User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    so, in other words, the changes happen slowly, but faster than would normally happen, enough so that it is noticeable that a change is occurring. is that about right?
    I'll remain a little vague, but, IF the little ones were say 5 foot when they first saw them... and then 6 foot 7 - 4 months later. That'd be an average growth of .15 Inches a day.
    That's not a spoiler or saying anything, just math.

The changes in appearance, pigment and such, were resembling more like the little ones at a faster rate than just a normal "biter". But height difference, if any, would most likely be negligible.

I say this and comment because I don't like the "Alien" or "Prometheus" ideas that creatures can grow mass without ingesting anything, as if physics didn't matter any more. SURE, it's science fiction, but that doesn't mean there's no room for certain parameters of believability.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The patch... When you're there for training you are there with your unit, and the trainers sometimes aren't even seen by some of the troops sent there. So even thought Saul went there, it's feasible he wouldn't have seen the patch enough to remember it. And in the military there are so many- you lose track.
    I wore the actual patch that was described on my shoulder for an extended period, and despite a clear description I couldn't place it before the big reveal. The subdued version of the NTC patch is really just a black blob on a green background, totally forgettable.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

Can we make these people grovel for forgiveness when they want to compliment the production again?
    Me thinks there's other issues at play too. Reading other comments the the facebook threads the person in question was intoxicated and upset about something. Some poor audio podcast just might have been an outlet for them.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'll remain a little vague, but, IF the little ones were say 5 foot when they first saw them... and then 6 foot 7 - 4 months later. That'd be an average growth of .15 Inches a day.
    That's not a spoiler or saying anything, just math.

The changes in appearance, pigment and such, were resembling more like the little ones at a faster rate than just a normal "biter". But height difference, if any, would most likely be negligible.

I say this and comment because I don't like the "Alien" or "Prometheus" ideas that creatures can grow mass without ingesting anything, as if physics didn't matter any more. SURE, it's science fiction, but that doesn't mean there's no room for certain parameters of believability.
    o. m. g. he responded TO MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!! i am never washing this thread again.

ok, see i was thinking the little ones were more like 2-3 feet when we first saw them, though regardless, i see your point. so he didn't look too different physically, mostly cosmetically. did he also have a number or was i imagining that?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    o. m. g. he responded TO MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!! i am never washing this thread again.

ok, see i was thinking the little ones were more like 2-3 feet when we first saw them, though regardless, i see your point. so he didn't look too different physically, mostly cosmetically. did he also have a number or was i imagining that?
    No number was noted.

Simpsons modified quote: "I no longer control the thread the thread controls me!!!!"

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    To answer that: It didn't grow overnight- But there were some reputable changes to give off the appearance dissimilar to the normal "biters". Roman didn't go from 5 foot 7 to 6 foot 7, if that makes sense, but it was enough to see a change.
    That would explain why both Saul and Glenn felt as though they recognized or had seen Roman before. Ty KC.

Also regarding facebook...Haters gon' hate, just do you

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Me thinks there's other issues at play too. Reading other comments the the facebook threads the person in question was intoxicated and upset about something. Some poor audio podcast just might have been an outlet for them.
    ?! It wasn't ME was it?! I'm totally getting paranoid now as I drink quite a bit. But I can't ever see myself bashing WA. Still... it wasn't me was it?!

edit
    Oh thank the goddesses. It wasn't me. I did get drunk this weekend but relegated my drunken posts to Battle Royale (japanese awesomeness) and Gaia.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    Thanks Cabbage Patch! I agree with you,...sometimes we just gotta let things happen, sit awhile, and then,...BAM, IN YO FACE!! Just like poor Angel.
    Agree!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Now, one of the two posting on facebook says they're no longer following us. To that, I said Farewell.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'm so going to miss that profane waste of space...oh wait....no I'm not.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast