User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I guess that's the main thing I keep looking at when I think of datu...second only to skittles, he's he character everybody seems to want to make into something he's not..i have trouble engaging the crackpot mind about him for that reason..just not that interesting..to me at least.
    Crackpot would imply outlandish. This theory isn't THAT far out into the Verse that it warrants a crackpot label. Suggesting that he's the mastermind behind the events would have been.
    joint-point-counter-joint

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Even so...i can't make him something he's not. From the most outlandish of theories to even simple buddystuff like this..i just can't shake the feeling that he's not that type of character
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Even so...i can't make him something he's not. From the most outlandish of theories to even simple buddystuff like this..i just can't shake the feeling that he's not that type of character
    I feel the same way when people talk about how evil Scratch is. <3

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Despite my long advocacy of Datu being the rat, I don't think there is any way Datu could account for the missing time of Kalani.

From the point the alarm is tripped to the final shot and Kalani's escape it was 50 seconds. If you knew Kalani was going up to talk to Michael before you left how could you possibly know how long that conversation was? There's no way at all. If Kalani made it up and back down in a reasonable amount of time there's no way to account for it. We also don't know how the question was framed to Datu. Michael knows Datu can't account for his whereabouts the entire time because Michael knows Kalani spoke to him in the room with Tanya. He would be looking for a time estimate between when he left and when he arrived in the basement.

50 seconds is not that noticeable of a time to be absent. Especially not a big fat guy walking upstairs. Those extra 50 seconds could be accounted for on the way up vs. the way down.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Ever seen a fat man climb stairs? That's a whole lot of running for him to do. It starts me thinking that he didn't act alone, regardless of what the journal entry says. Just because he wrote it down, doesn't make it true. Take any given page out of the Bible and you can see that.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Ever seen a fat man climb stairs? That's a whole lot of running for him to do. It starts me thinking that he didn't act alone, regardless of what the journal entry says. Just because he wrote it down, doesn't make it true. Take any given page out of the Bible and you can see that.
    But remember that Kalani did mention that he timed it out, so that he knew how long it would take to get up and back I guess. I agree with the thoughts of Nik that depending on how the questions were put to Datu he would have covered without realising. And being in the carpool with a CD playing would cover any sounds from above. All Kalani has to do is come in quite calmly and say lets get this show on the road and they would have left.
    I do think the Michael should have thought more about the timing of Kalani and Datu leaving the Tower, but if both of them said that they didn't hear anything, and Michael not thinking about the timing, then it was an easy cover with no real effort on Kalani's part.

If we are wrong I am happy with the crow eating (especially as I am one of the people currrently dishing it out), but I just don't see Datu being able to do it. He is too open with who he is and how he is feeling.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    But remember that Kalani did mention that he timed it out, so that he knew how long it would take to get up and back I guess. I agree with the thoughts of Nik that depending on how the questions were put to Datu he would have covered without realising. And being in the carpool with a CD playing would cover any sounds from above. All Kalani has to do is come in quite calmly and say lets get this show on the road and they would have left.
    I do think the Michael should have thought more about the timing of Kalani and Datu leaving the Tower, but if both of them said that they didn't hear anything, and Michael not thinking about the timing, then it was an easy cover with no real effort on Kalani's part.

If we are wrong I am happy with the crow eating (especially as I am one of the people currrently dishing it out), but I just don't see Datu being able to do it. He is too open with who he is and how he is feeling.
    I see no need to feed crow to anyone when it comes to theories. If someone is thinking critically about something relating to the time line of events or character behaviour then that's a great thing, in my opinion. I'm currently going back over everything from Kalani's introduction forward hoping to find either a connection or solid evidence of a lack of collusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12