User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

The timing of Lizzy departing the Tower is off. The chapter title was "About Last Night" meaning/assuming Lizzy was kicked out the night of the Colony rebellion and hostile take over. So as MPKVTH were escaping the Colony, back in LA Lizzy was being booted from the Tower. She was captured in the morning/afternoon The Colony crew returned. So in your timeline, that puts Lizzy being kicked out comes on July 25, and gets kidnapped on the 26th.

The other obvious issue arises where we know that the Colony storyline and the Kalani/Angel storyline, while told simultaneously, did not occur at the same time. Otherwise Angel wouldn't have necessarily have been so spry when he met everyone down in the garage. He's had time to heal from his gashes.

EDIT: We are in August as of Chapter 18 according to Kc.
    So... I appreciate the help. Lizzy had to be kicked out at least a day before MPKVTH left the colony. The proof is that Burt says he was out most of yesterday and last night looking for her. Kelly says in the first part of "desperate times" that it has been two weeks since she last wrote in her journal.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

You're right on both counts. I didn't listen far enough when I was checking. He first only mentions being out that night, then says after that he'd been out the previous day.

And I totally forgot Kelly gave us a time frame. What does throw me off horribly is Kc saying back when we were listening to chapter 18 the story was in August, but that obviously can't be the case. i think Kc giving the chapter 24 date is very helpful. At least there's a solid end date to count backwards from. we have far more accurate timings in the last few chapters vs 16-19 (or so).
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Nov 12th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Ok, I know I've been gone for quite a while, and I know I've said I would get it up on here before, BUT to those who are interested, I have a crazy detailed timeline for the story already written up. Problem is, it's in a notebook (kind of fitting now that I think about it) and I took a break between recording all of the details on paper and transferring them to a clean, attractive, electronic format. Between two new jobs, school, personal stuff, and the off-season, WA kind of got pushed onto the back burner for a bit.
    Now that things have calmed back down and the semester ends this week, I'm determined to finish this project I started months ago. If anyone has any suggestions on a good program to use for making a timeline or has anything they would like to see included, I would love to hear it.

Right now, the timeline is organized by day and from there breaks down into approximate time that events in the story happened. Looking at the story this way gives a pretty good feel for what a day in the tower is like and how action packed some days could be for them. My notes also include where in the timeline characters are first introduced, where characters leave us, and a couple other little things like that. It also notes where individual episodes start and end, so that may help with tracking down events in the story when you want to re-listen to something.
    Last edited by shananala8; Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I'd love to see someone move forward with this and maybe make it part of the wiki. Any volunteers? Something that everyone can edit and put in the pieces. Heck, even I might contribute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'd love to see someone move forward with this and maybe make it part of the wiki. Any volunteers? Something that everyone can edit and put in the pieces. Heck, even I might contribute
    Love it! Do we know if there's a way to make a graphic timeline in the wiki? or do we need to do it list format like th3_t3ch did originally?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I have been thinking about this. I think we can have several versions.

1) Have things documented in a very organized for as a list. We have to start somewhere.
    2) Almost the same as (1), but constructed laterally. |------>
    3) Take the events out of the list and write them on a "monthly planner". The ones that have a blank box for each day and fits on a single piece of paper.
    4) More rigorous, but what I have already been thinking about in my mind is a hybrid. A Project Manager variant. Important events are given their own "line" and major milestones are shown. It kinda would look like this where " . " is actually a spacebar keystroke. I do not know if this interface compresses spaces etc.

[-----Event 1 -----|| milestone 1 || -------- || milestone 2 || ---------------]
    ...........................[---------------- Event 2 ---------]...............................
    ......................................[---Event 3 --].................................................
    ........................................[ -- Event 4 ---- || milestone 3 || ------------]..

We can see how things overlap. Like when Edward Scissor Kitty prepares to go all Jason like on the upcoming Friday the 13th. Meanwhile Lady is singing should I stay or should I go now....

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Love it! Do we know if there's a way to make a graphic timeline in the wiki? or do we need to do it list format like th3_t3ch did originally?
    Not sure, but the person who would know is from the Vault Wiki site. We could contract him out to help us make a template possibly.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Just talked with the Wiki guru. No can do. We can do the ordered list like we have here.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Ok, it may not be perfect for fitting in with the Wiki, but I found some software online that I think could work well with the information I've collected for it. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. I'm entering Season 1 into it now to see how it looks so hopefully I can share that soon. Here's the link to the software along with a few examples at the bottom:

http://timeline.cer.jhu.edu/

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I have made a wiki page called Timeline. With a link here. Amongst everyone's editing skills I think it can become refined.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast