User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status

How a baby would influence the story...

If pegs, lizzy, or even Riley have a baby i don't think it will be a nice haven for everyone. (btw this whole thread was started because from what others have said about them being or getting pregnant) ya sure they will all be nice and help when she first has it but if you know what ever hits the fan I could see them possibly ditching both of them... Or at least telling her to leave it. Im not saying they will be cold blooded killers that will ditch the kid at any possible second but let's say they are traveling through the sewers. (this is completely hypothetical) now let's say they have to climb some ladder or something as the zombies are chasing them and the mom can't climb and hold the baby at the same time... I just for some reason see them saying to leave it and save herself... Not the father (of course) but the others... It would probably be at least one way that having a baby at this point in time would be a very good idea... I know this is all just made up on the chance that one of the members of the group is pregnant but what is your opinion on young kids (newborn to 3 years old) during a time like this?

"Scavenger"

Status
    When I said very good.. I meant very bad sorry

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo15 View Post
    If pegs, lizzy, or even Riley have a baby i don't think it will be a nice haven for everyone.
    Yes, true. They'd probably do better if they ever get somewhere settled. Babies are fragile, noisy and smelly...and so kuuuuute!!!

Something that's always puzzled me though, is how throughout history infant mortality was really high--heck, mortality in general was high--but they always had enough disposable population to starve and treat badly.
    SKITTLES?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    For humanity to survive and over come the zombie Apocalypse they will have to breed before the current population of women become infertile due to age or risk having deformed children due to age. Women do not have an unlimited time to breed. after 35 it becomes more difficult without good medical attention.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    For humanity to survive and over come the zombie Apocalypse they will have to breed before the current population of women become infertile due to age or risk having deformed children due to age. Women do not have an unlimited time to breed. after 35 it becomes more difficult without good medical attention.
    Yeesh, or give birth without good medical attention. I've read that even with top notch care 6-8% of women need a cesarean. Plus, survivors will have to spread the gene pool around so you don't get recessive genetic traits being expressed. Yarri, as a nurse, it is your duty to survive the coming apocalypse!
    SKITTLES?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Remember that they are on a military base... Although it may not be the most trained professionals there is at least common medical supplies that could help... And I'm sure the military wouldn't mind lending them the supplies to help the next generation... Idk do you think kc would make one of them pregnant? What if he threw a real curveball and had her have a miscarriage in like the eighth month... That would be terrible

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Yeesh, or give birth without good medical attention. I've read that even with top notch care 6-8% of women need a cesarean. Plus, survivors will have to spread the gene pool around so you don't get recessive genetic traits being expressed. Yarri, as a nurse, it is your duty to survive the coming apocalypse!
    I know I've been told that I'm to not get dead when the zombies arrive.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. they will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in the court.

psalms 127: 4-5

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. they will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in the court.

psalms 127: 4-5

Why do you make posts like this when I can't rep you? You do this to tease me right? *face palm*

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'

not exactly ezekiel 25:17, but still a great line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast