User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyace427 View Post
    Two interesting parallels at the beginning of this episode:

1) The TV show and Saul, Victor, and CJ's current living situation. The show's characters are stuck on an island, and these survivors are stuck in their hideout in LA.
    I like the idea that this episode might have been an homage to LOST. We know from a number of interviews that KC was a big fan, but he didn't like how it ended.

Here's what I caught:

1. The obvious reference to FOUND, another series that was filmed in Hawaii. I love the idea of Victor and Saul finding the LA production offices in order to figure out how it was supposed to end. I can't help imagining them breaking into the LOST writers' room, and finding it full of zombified writers still at work trying to tie up all the plot lines.

2. LOST had white rabbits with numbers stenciled on them. We're Alive has pale zombies with numbers tattooed on them.

3. LOST had a smoke monster. WA has a mysterious haze rising out of the ground in Inglewood, and an unexplained layer of smog over a city that hasn't seen a traffic jam in six months.

4. The first visitors to both the LOST Island and zombie-occupied LA arrived by helicopter, and each visit resulted in the characters acquiring a satellite phone.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    With our own little zombie uprising going on, I sure hope that WA doesn't end up like "FOUND", unfinished due to apocalypse, because I agree with saul, that would drive me nuts, and my one mission would be to locate KC's scripy judt to know what happens

"Lurker"

Status
    C.P.: Love all of these connections!

Another thought: With their ability to watch TV, does anyone think they would watch any zombie flicks? (Sorry if asked before.)
    Cons - it's a little too close to home. Like after your pet dies, you're not going to watch Old Yeller.
    Pros - maybe pick up some tips?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyace427 View Post
    C.P.: Love all of these connections!

Another thought: With their ability to watch TV, does anyone think they would watch any zombie flicks? (Sorry if asked before.)
    Cons - it's a little too close to home. Like after your pet dies, you're not going to watch Old Yeller.
    Pros - maybe pick up some tips?
    I think that something like that would be as boring as poorly done reality TV.

On the other hand, it could be fun counting all the mistakes they make. No, don't split up, go into the basement... NO! don't check to see if it's dead!
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

The Doctor...

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    No, don't split up, go into the basement... NO! don't check to see if it's dead!

"It's a trick. Get an axe." lol
    "We're coming to get you Barbara!!!" -Ed (Nick Frost)

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Maybe someone's already brought this up.
    I thought Britt was about to cover it when she mentioned '28 Weeks Later', but she just said it would be cool if Tanya was found 'turned' and banging her head against the window.
    The girl in '28 Weeks Later' never actually turned, but was a carrier. What if Tanya is too?
    What if there is something in Tanya's blood that makes her immune to the effects, but still infected by the bite she received? If she bit someone now, would they turn?
    Also, if it's in her blood, then it's in Saul's too. He appeared immune to the Inglewood Effect. (Oooo, did I just coin that phrase?) Maybe the I.V. was just a red herring and had nothing to do with it. Maybe it has more to do with his blood.
    Taking an even greater leap, maybe their blood could hold the secret to a cure.

Great show, by the way, but I couldn't help laughing when I miss-heard the opening theme. Right after the line 'A podcast about a story of survival', I could have sworn I heard 'Quack quack quack quack quack!', like a psychotic duck.
    Keep it up guys. Love listening to you.

Casey (the other one)
    Last edited by CaseyJones; May 30th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Going off of what ferroaj said, about zombies having different duties, it sounds to me very similar to an ant colony. Ants have many roles such as workers, soldiers, even ants that TAKE DEAD ANT BODIES TO A CENTRAL DUMP.
    P.s. There is a fungi that takes control of some ants minds to spread itself. Its called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis...food for thought.
    update: just remembered how Saul and angel and Michael said something similar all the way back in the monitor room
    Last edited by Lukas A.; May 30th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    (P.s. There is a fungi that takes control of some ants minds to spread itself. Its called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis...food for thought.) - Lucas A.

I heard about that fungus on another podcast called All in the Mind. Goes to show these things can occur naturally. No need for human error or meddling.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Red Shirt, you're the shit!!!

Hey Nick, what to you think the over / under is of Burt making out of the Maller camp Alive? I'd put his chances at 20%.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Red Shirt, you're the shit!!!.
    *bows*

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas A. View Post
    P.s. There is a fungi that takes control of some ants minds to spread itself. Its called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis...food for thought.
    You forgot the really freaky part of that fungus infection. Once it really takes hold in the ant's brain, the effect has been referred to by scientists as "Zombification." The changes in the ant's mind compel it to climb the tallest blade of grass... where its head then explodes, spreading the spore.

Then there's the Jewel Wasp which Zombifies prey for it's young.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast