User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Like a thread for each episode? A "Put your questions for chapter X here" One for each episode or chapter so it didn't get too long.
    We used to do that, like Nik mentioned, that was a pretty good way.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    We used to do that, like Nik mentioned, that was a pretty good way.
    Easy enough to restart!

Anyone else have ideas? Especially those disenfranchised from the podcast? If "Bam" was a sore point it's been retired....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    For me I like the new stuff. What I think might have changed is that there is less of the funny stuff like the fan growls etc they were great, or more interviews with the actors. Getting that level back up again might be cool.
    Also Brit don't change you are awesome!!!!!!!! And I guess you too Nik
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I was listening to 29 again last night and I dunno...i think things are going pretty well.. One things that's kinda neat is, Britt seems to have a feel for the Facebook and other online community's whereas Nik is our forum rep. Kinda creates a nice balance between the two. The thing we forum people should probly keep in mind is... At any given moment there are around 200 (250 as of late) people on the forum...typically only 20-30 of them are registered..so there is a draw to this larger than our close knit group...thats easy to lose sight of...but I love the idea of a chapter questions section...that a: gets our thoughts out there bossibly gets a few more people to join...sounds pretty awesome to me!
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Since no one seems to agree with me, I guess I am an ass-hat! I'm glad this has prompted the revival of the questions section again at least.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    Since no one seems to agree with me, I guess I am an ass-hat! I'm glad this has prompted the revival of the questions section again at least.
    if your an ass-hat young master creem, then your my favorite of the ass-hats! i think the majority of us see the concerns you have made...and to a certain extent, agree. don't sweat it bro, they'll get it back to what it once was...hopefully
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    This is a discussion I've had with a few members around here. Personally, I'm kinda on that boat where WND used to be one of my favorites, but I dunno if I can peg it up there anymore.

The guests are fine, it's nice to hear a new voice. Sometimes the new person will be very reclusive, obviously not everyone can jump into the mix so easily, so I can't really blame them. The bigger issue is you need structure in the cast. Three regular hosts would be ideal. Maybe two solid ones if Britt decides to deem Voodoo as her new co-host. I'd say a regular recording time, but I understand that finding times for everyone can be kinda hard. If editing is still an issue with Beez, Skype recorders do pretty well. I've been using one I found for $20 and no complaints on quality on my end.

I'm not saying Britt's not doing well as a host, and I'm not saying that Greg needs to be in it to make it work. Where the show's going right now is great, the editing is awesome, I shouldn't complain. I just know the show's gotten stale for some recently.
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Some time ago I posted a thread entitles 'Is We're Not Dead, Dead?'
    Well Britt and the team have proved that it is very much alive. WND still delivers what it started out to do.
    Line-up and format changes will always leave some people cold, and I'm not sure if the number of listeners has increased or decreased, but for me it remains as entertaining as ever, and continues to significantly shorten my regular car journey between London and Wales.
    Britt is an excellent host, even though I once compared her to Bambi with an AK47, and Nik would make a superb replacement for Greg as co-host. (as would Beez, once he learns to read.)
    You guys just keep doing what you're doing.
    For those that think the sparkle has faded, well that is only natural. People's tastes change. Each to their own. Whatever floats your boat. Not necessarily the fault of the podcast though. I'm sure all suggestions for the future direction of WND will be appreciated by Britt and the team, but don't be telling these guys they are getting it wrong. That really is just your opinion, to which you are entitled, but should not be confused with fact. (not aimed at any individual, by the way.)
    Last edited by CaseyJones; Mar 12th, 2012 at 02:39 AM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I'm quite happy with the show. In fact ever since Beez started editing and Nik has taken on a role as "consistent entity" I have enjoyed it all the more. I do miss Greg's witty bullshit and the great chemistry he had with Britt (they often had me laughing myself to tears), but I feel the current show is just as strong. As far as structure goes, I really dig it; you have some rapport and a recap of the previous WA episode, then thoughts on said episodes, followed up with some theorizing and member comments, and maybe finished up with some listener e-mails.

It would be cool beans to try to get some more guest cast members on the show, especially during the breaks between chapters. I know it is very difficult getting this podcast out with the cray-zay schedule the hosts have and with all the hullabaloo you do for your job-a-roo, but is there anything that can be done to resolve the release time of the podcast? If it could be released on a consistent date that would be rock ass? Perhaps more folks can share the responsibility of recording it or sumfin?

Other than that, I can't think of anything to improve upon. I really dig the job everyone is doing with the show and like really really, for reals, not bull-chit, appreciate the job you all are doing! You get a super-happy-fun-time thumbs up with rainbows in the background from me!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status
    to me, little needs changing really

- love the self-made intro!
    - keep having fan guests and actors/producers from the show on (not necessarily every episode)
    - keep the actual quotes from the drama, but edit them so they aren't recorded over the commentary
    - keep the fan theories discussion

its a free podcast in the end, therefore the content, schedule and quest slots are not always regular - although i will miss the sexual tension between greg and brit

keep up the good work guys!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast