User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    So, I was listening to “Purgatory.” When Samantha describes her tower, she explicitly states the ambush occurred “in the rain” The rain can also be heard in the background along with screams and gunfire. In the rain, the red blood cells will break open and all the hemoglobin (red) will diffuse and be washed away in the rain. So, I am doubling down on my belief that even the rainstorm was there for a reason.

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: HannukahZombie Steam ID: HannukahZombie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Rain doesn't wash away blood. We had that conversation during chapter....22 I think? in regards to finding the gory mess at LAX. Had they not been chased from the area they might have been able to follow the trail
    Not true. Rain can and will easily wash away blood if it's raining is hard enough. It had been raining for quite awhile before they even went out, the team from the other tower was attacked earlier in that same downpour, so them being attacked and blood going everywhere it's very possible that the blood did wash away. Quite easily given how hard it was raining and that they were ambushed because of the inclement weather being perfect for springing a trap. Blood stains if it sits and has a chance to dry, it was pouring when they went out so it didn't have any time to dry or sit in one spot. It would have inside the cars, but not on the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche
    I think the LAX was more about the Hydrolic stuff not washing away. That was my bad. I think the copter gore was limited to the inside of the chopper.
    There was a hydraulic leak, but they were cleaning up the guys that got attacked inside the helicopter. They even talked about the pilots head still being inside his helmet. That's why Saul said he couldn't help since he had an open wound, and Victor gave him shit about not helping, hydraulic fluid wouldn't hurt him but infected blood would. Plus, the cleaning materials they had wouldn't clean up a hydraulic spill and they wouldn't really worry about it further than wiping excess fluid away to prevent a slip hazard. They were cleaning up gore, not hydraulic fluid.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

And you're certain it was raining when CJ's team was ambushed?

And if the evac team at Lax was in the first two days when we know it didn't rain, there's no way blood cleans off in rain alone without a cleaning agent.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Nik, when Samantha relates her story to Datu, it is raining in the background of the flashback.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I am here to serve.
    how bout a coke with ice? maybe a cheeseburger and some fries to go with that? i'm sorry, i couldn't stop myself

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    how bout a coke with ice? maybe a cheeseburger and some fries to go with that? i'm sorry, i couldn't stop myself
    Will that be for here or to go sir?

Can I interest you in super sizing your order for an additional $1.49?
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Will that be for here or to go sir?

Can I interest you in super sizing your order for an additional $1.49?
    where do i swipe my credit card?

"Scavenger"

Status

And you're certain it was raining when CJ's team was ambushed?
    Yes, Samanthas flashback was about that ambushed and the rain can clearly be heard.
    And if the evac team at Lax was in the first two days when we know it didn't rain, there's no way blood cleans off in rain alone without a cleaning agent.
    They were'nt cleaning up blood, they were cleaning the gore and mess in the back of the chopper. Cleaning up dried blood on the ground would be a waste of time, that's why they went into the chopper and cleaned that up. Saul didn't help because of his PIC line and instead went to go get cleaning supplies (then stole a car and ran off looking for Liz)

EDIT TO ADD:
    Rain doesn't wash away blood. We had that conversation during chapter....22 I think? in regards to finding the gory mess at LAX. Had they not been chased from the area they might have been able to follow the trail
    Why would they even look for a trail coming from LAX? By that time they had already known that the Arena was where they concentration of them was, and they had tracked Datu down and saved him from there. Following a trail from LAX wouldn't gain them anything that they didn't already know without risking too much. I don't see why that's relevant or important, because by that time they had already established their base so to speak and they were planning on leaving anyway. I don't get why this is important to the story or plot. Is there something I'm missing in your comment?
    Last edited by Ray; Apr 10th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Yes, Samanthas flashback was about that ambushed and the rain can clearly be heard.
    Been a while since I listened to chapt 10. I think I always associated the rain with the attack on the other tower.

They were'nt cleaning up blood, they were cleaning the gore and mess in the back of the chopper. Cleaning up dried blood on the ground would be a waste of time, that's why they went into the chopper and cleaned that up. Saul didn't help because of his PIC line and instead went to go get cleaning supplies (then stole a car and ran off looking for Liz)
    I'm not talking about the interior, I'm talking about outside and blood being present on the pavement/Tarmac. Point being the bodies from the evac attempt are gone. We know zombies steal bodies. We know rain cannot completely wash blood away from pavement (though you dispute that aspect of my assessment which is fine). What you quoted and responded to was in my response to arthur who was saying there's no way anyone could follow a blood trail from the ambush of the convoy because of the rain.
    EDIT TO ADD:

Why would they even look for a trail coming from LAX? By that time they had already known that the Arena was where they concentration of them was, and they had tracked Datu down and saved him from there. Following a trail from LAX wouldn't gain them anything that they didn't already know without risking too much. I don't see why that's relevant or important, because by that time they had already established their base so to speak and they were planning on leaving anyway. I don't get why this is important to the story or plot. Is there something I'm missing in your comment?
    Here's the failure to communicate: the ambush sight is well before Datu is captured. If BSL wasn't chased from the scene by TOWTM maybe they find a clue about the arena earlier.

"Scavenger"

Status

I'm not talking about the interior, I'm talking about outside and blood being present on the pavement/Tarmac. Point being the bodies from the evac attempt are gone. We know zombies steal bodies. We know rain cannot completely wash blood away from pavement (though you dispute that aspect of my assessment which is fine). What you quoted and responded to was in my response to arthur who was saying there's no way anyone could follow a blood trail from the ambush of the convoy because of the rain.
    I agree that rain can't completely wash away blood, but if it's hard enough then it can make following a trail very difficult. Don't forget that one of the Mallers did say that they had 40 radios and could hear everything the Tower guys were saying. They could have picked up the location of the Arena from those radio messages. (just a theory)

Here's the failure to communicate: the ambush sight is well before Datu is captured. If BSL wasn't chased from the scene by TOWTM maybe they find a clue about the arena earlier.
    Ah, okay. I see what you mean now, I completely missed that exchange. Had it not been raining I'm sure it would have been clear which direction they left the ambush site from. Might have changed the whole sequence of events if they decided to pursue that course of action. I think they had more pressing matters with the hospital and power issues to find out the direction the zombies dragged the dead and turned though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12