shit ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    It could very well be pee and poo. Zeds like animals do not use the toilet nor are overly concerned with hygiene. I do not think its a breakdown of the digestive system as food processed by teeth and saliva (spit is part of the metabolic system ) contains enzymes to to start the process of digestion. If the gut does not function we would have zombies exploding all over the place as rotting food in a warm in closed space equals fermentation and that leads to a build up of gas .... You see where I'm going with this?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Mh, yeah. I think. Thank you, I didn't think of the whole picture. So I liek what you are saying there.
    Probably it is just this "hygiene" think and maybe a zombie-related over-production of certain pheromons ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Also, maybe the "smells like shit" comments aren't meant to be taken literally. We say all kinds of things smell/taste/look like shit when it's just a simile/metaphor(?...I forget, grammer school was so long ago) for smelling/tasting/looking bad or distasteful in general. I take it that their specific smell is just a result of flesh rot & loss of hygiene including pooping in their pants.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I was reading a Z-book called Infection where the Zs smell like poop because they just walk and crap. It's due to the lack of Z-Hygiene as mentioned above. I also wondered about the lack of a functioning digestive system leading to exploding Zs.

Makes you think.....
    Blocked and Bloated
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Aug 28th, 2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I was reading a Z-book called Infection where the Zs smell like poop because they just walk and crap. It's due to the lack of Z-Hygiene as mentioned above. I also wondered about the lack of a functioning digestive system leading to exploding Zs.

Makes you think.....
    Blocked and Bloated
    Infection written by Sean Schubert?
    Or The Infection by Craig DiLouie?
    Or maybe one of the few Kindle-book-editions titled with "Infection", but written by various authors like G.W. Ellis, or Mark Cooper?
    Or do you speak of a translation of "Infektion" written by Ben Tripp und Bernhard Kempen?

Man, I didn't know it was possible to publish different novels under the (nearly) same title ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Infection written by Sean Schubert?
    Or The Infection by Craig DiLouie?
    Or maybe one of the few Kindle-book-editions titled with "Infection", but written by various authors like G.W. Ellis, or Mark Cooper?
    Or do you speak of a translation of "Infektion" written by Ben Tripp und Bernhard Kempen?

Man, I didn't know it was possible to publish different novels under the (nearly) same title ...

All the best!
    Liam

The Infection by Craig DiLouie

Sorry, was too lazy to search for the author's name when I posted. I knew this would happen too. So many works with that name. I guess you can say it is an Infectious title.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The fact that they are much likely dead explains it all, the corps rotten and the old blood and the sweet all that mix together give a great odor in their body, is incredible they don't smell their own stink but the sweet of humans they can miles away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast