User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    Also thinking, any massive bombing in the area could shift tectonic plates or open more cracks along the LA side of the Ring of Fire.
    I'm not so sure that is possible... I haven't yet seen credible reports that human activities have caused tectonic events on any scale (yet). You have to remember the sheer size and scale of the amount of mass involved.

To put things in perspective: Dr. Phil Plait the Bad Astronomer, wrote an article for Blastr titled: "Astronomer: 3 reasons we can't blow up a planet sci-fi style."

Granted, this article is about blowing up planets, not setting fault lines into motion, but even then, if you scale back a handful of orders of magnitude, it still should give you an idea as to what would be involved.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    Also thinking, any massive bombing in the area could shift tectonic plates or open more cracks along the LA side of the Ring of Fire. Not that that matters since the population is basically gone now anyways. I praise all the people that take the time to research everything for this show. It is what makes the show and the fans so great.
    A surface blast or air burst would have no effect on tectonic plates what so ever. Even a subterranean blast would not have enough energy to cause a shift of the plates. Even if you had multiple devices planted along the San Andres vault line it would have little to no effect. Geologist speculated on this as a doomsday weapon but the active parts of fault lines are so deep and are under such great pressure and temperature a nuclear device wouldn't function, even if it did the power of it would do very little.
    Last edited by Loyal Retainer; Jun 16th, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    So here's a fun one for ya...looking into plate tectonics' and found this site.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geology-1359/oil.htm

Now, my thinking here was how has the constant war in the middle east effected the plates there...well not much apparently.

But as I read into all of this..i thought of inks tats..im gonna go throw this over there as well..
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Are you sure? Where does Kimmet say that? I heard Kimmet say that he believes it started in hotspots on the west coast, L.A., San Fran., Oregon. The whole country was over-run a day and a half latter. They lost contact with the eastcoast about a week after the west was hit.
    1st part of chapter 30? Maybe 3rd part of the last chapter, I don't remember exactly but he said something along the lines of "we lost communication with the East, then it hit us." something like that. Can someone help me cite my sources?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Please, correct me if I'm wrong but Kimmet (or another soldier at the fort) said that the whole thing started in the Eastern part of the world. Then hit the western world (U.S. and other western countries.) So (unless I'm wrong, which I doubt) there is absolutely no purpose in bombing L.A. or anywhere in the U.S. really, concentrations of zombies isn't worth the (potential) loss of life, resources, and land. Vast majority of the human species is either dead or apart of the zombies/creatures/whatever you feel like calling them.

What I'm saying is, "ground zero" isn't where the Apocalypse started. It might be where it started on the west coast but remember this whole thing hit the East coast and made it's way across the country in day. There are probably plenty of "ground zeros" all throughout the world, doesn't mean we should try to nuke/bomb all of them, because either way "the dead will always outnumber the living" ~ Red Dead Redemption

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    1st part of chapter 30? Maybe 3rd part of the last chapter, I don't remember exactly but he said something along the lines of "we lost communication with the East, then it hit us." something like that. Can someone help me cite my sources?
    Chapter 29 2/3, pretty much the entire first half of the episode is Kimmet's briefing.

At about 4:58, "We lost contact with everyone on the East Coast about a week after the west was hit."
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ok, this has been on my mind.. i just find it odd...
    The guys are holed up in an elementary school. How many elementary schools do you know that have bars on all the windows and have metal doors? Really? This is in downtown LA, but really? And, I dont visit dwn there so I can't say. Does anyone know??

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by forgottenone View Post
    Ok, this has been on my mind.. i just find it odd...
    The guys are holed up in an elementary school. How many elementary schools do you know that have bars on all the windows and have metal doors? Really? This is in downtown LA, but really? And, I dont visit dwn there so I can't say. Does anyone know??
    I looked at the images of Dominguez Elementary School on Google Maps Street View, and if there are bars on the windows they aren't obvious. That said, I've done work at an adult school that's not far away, and that place is built like a fortress, including bars on the windows, steel gates over the doors, and a big iron fence around the complex. So the particulars may be different, but the concept is valid.

Here's a link to the wiki entry on Dominguez Elementary: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...mentary+School
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 16th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Lmao, this is Los Angeles. I have seen heavy duty fences around a McDonalds. So yeah schools in the inner city can be really beefed up with bars and such. Hell I live 60 miles from L.A. and they put up a heavy duty fence around my old high school and installed reinforced doors because of the whole columbine thing. And another note...I do not think thats Los Angeles where they holed up. Isn't it further west and a tad south of downtown L.A. proper.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I live in a neighborhood in queens where we've left the windows down in our car on accident overnight and nothing got stolen.

The elementary school down the block has bars over the windows.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast