User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Zombicide - anyone?

Hi there!

Does anyone of you own the game "Zombicide"? Or have played it yet?

It is brand new, produced by 'Cool Mini or Not' and sold/ developed by 'Guillotine Games'. For this game there was a huge Kickstarter Campaign during April and early May this year, in which 'Cool Mini or Not' collect more then 3/4 of a Million bucks for producing and releasing the game with plenty of stuff.

I don't own the game (yet), but looking at the BGG forums I know of people, especially in the US, having received their first copies, having played it and having started to talk about it on BGG ... But what about WA-fans? Are some "Zombicide"-owners around? And what are your impressions about the game?

Sources:
    http://www.guillotinegames.com
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...icide?ref=live
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113924/zombicide

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    nevr heard of it but as a lover of all things zombie (except amy, i want the two hours i wasted playing that crap back. they can even keep the money, if they could just refund me those two hours of my life i would be satisfied.) i will look into it.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

last weekend I met with some friends, and we played the game. We played it and 2.5 of us loved it; 0.5 was undecisive by the game; and 1 was kind of annoyed by some of the rules of the game, but was still entertained well enough.

Awesome game. It's like 28 days or L4D as a boardgame. It really is. Zombie-mayhem, but in the end, short before reaching the goal of the first mission we were overrun ...

Although the game-mechanics prove to be very simple and less of a challenge, the whole co-op concept behind the game offers plenty of strategic elements ... The game is a blast. Not sure, if it is a must-have, but I guess you don't do too much wrong, if you buy it.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.