User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Those are my suspicions too, that the basic will be an abbreviated affair. I also have a feeling with time for formal training that she will turn out to be one hell of a marksman, even sniper given her background as a world class archer. Sure, Basic Rifle Marksmanship and archery are vastly different but the four basic fundamentals of BRM I'm sure have a close parallel in archery.
    I found taking up archery really helped my accuracy with firearms. Aiming at a spot on the target instead of simply aiming at the target is way more important with archery. This translated well to firearms for me.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    I was quite anti-French until I went there, I found them to be fine, particularly if I tried to converse in French, even though I'm very bad at it.
    yeah, but you're british. i am an american, and no matter what i did i always got treated like dirt.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    yeah, but you're british. i am an american, and no matter what i did i always got treated like dirt.
    i'd sell my soul to be american mate

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I don't think Riley will get much flak for being French during training. Instead I think she'll get mad respect from the other trainees because she's a veteran, who's fought and killed zombies, who's had first-hand experience of the more exotic types, and who survived in enemy territory. I expect that her colleagues are going to mostly be people who came from Boulder, who may have never seen a zombie before, let alone fought them.
    i agree, except i think that most of the people in boulder are survivors. not LA survivors, but at least survivors of the zed.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    don't get me wrong, i wouldn't trade being an american for anything, in fact i fault those i met in france for being so rude despite the fact that i was trying my best to speak french and observe local customs, i'm just saying, they don't like americans, so i don't like them. on an individual basis is another story, but for the most part...

in fact, the czech love americans (love american money) they find out your an american and all of a sudden they have the best deals on goochy purses, rolex, all of it. and the belgians absolutely adore americans, in fact in bastogn they have a parade and commemerative 10k march along battle of the bulge front line to honor the americans who died on their land, cool culture, nice people. and the germans were super cool. they were like in between the belgians and the french. with the germans, if they couldn't see you at least trying to respect them and their culture, it was like you weren't even there, but if you didn't act like the stereotypical ignorant american and spoke the language as best you could and respected them as a people, all of a sudden everyone spoke damn near perfect english and was helpful as could be.
    Last edited by reaper239; May 23rd, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Where in France did you guys go? I haven't had the pleasure of visiting myself, but from what I have read and heard in the big cities like Paris, they do tend to be douchy A-Holes. Out in the country however, I understand that they are a decent and friendly people. My guess is that it really has nothing to do with the country, rather the mindset of the big city.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Where in France did you guys go? I haven't had the pleasure of visiting myself, but from what I have read and heard in the big cities like Paris, they do tend to be douchy A-Holes. Out in the country however, I understand that they are a decent and friendly people. My guess is that it really has nothing to do with the country, rather the mindset of the big city.
    well now that very well may be. i drove through the french countryside (very beautiful btw) but didn't stop. i spent most of my time in cities.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    Get out of my country!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    A waitress in a restaurant made oink oink pig noises at my wife, to indicate that the item she was pointing to on the menu was pork, it had been translated as Suckling Pig, turned out to be a pork chop, oh how we laughed.

I am British, but we don't generally have that good a relationship with the French.

I've met rude and arrogant gits in London as much as any other city, a lot is about upbringing and manners I think, and that we often expect people to treat us how we treat them, and are let down in that regards.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    A waitress in a restaurant made oink oink pig noises at my wife, to indicate that the item she was pointing to on the menu was pork, it had been translated as Suckling Pig, turned out to be a pork chop, oh how we laughed.

I am British, but we don't generally have that good a relationship with the French.

I've met rude and arrogant gits in London as much as any other city, a lot is about upbringing and manners I think, and that we often expect people to treat us how we treat them, and are let down in that regards.
    totally agree Vee!

is it just me or is there alot of us londoners on the forums?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast