"Scavenger"

Status
    Agreed... Lol

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Then I think we need to throw that theory out the window until such time as conclusive evidence can be presented, analyzed and discussed at length.
    um, let's not defenestrate anything just yet! Just keep an open mind rather than window.

What we do have is a bunch of observations--some of which contradict each other. So, what are your suggestions?
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    um, let's not defenestrate anything just yet! Just keep an open mind rather than window.

What we do have is a bunch of observations--some of which contradict each other. So, what are your suggestions?
    Suggestions as to how the 'infection' is transmitted?
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Suggestions as to how the 'infection' is transmitted?
    Sure, I mean Kc already knows his solution, but I find it interesting to spitball.
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'd be inclined to avoid the airborne contagion scenario, simply because it makes little to no sense and seems like a huge cop-out. It's like a nuclear explosion in place of the a giant squid. Like the writer/s simply gave up and plucked an idea from a spinning Wallace Plot Wheel.

I'd also avoid the typical 'transferred via saliva and blood' as the vehicle. After the whole 'Saul Lived' debacle that throws a big old monkey wrench into the mix. Sure, there are a lot of variables in that incident that could account for Saul not ending up being seriously dead-ish.

I like to sway in time with the idea of psionics being the cause. It explains the feelings of discomfort, nausea and so on that some characters noted when they drew close to certain sites around the city. It helps to explain the hive mind consciousness that I've touched on before either in post or blog. It could be that Patient Zero's initial exposure to whatever it was that caused the genetic mutation gave him/her access to an unknown higher brain function allowing him/her to 'infect' those in his/her immediate vicinity. It would mean that the biting is merely a side effect of the chemical change in the victim's brain, but entirely unrelated to the passing of the 'infection'.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    I'd be inclined to avoid the airborne contagion scenario, simply because it makes little to no sense and seems like a huge cop-out. It's like a nuclear explosion in place of the a giant squid. Like the writer/s simply gave up and plucked an idea from a spinning Wallace Plot Wheel.

I'd also avoid the typical 'transferred via saliva and blood' as the vehicle. After the whole 'Saul Lived' debacle that throws a big old monkey wrench into the mix. Sure, there are a lot of variables in that incident that could account for Saul not ending up being seriously dead-ish.

I like to sway in time with the idea of psionics being the cause. It explains the feelings of discomfort, nausea and so on that some characters noted when they drew close to certain sites around the city. It helps to explain the hive mind consciousness that I've touched on before either in post or blog. It could be that Patient Zero's initial exposure to whatever it was that caused the genetic mutation gave him/her access to an unknown higher brain function allowing him/her to 'infect' those in his/her immediate vicinity. It would mean that the biting is merely a side effect of the chemical change in the victim's brain, but entirely unrelated to the passing of the 'infection'.
    If you say psionic now, you have to explain why not psionic before now. The game has to have changed. In other words, the people behind this have to have gotten hold of a way to make it work for them better than ever before, what could that be?
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If you say psionic now, you have to explain why not psionic before now. The game has to have changed. In other words, the people behind this have to have gotten hold of a way to make it work for them better than ever before, what could that be?
    I would chalk that up to--like I said--genetic mutation allowing access to some unknown higher brain function. What may have caused that genetic mutation could have been anything from an experimental mood altering drug being tested in a hospital (we all know which one)--though I'm inclined to rail against that particular theory as I just don't like the idea of the experiments of man being the cause--or the unintentional introduction of a spore ingested through tainted food. The old 'bad Spam' theory.

I just like how neatly the idea of psionics/hive mind answers questions about the 'zombies'. I'm probably way off base but entirely willing to admit that. It'll be interesting to see if Kc even answers that question by the final episode. If it was me I would avoid doing that simply to let the mythos spiral out into continual debate even after the show has ended. Everyone has a theory about it and that's what makes it a great topic of discussion. I'm hopeful we never find out.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Everyone has a theory about it and that's what makes it a great topic of discussion. I'm hopeful we never find out.
    I like playing "what if"
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

It's far better than 'So that's what it was... I guess we don't need to talk about it anymore.'

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    um, let's not defenestrate anything just yet!
    Seriously? "Defenestrate" is an actual established word? Really?

Ahem.

Let us assume for a minute for the sake of spitballing that the cause of zombification can be passed through blood and that it could be transmitted by mosquitoes. I'm taking a page outta Max Brooks' book, but what if animals avoid the zombies? In the water facility scene when Angel and Riley hid under a pile of dead bodies, shouldn't the air have been full of flies? Or the ambushed convoy, the driver's compartment smelled like shit. Or the zeds themselves, shouldn't there have been at least some sort of vermin flying or crawling or skittering somewhere? So far the only animals I remember are Mr. Whiskers and Lady.

Of course it might just be that KC doesn't bother with such minor details, but since he has had an insane track record so far, I think this might be something to discuss.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast