User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    For me, what really sets We're Alive apart from anything else is KC's style and manipulation of audio. I have hammered him with questions regarding his uncanny ability to create a rich environment just through sound and not surprisingly KC has a lot to say on the subject. From the very special recording equipment he uses, to the places where he records, to the mixture of studio recording and live environment recording, and his very own "floating" technique where he has the environmental ambiance and background playing back at the right volume and frequencies that our ears are expecting to hear all make up We're Alive's uniqueness and enjoyment to me.

Of course it's got an interesting story, with complex characters who are never safe, a great blend of action, suspense, humour, downtime, struggle and mystery and Mr. Whiskers. I also must add that all of the main voice actors are truly incredible especially Burt, Michael and Saul.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bgood View Post
    There are lots of Zombie books, movies, games, comics and even a TV show or two out there. So what makes the WA story unique? What is original about it?

Other than the format (Radio drama) I can't really put my finger on what is new about the story, yet it feels 'fresh'.

Thoughts?
    I feel it has certain aspects to it that we have seen in other zombie media but it does an excellent job of tieing/mixing them together efficiently along with the unique fact that it is in audio form (one of the more original forms of zombie media). I have seen similarities with left for dead, 28 days/weeks later, walking dead, Romero films, and world world z with the variety/actions of zombies present, the conflict and struggles of the living against the dead and other living, and the basis of the journal and the recollection of the story (as I assumed from Michael's narration in ep.1 part 1) reminds me of how world world z is written with recollections of stories and events.

But as I said, I find it unique due to being in audio form (a rarity these days) and how it seems to pieces others aspects found in most other zombie media outlets and utilise them to piece in the flow of the story well. KC does a very good job of adding a unique perspective and form to zombie media that we may or may have seen before or will see again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12