User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I really like film in general. I'd need you to give me your definition of 'classic', because I've found that differs for most people.

If by classics you mean films like:

Casablanca
    The Maltese Falcon
    Gone With The Wind
    The Wizard of Oz
    North by Northwest
    Citizen Kane
    Rebel Without A Cause
    Red River
    It's A Wonderful Life
    etc
    etc
    etc

Yeah... I do. I'd also argue that there are definite classics on the list of films in the first post (and a few of the subsequent posts). I've always looked at a classic as a film that defines its genre perfectly and does it with a style and grace that other films don't and not just the age of the film. But, I'm a bit of a snob in that respect.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Oh I see your point you are correct there are classics I'll be more specific. What sort of classics do you enjoy or have you seen? I'm a huge John wayne fan. Have you seen The Quiet Man?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

No, I haven't. But I did really like Red River, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, Angel and the Badman, War Wagon (I really loved that one), Rio Bravo, Chisum, Big Jake and The Shootist. I also really loved Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone's Man With No Name movies (Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, A Fistful of Dollars, and For A Few Dollars More)! Not to mention the ultimate western comedy 'The Villain' with Schwarzenegger, Douglas and Paul Lynde in one of the funniest roles ever!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Those are all awesome awesome movies I've seen all of them but war wagon I'll have to see it
    Have you seen Hatari?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I have, but I was I think six or seven when I did, so I don't remember it very well and have no real opinion on it. My dad is a big fan of The Duke and I've sat and watched all sorts of movies with him. It may be one that I see again, like The Green Berets. I don't remember that one too clearly either.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    do you have a favorite older actor?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

A favourite? Humphrey Bogart comes to mind, but really for just one film. The Maltese Falcon. And The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. And Casablanca. And The Big Sleep. And The African Queen. And The Caine Mutiny. And Key Largo.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Tremors 1 is good

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Not sure I want to wait until the middle of May to watch My Science Project.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

There's no better way to start off a marathon of 80s movies than one of the best John Cusack performances. He's such a fucking Lloyd. I enjoyed the hell out of Say Anything this evening. Really brought a good finish to a sub-par day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast