"Lurker"

Status
    everthing thats in my ipod=)

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    THIS HAS BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR A WEEK!!!

In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status

PSN ID: random_highjinx
    The GazettE - Guren / 紅蓮 off their album DIM

It's in Japanese but they're freaking awesome, though if you start going through their music it might get confusing it's very all over the place from ballads to scream rock and heavy metal. And yes, they're all men. And yes, they do look a bit like women. No, they're not cross dressers. It's called visual-kei, kinda a big thing in Japan don't ask me why... I have noooo idea.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by random_highjinx View Post
    The GazettE - Guren / 紅蓮 off their album DIM

It's in Japanese but they're freaking awesome, though if you start going through their music it might get confusing it's very all over the place from ballads to scream rock and heavy metal. And yes, they're all men. And yes, they do look a bit like women. No, they're not cross dressers. It's called visual-kei, kinda a big thing in Japan don't ask me why... I have noooo idea.

i am confused, around here we call that asthetic "emo". that's not strange at all. in fact it's very common among todays youth.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status

PSN ID: random_highjinx
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i am confused, around here we call that asthetic "emo". that's not strange at all. in fact it's very common among todays youth.
    lol It's not emo. The only way I can really explain it, is that it's just Visual. Every release or tour they do has different costumes and stuff. This band is actually really goofy in their press releases and the dvd things they release, so they're definitely not American emo lol.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Just 'discovered' Ali Akbar Khan- the late great Sarod master! Think I like the Sarod even more than the Sitar...

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Listening to Doomed on somafm.com. If you like dark industrial music, you should give it a listen.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Listening to the awesome, awesome, awesome that is Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If you're not up on Carina Round, here's your chance. She really does have a beautiful voice and sound.

Carina Round has carved a singular path in music with her inimitable voice and stirringly varied compositions. Her uncompromising vision and thrilling versatility has garnered an immensely passionate fan base including a myriad of highly regarded musicians. Her forthcoming album ‘Tigermending’ comes from a painting by Amy Cutler where three women sit in a field dutifully stitching the bellies of a heap of helpless Tigers. Carina recounts, “The first time I saw the painting I stared at it for a long time not understanding why. The absurd image absorbed me. There was an innocent simplicity to it. The gentle putting back together of something most ferocious and wild mysteriously damaged to the point of submission. I felt an affinity to it.”

The new album is being released May 1st 2012 through her label Dehisce* and distributed through The Orchard. Produced with Grammy nominated writer Dan Burns, Carina collaborated with some notable champions including the legendary Dave Stewart, Brian Eno, and Smashing Pumpkins’ front man Billy Corgan. She released ‘The Last Time’ single featuring Sierra Swan along with a Puscifer remix of ‘Girl and the Ghost' on Limited Edition 7” Vinyl at the end of last year.

"Making my home in the creative circus of Los Angeles has allowed me the profound opportunity to develop a loving and supportive community of brilliant musicians, artists, photographers, videographers and other collaborators. I’ve been fortunate to work with and learn from some of my favorite artists old and new, which has opened me up to new roads of expression. Also I’ve had time and freedom to experiment and explore, especially without the pressure or constraints of a label. Every song in its own way is speaking of really different things. There’s guitar ragers, acoustic beauties, electronic epics, a little prog moment and all the good stuff in between but there’s a strong backbone running through the whole record."

Haling from England, Carina had an innate determination and passion for music from an early age, which led her to record and self-release her first two albums, ‘First Blood Mystery’ and ‘The Disconnection’. The former shaped by erratic yet engaging sounds drawing from her love of legends Patti Smith, Tom Waits and Jeff Buckley. The latter took those influences into much more powerful and personal realms.

These two albums led to her being signed by Interscope Records, who re-released ‘The Disconnection’ album in 2004. This brought Carina US bound to Los Angeles where she recorded her bewitching and seductive album ‘Slow Motion Addict’ with acclaimed producer Glen Ballard. Accompanying this release in 2007 was a unique 12-part episodic series that cleverly coincided with each track, creating a visual story for the album. In this film Carina starred as the troubled lead character, Maisie Scarlett.

A couple years later, after parting ways with Interscope, Carina toured with Annie Lennox and self-released her ethereal and nakedly confessional EP ‘Things You Should Know’, which resulted in considerable success. Her new songs were featured in numerous film & TV shows and multiple radio stations, including KCRW, championed her music. Carina became a touring member of Puscifer, Tool’s Maynard James Keenan’s band, worked on their latest album ‘Conditions of My Parole’, and began opening the live shows.

Opportunities began to arise to work with other artists Carina admires, including singing on The Twilight Singers album ‘Dynamite Steps’, working with the award winning composers John Debney and Glen Ballard on a song composed for the film ‘Valentine’s Day’, writing with Academy Award winner Marco Beltrami, as well as finishing up an album with her Alt-Country side project Early Winters, which was self-released earlier in the year. The Early Winters’ track ‘Count Me In’ will be featured in the upcoming Warner Brothers film ‘The Lucky One’ in April and Carina’s song ‘For Everything A Reason’ will be in the upcoming film ‘Dark Hearts’ later in the year. TV and film placements include American Horror Story, Pretty Little Liars, Dollhouse, as well as many more.

*Dehisce : to burst open spontaneously releasing seeds / content: is a previously closed wound reopening.

www.CarinaRound.com

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast