User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    The main problem is I want it faster and slower at the same time!
    SKITTLES?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    This is why I have a love/hate relationship with the internet. I love it because it gives us great stories like "We're Alive", but I hate it because people complain about great stories like "We're Alive". BE PATIENT FOLKS! Each season takes a year to come out. If we got everything at once, it would suck. We only have 1 and a half seasons left, just slow down and enjoy it. "Enjoy your burrito!" - Jonah Ray

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    If you do not like how it is going, then write your own story. Create some awesome fan fiction.

"Lurker"

Status
    since i'm too lazy to actually read/comprehend this thread other than the title, i suggest re-watching the season or even the whole series if you are in fact disappointed. I have been hibernating from the majority of this season and decided to catch myself up one late night which led to my renewed love for the show. I'm not saying it's gonna work for you but what's the harm in trying? I mean this is one of the, if not the, best storydriven podcast on the market. With the added incentive of the show being free, there is no right to be in fact "disappointed" with it? I listened from episodes 27-30 and those were enough to reel me back in pretty damn good. Maybe you can rewatch or do what i did and hibernate for a bit so you have a nice lengthy welcome after a few months?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The problem is that, somehow, without a million dollar budget, this show manages to be engaging and involving. We sympathize to the point where we want to see our favorites be OK and the people we hate die more than we want to see the plot move forward. Purgatory was a horrible, horrible chapter not because it was badly made, but because it was well made. Now every time there is an episode where the things happening to our guys are neither bad or good, and it feels empty, because we arent assured that everyone is okay. Despite the interesting revelations about the whole of US, and Michael's and Pegg's short discourse about freedom and duty and love, all we really want is to be assured that the Boulder crew is just fine. But despite that, what we need, is for the story to move forward, otherwise we will be left with the story about how some guys were fine, and occasionally not so fine, in a world where something is happening, but we don't really know what.

"Lurker"

Status
    Its all part of KC's vision. I was upset about losing angel but as with life, sometimes you can grow on a new character and enjoy it more so. It makes the podcast have the look and feel of reality, as with mass effect 3, people can't always have it their way.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Memis View Post
    Its all part of KC's vision. I was upset about losing angel but as with life, sometimes you can grow on a new character and enjoy it more so. It makes the podcast have the look and feel of reality, as with mass effect 3, people can't always have it their way.
    good point. after a character has run their course, we often want htem to stick around, but when they can add nothing more to the story, they need to go. one way or the other.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    angel is the only character's exit that i felt was
    strangely rushed . . . i'm lying to myself that maybe
    angel switched with someone more effed up than
    he and put the ring on him... his exit was too weird,
    even the hawaiin guy had a big explanation towards his
    ending... although that might happen to angel.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Well for me at the first was that when there was a tension dialog, between characters there was no background music or something to back that feeling up, it feel like having a fight with one of m friends or something in real live, wish i think ether that it was a touch of realism i think you guys want to give...but i was keep in touch with the podcast...and then i start to hear that background tension music, when thing get pretty in tension..

P.S. I'm at chapter 13 and loving it

"Lurker"

Status
    This season has been slow moving for sure. I for one wanted to have answers almost as soon as Season 3 started, but the pace of the season has been very slow, measured, and deliberate. I also think this is a show that benefits from listening to straight through once the season is over. Waiting weeks in between episodes builds anticipation but it also breaks the narrative up too much. I love listening to a completed season straight through after it's complete. Do others feel the same way? Maybe it's just me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast