User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Technically true, in that you can own a demilitarized, non-firing RPG launcher with dummy rounds. It is highly illegal for a civilian to own an actual, working RPG or live RPG rounds in the United States. You can, however, legally own a fully functioning machinegun or a silenced weapon. All you need to do is pass a background check and pay a licensing fee to get a Class 3 federal firearms license.
    Legality is obviously not something that concerned Burt. He has been shown to have more than a few things he probably shouldn't have in his possession legally (claymore's, C-4 and god only knows what else). It's an interesting aspect of Burt's character that he was, seemingly for all intents and purposes, a black market arms dealer...on a small scale of course.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Can't private citizens own fully function "destructive devices" i.e. RPG's? I'm not implying that Burt was a private citizen but I am implying that the buyer could have been.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Legality is obviously not something that concerned Burt. He has been shown to have more than a few things he probably shouldn't have in his possession legally (claymore's, C-4 and god only knows what else). It's an interesting aspect of Burt's character that he was, seemingly for all intents and purposes, a black market arms dealer...on a small scale of course.
    That's 1 thing I have in common with Burt as a character not the black market arms dealer thing but the not being concerned with legality thing. It's 1 of my favorite things about Burt just because I can relate so well that and I'm a semi-gun enthusiast, and that I'v never based anything I have or haven't done on the legal system.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    everything but the c4 and claymore are things that any citizen could get with the right licenses, and you may be able to get the claymores, but that's the only thing i'm not sure on. the only thing that you have to be government, police, or gov contractor to have is the c4 so unless he did work for a gc that was the only thing that was def illeagal. the rest may have been but the c4 almost certainly

"Lurker"

Status
    "Guns don't kill people.. People kill people".. I've owned guns for years and never had a cause so far to use them or even point them at anyone. Does that mean I should become complacent and rely on the police or military to come save me? If that's your mentality, good luck with that, and look up Katrina stories. Aside from that, in answer to someone's question on here who asked why anyone in America aside from terrorists would ever need an RPG, I say that you don't need to be a terrorist or even be warlike to be prepared to defend yourself and your family from large scale aggression.

I should clarify that I'm not referring to disagreements with your neighbors here, or the small-time crook who breaks into your house for your jewelry. Don't shoot an RPG at them... Also, if you've had no military training, leave the RPG alone. You'll probably forget to disengage it and blow yourself up. I should also clarify that I'm also not talking about buying a shitload of camo gear, spending your monthly salary on .223 ammo and converting your weekend warrior AR-15 to full-auto, joining a fringe militia bent on overthrowing the government, nor spending your every weekend trudging through the mountains and forests of Idaho on "military-style missions" in expectation of Armageddon. Don't become a nut... just be prepared.
    Last edited by archangel; Aug 10th, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    everything but the c4 and claymore are things that any citizen could get with the right licenses, and you may be able to get the claymores, but that's the only thing i'm not sure on. the only thing that you have to be government, police, or gov contractor to have is the c4 so unless he did work for a gc that was the only thing that was def illeagal. the rest may have been but the c4 almost certainly
    What if I want to get rid of that tree stump in my back yard? Shouldn't I be allowed to get about 50lbs of C4, plug 8 or 10 dets into the brick, and stand a few feet away while my tree stump gets vaporized? It's every average citizen's right, especially those that get their military training from The Internet Academy.

All joking aside though, I think because the show is fiction, any argument can be made about what licenses Burt holds and whether or not he can obtain C4 legally or not..

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I need to correct myself on a key point, it is legal for American citizens to own anti-tank rocket launchers! Technically.

Class 3 of the National Firearms Act includes a category, in addition to machineguns and silenced weapons, called Destructive Devices. Destructive devices include rocket launchers, grenades, and military grade explosives such as C4. To qualify you have to go through a special background check and explain to the BATF why you need the devices in question, but it is theoretically possible for a private citizen to get the license (1 required per item, cost $1,000 per item per year).

So there was a very small chance that everything that Burt had in his store was there legally. Not likely, but possible.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I am not well versed in American Gun laws (especially since it varies from state to state.....all I know about weapons laws is if I'm carrying my work knife I need to make sure I unclip it from my pocket before I walk out of the building or I'll get arrested), so I will certainly defer to those who know better than I.

The only reason I make my "Black Market Dealer" claim, which I do so with tongue firmly planted in cheek, on Burt is because he himself said some of the stuff he had wasn't exactly legal.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

The only reason I make my "Black Market Dealer" claim, which I do so with tongue firmly planted in cheek, on Burt is because he himself said some of the stuff he had wasn't exactly legal.
    Well, that's actually a good point.. haha.. when it comes directly from Burt's mouth, the argument becomes moot..

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Law enforcement finds caches of illegal and stolen military weapontry all the time in the U.S. Christ, one idiot stole a tank out of a natl guard installation in San Diego back in the '90s and drove it literally "through" town for almost an hour. If it's out there, it can be had by hook or by crook. I think Burt even had claymore mines. Those things should be illegal even in time of war, but I'm sure there are some stuffed in a box in somebody's garage somewhere.

And Burt certainly had nothing to do with Pippen's death. Like nikvoodoo said, he was with Saul at LAX.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast