User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved

Scratch is a Mommy?

Drogon Malice and I were discussing and we realized we both thought Scratch either was or is a Mom. That would explain why she's suddenly kinder to Lizzy when she sees Lizzy is sick.
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Ep/timestamp pending.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status

It's possible, but I seriously doubt it. I got the impression that something happened to her while she was growing up. perhaps she was abused, and doesn't like to see other women treated the same way she was. This is just my opinion though. I could be completely wrong.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Scratch might also be under orders to keep an eye out for women. Seems to me that Durai has a plan for the Mallers. Maybe for creating a Maller based society.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i was always under the impression that anything birthed from scratch would have claws, fangs, and an insatiable taste for human flesh. maybe a pitchfork.

in seriousness though, i think it may be more along gene's theory. i don't see her empathizing with anyone but latch, and he's dead.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I think it's definitely possible that Scratch was a mommy. She does suddenly shift in her demeaner toward Lizzie when she sees that she's throwing up, and could recognize it as morning sickness. So there might be more to it than just the extreme bargaining chip it would be to have the pregnant girlfriend to one of the soldiers from the Tower. Although, I'm not sure how much of a maternal instinct Scratch would have.

If I may expand on Eviebae's theory a little further:
    Perhaps Scratch, with her quick temper, was less-than-stellar at being a mommy, resulting in the loss of her baby/child (i.e. Shaken Baby Syndrome). She might then plan on taking Lizzie's unborn child, seeing it as a second chance or replacement for the one she lost. I have heard horror stories of women killing new mothers or even mothers-to-be and taking the baby as their own. Scratch seems like just the right kind of psycho to do something like that.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Scratch may have carried a baby to full term in prison then was forced to give it up.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I honestly couldn't see Scratch causing harm to her child (IF she had one). In fact, quite the opposite. We all saw how protective she was of her brother... I could see her being fiercely protective of a child--if it was her own. But, I really don't get the feeling that is why she's being protective of Lizzy. I'm more inclined to believe that Lizzy serves a different purpose and that most likely Scratch was abused at one point, probably while in custody, which is why she's adamant about snipping balls off of anyone who touches Lizzy.

/2 cents. 1000th post used to show some Scratch love.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    /2 cents. 1000th post used to show some Scratch love.
    Congrats on the milestone. That's a lot of Scratch love.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Congrats on the milestone. That's a lot of Scratch love.
    It's all about the love. All about the love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast