User Tag List

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I know I'm not adding anything original here...but son of a bitch. Angel was my favorite too and I've been waiting all season for him to come back. That wasn't exactly what I had mind though! I'm just gonna assume Shane wasn't wanting or was unable to return to the role though as surely KC wouldn't have been nutty enough to off the best character in this story. Damn, now I don't know who to root for! Most of the other tower crew vaguely annoy me. Oh well, there's always Riley and Burt I guess.

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Robalypse View Post
    I know I'm not adding anything original here...but son of a bitch. Angel was my favorite too and I've been waiting all season for him to come back. That wasn't exactly what I had mind though! I'm just gonna assume Shane wasn't wanting or was unable to return to the role though as surely KC wouldn't have been nutty enough to off the best character in this story. Damn, now I don't know who to root for! Most of the other tower crew vaguely annoy me. Oh well, there's always Riley and Burt I guess.
    I don't think Kc would have changed the story purely on Shane's inability to do it. It's possible but I don't think so.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, guys he fell from how many stories? He was dead the minute he was left behind. I'm sad too, but it was a brilliant death, bad ass right to the bitter end.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Seriously, guys he fell from how many stories? He was dead the minute he was left behind. I'm sad too, but it was a brilliant death, bad ass right to the bitter end.
    Not necessarily, Tar dust said that Angel was rappelling down a metal grating and could possibly have made it..... if the tanker wasn't below it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    Not necessarily, Tar dust said that Angel was rappelling down a metal grating and could possibly have made it..... if the tanker wasn't below it.
    True, but back when they left him it wasn't looking good. Angel was such a bad ass.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status

True, but back when they left him it wasn't looking good. Angel was such a bad ass.
    Agreed.

"Lurker"

Status
    I hear you there yarri, but there was an implied...survival there at the end of the last season. Enough so that I was like, "ok, that's pretty big but clearly Angel isn't really dead." It felt very open ended, not just from a standpoint of KC keeping us guessing, but as in it was expected he would probably be back. Plus why keep him alive just to kill him off again in such a flat fashion unless there were some behind the scenes issues there? The relationshp between Riley and him never even had a chance to arrive at any sort of satisfying narrative conclusion either.

Hopefully, if it is a case of Shane Salk not being available to reprise the role, things between him and KC are still kosher as I do have to give the guy much respect for being one of the cocreators and favorite voices even though he seems to have stepped away from the show.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robalypse View Post
    I hear you there yarri, but there was an implied...survival there at the end of the last season. Enough so that I was like, "ok, that's pretty big but clearly Angel isn't really dead." It felt very open ended, not just from a standpoint of KC keeping us guessing, but as in it was expected he would probably be back. Plus why keep him alive just to kill him off again in such a flat fashion unless there were some behind the scenes issues there? The relationshp between Riley and him never even had a chance to arrive at any sort of satisfying narrative conclusion either.

Hopefully, if it is a case of Shane Salk not being available to reprise the role, things between him and KC are still kosher as I do have to give the guy much respect for being one of the cocreators and favorite voices even though he seems to have stepped away from the show.

I always felt the implication of survival was slim at best. The relationship between Riley and Angel I never felt was meant to go further then it did. The abruptness of his death lent a bittersweet element to the ending for me as a listener and I suspect it will further the character development of Riley.

Shane and Kc's relationship isn't my business. I'm eternally grateful that I'm allowed to frequent this forum and be a member of such an amazing place and a listener of an equally amazing story.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The implication of survival is in the viewers head. When you think about it from what happened...there should be no real expectation he survived. We assumed he had. We were right. But he was barely alive when he was found. He was barely alive when he just saw him....not too much changed from 24 till now.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The implication of survival is in the viewers head. When you think about it from what happened...there should be no real expectation he survived. We assumed he had. We were right. But he was barely alive when he was found. He was barely alive when he just saw him....not too much changed from 24 till now.
    In the story it has only been a week or so.... right? Not much time has passed since the end of season 2, so not much could change.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast