User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Fort Irwin Blood testing

I believe it was mentioned that the zombies were rotting and smelled bad ect. That would indicate some kind of viral infection and no blood flow. So the blood depending on when the victim was bitten would thicken due to no blood flow. Fort Irwin, even with a "slow turn" even with a basic blood testing field kit would have some kind of anomaly. The soldier did mention that had blood from one that turned so you do have your control and ..lol zombie blood. There are doctors at fort irwin, that have lab equipment, it might be basic however...maybe the virus need better equipment to identify. Or its just one of those things you leave to the imagination.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I never thought of the theory of if they have blood and if so, if the virus is freely swimming around in it. Whenever the shoot or kill one there really isn't a mention of blood spray or that much. I'm guessing that they have blood but its like decaying and only in them because it was there in the beginning. They don't need it i'm guessing. But if the infection in the first place was cause because of a virus then it could still be in the decaying blood and be able to be drawn out and examined....if the right equipment is around.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Shoulderzmalone
    The zombies still have blood and a pumping heart evidenced by how fast they move and by the fact they bleed when shot, they also have salvia as this is what transfers the infection in a bite and we know they get hungry and feed so they have a metabolism.their blood and what's in it must be important it's not the source but its the carrier of the infection. And the antibiotics Saul is using must be important

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It raises an interesting question. It also makes me think... what else rots and smells bad? Oh, right... dead things.

ibyarribabblesaboutbreathing
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Shoulderzmalone

Hummer you dont have to be dead to smell

Rotting flesh smells bad but you dont have to be dead to have rotting flesh. Gangrene is a serious and potentially life-threatening condition that arises when a considerable mass of body tissue dies (necrosis). This may occur after an injury or infection, or in people suffering from any chronic health problem affecting blood circulation.[2] The primary cause of gangrene is reduced blood supply to the affected tissues, which results in cell death !! this could be a side affect of the infection this is much more plausible

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shouldersmalone View Post
    Rotting flesh smells bad but you dont have to be dead to have rotting flesh. Gangrene is a serious and potentially life-threatening condition that arises when a considerable mass of body tissue dies (necrosis). This may occur after an injury or infection, or in people suffering from any chronic health problem affecting blood circulation.[2] The primary cause of gangrene is reduced blood supply to the affected tissues, which results in cell death !! this could be a side affect of the infection this is much more plausible
    I think the most plausible element here is the fact that zombies are re-animated corpses 99% of the time. The most likely explanation for the smell of rot and decay is the dead body. I could get behind the chronic health problems, but it doesn't strike me that the zombies are merely asthmatic.

Kidding, I'm just being a douche.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

ibyarribabblesaboutbreathing
    When did I babble about breathing?.... Wait I did. Yes, Kc's zombies breathe therefore they have beating hearts and functional circulation systems. Oh and they're warm too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shouldersmalone View Post
    Also take into account that changes in body chemistry can make a person have an "odor". Kc's zombie's smell like shit, not like rotting flesh, but like shit. As I grew up around a large group of hillbilly uncles and aunts that were all avid hunters and fishermen. I will tell you that the musk glads of any deer, bear, and cougar when triggered by the hunt causes the animal to smell like shit. Its why in a deer the glands have to be removed first thing or it makes the meat uneatable.
    I think what ever caused the infection and subsequent mutations focuses on the animal or primitive and what we're seeing in the infected is a regression back to a state of primal being.

http://www.brainhealthandpuzzles.com..._function.html <---for anyone that would like a read on parts of the brain its well done and simple to understand
    Last edited by yarri; May 18th, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    When did I babble about breathing?.... Wait I did. Yes, Kc's zombies breathe therefore they have beating hearts and functional circulation systems. Oh and they're warm too!
    You're assuming quite a lot based on breathing. Zombies have had breath since the very beginning. They've been able to moan, groan, and spmroan. Ok, I made that last one up for effect. The point is, we still have absolutely no definitive proof that they are, in fact, alive.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    You're assuming quite a lot based on breathing. Zombies have had breath since the very beginning. They've been able to moan, groan, and spmroan. Ok, I made that last one up for effect. The point is, we still have absolutely no definitive proof that they are, in fact, alive.

They sleep. (Chapter 3 The New Arrivals: Saul noted the biters sleeping down below their roof location at Locked and Loaded) That is a sign of something that lives. The dead do not sleep, they are dead.

Nothing dead breaths; there is no need for breath in something that is dead. And before anyone pops up with the whole it might be a remembered habit from when they were alive. I ask this what part of the brain has remembered habits... the brain in all its glory. A dead damaged brain (this happens in less then four minutes) is still dead.

They salivate. (chapter 7 Blood Sweat and Fears: At the dropping of the sweat bottles they were seen to have gross salivation. They were dripping with slobber like hungry dogs. Dead things do not have functional parasympathetic nervous systems, nor do they make acetycholine, the neurotransmitter that makes you salivate.

They require food to survive.

They bleed.

All things that show signs of life.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    They sleep. (Chapter 3 The New Arrivals: Saul noted the biters sleeping down below their roof location at Locked and Loaded) That is a sign of something that lives. The dead do not sleep, they are dead.

Nothing dead breaths; there is no need for breath in something that is dead. And before anyone pops up with the whole it might be a remembered habit from when they were alive. I ask this what part of the brain has remembered habits... the brain in all its glory. A dead damaged brain (this happens in less then four minutes) is still dead.

They salivate. (chapter 7 Blood Sweat and Fears: At the dropping of the sweat bottles they were seen to have gross salivation. They were dripping with slobber like hungry dogs. Dead things do not have functional parasympathetic nervous systems, nor do they make acetycholine, the neurotransmitter that makes you salivate.

They require food to survive.

They bleed.

All things that show signs of life.
    These are all things that zombies have done in every zombie movie since the beginning of zombie movies. It doesn't mean anything. Continuing to use the same argument to try and sway my thoughts is not working. Come up with something new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast