User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I'm also gonna go ahead and guess that CJ has planted all kinds of wicked nifty equipment in Saul and Victor's bags. I'm guessing a geiger counter, gps tracker, audio recorder (possibly), radio (in case she wants to talk to them), perhaps some other unknown gadgetry as well. Any one else have any other ideas as to what kinds of gear would be useful out there? I specifically think there is a GPS tracker in their bags. We know from personal experience that GPS is still up and running. I think it's definitely plausible she has some kind of laptop set up that can track Saul and Victor's movements.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    I specifically think there is a GPS tracker in their bags. We know from personal experience that GPS is still up and running. I think it's definitely plausible she has some kind of laptop set up that can track Saul and Victor's movements.
    Man, you got me thinking about the GPS thing now. I pretty much don't leave home without a Garmin of some sort near me. I've grown used to using one and how they work. If a zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, you can bet I would be marking points of interest on my GPS for reference.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Man, you got me thinking about the GPS thing now. I pretty much don't leave home without a Garmin of some sort near me. I've grown used to using one and how they work. If a zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, you can bet I would be marking points of interest on my GPS for reference.
    Same here. The GPS (true gps, not that internet gps sh*t) chip I have in my phone is always on to. I love being able to track the distances I go.

What I really want to know is how the hell does CJ come to know all of this information? Was she like a secret agent or something?!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Steam ID: Laurasaur28
    For the longest time, I wanted to think CJ was just innocent and scared, but now I don't know... she seems quite suspicious here. Where's she getting all her information?

As for Tanya, I'll be surprised if it's anything BUT a bite/infection!

"Lurker"

Status
    GPS over time becomes inaccurate if the 4 monitoring stations aren't communicating with the satellites, granted I'm not sure how much error would exist over the period of time that all of this has been going on but I don't know if I would rely on GPS all that much anymore.

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: HannukahZombie Steam ID: HannukahZombie
    Shame that a cell phone like an iPhone would be useless for GPS navigation in something like this. My 4S can get a cold fix in less than 5 seconds whereas my TT takes like 2:30 on a good day. You'd have to have a cell phone with offline maps to be useful, but it's still amazing that a device built for a single purpose can be so bad at it.

I'd rather have a map anyway. Maps are much easier to navigate with and mark down notes and such. Plus, you don't need to charge them.

"Lurker"

Status
    Maps are great, but one thing you could use your iPhone for is a compass, there are some very good apps out there. If you had one of those solar maps you could keep your phone charged, of course this is going on the fact that you don't have a real compass.

"Scavenger"

Status

That's true, the compass function would be very useful. I would probably use it for that, but as a tracking device it's pretty crappy since it needs a data connection for the maps. Having a paper map is infinitely more useful because it doesn't need a charge, it's light and you don't have the fear of breaking it or not being able to charge it. One less failure point I guess. I'd love to have an iPhone with me to use because it's so fast at pinpointing your location down to the inch, but as an object to navigate by it has got more drawbacks than a map to me. Then again, using a map is more natural to me after having been in the Marines. Maps are really cool and extremely useful if you know how to use one. I think the requirement of a data connection for anything other than core apps using the hardware (like the compass) make it more of a liability than an asset.

"Scavenger"

Status

One thing I would do if I were either Saul or Victor is to have at minimum two time keeping devices. A simple $5 wristwatch for the both of them would be good for the air tanks situation, have them both start their watches at the exact same time so if they became separated they wouldn't have to rely on the other to keep an eye on their supply time.

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: phant0msm0ke
    ok i think Saul and Vicki well be fine. the title was "last dying breath" and its too obvious for them too die. its Tanya's last breath. she was bitten/scratched back at the tower. now remember when she was talking about treating an infected person which was taking a long time to change over. well what if she is treating herself with the same drugs. she freaked out when they came to take her cause she knew they would find the bite/scratch and not care that she is treating it. so she will either be shot on the spot or denied the drugs she needs and turn. whatever happens it will be her last breath. the question is what will Michael do about it?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast