User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    "Lurker"

Status
    its funny how i keep seeing victor than saul and others....i have most of the same victor is number one and it wasnt like it was a slow thing ethier he jumped up to the top just by his personality. saul is just a badass guy along with grunpy synide remarks love it.... and for me of course it has to be burt just the moive qoutes and such cant get enough... but as of late his parts arent dont make me to happy.is it sad to say i miss the old days when burt was an ass to everyone and would kill anything that moved.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijinpunk View Post
    Victor has stones. Big ones. That drag the ground. How he basically saved everyone's @$$ and got them out of the colony is proof enough for me.
    For some reason, ever since that point, the image in my mind of Victor is very similar to Danny Trejo. I think Victor's character has been made to look somewhat belittled by Saul lately though and his attitude seems to have become a tad whiney. Bring back tough guy Victor!

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
    For some reason, ever since that point, the image in my mind of Victor is very similar to Danny Trejo. I think Victor's character has been made to look somewhat belittled by Saul lately though and his attitude seems to have become a tad whiney. Bring back tough guy Victor!
    Okay,...now I'm gonna start whining about your post! lol
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    all through Victors ups and downs Ive come to realize he has quickly become one of my top 3 to want to spend my time with during a zombie uprising

"Fresh Meat"

Status

I'm quite the Victor fan as well and I have a theory (more of a headcanon, really.) I think that the Victor we meet is Victor 2.0. I think that Victor 1.0 was a pretty regular guy--sold insurance, played futbol with friends, still had a thing for his bitch ex, and liked to read. But then the zombie apocalypse happened and he became Victor 2.0. He does all the things he did before except selling insurance, which he's swapped out for shooting zombies in the head. Like a boss.

There are a couple of things that make me think this. One, his defense of Pegs. Obviously, Victor is valiente but I assumed that he was just trying to get in good with her at first. (Which would be fine with me. Pegs has a special place in my heart and I automatically like people who like her.) But in retrospect, I wonder if Pegs reminds him of himself? She's with a guy who doesn't seem to be all that into her and people treat her like an idiot, despite the fact that she's a pretty nice person. Maybe Victor was in a similar situation with his ex and a job he wasn't proud of. There's something so American about that back story and the idea that Victor gets a chance to be a bad ass and not a Pegs anymore. Two, he seems to placate Saul rather than engaging him when Saul was joking about Fernando. I mean, Saul lived in tents with men for at least a year. That's a lot of material. Victor's approach seems like one of submission, which I don't say to insult him. It seems to me like he's used to avoiding conflict rather than engaging in it. (I also think that Victor 2.0 is very confident in his abilities. Victor 1.0 might have dodged because he was too weak to fight back but 2.0 is definitely not embarrassed or worried that someone might think he's gay. Because he's a bad ass and he knows it.) But I'm probably wrong about this. He's probably actually an assassin for the Vatican who kills people by ripping their throats out...with his teeth.

Also, regarding casting Victor, he's got to look pretty trustworthy/average because people don't seem intimidated by him at first. And in my mind, Victor looks like someone's tío...a tío who wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone in the face. So, I think that someone like David Zayas would make a good Victor. He's got charisma and does a good job playing a tough guy with a heart of gold. (Of course, he's not as good looking as the guy who plays Victor, but tant pis.)

Oh, that Victor. ¡Que hombre! Tienes que amarlo.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    Okay,...now I'm gonna start whining about your post! lol
    Oh I didn't mean any of the cast are to blame, or how the characters are played, I meant the scripting seems to have made Victor slightly belittled by Saul for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them both. Victor is awesome and I think I'm just missing him kicking ass.

(Which character do you voice btw?)

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    I'm quite the Victor fan as well and I have a theory (more of a headcanon, really.) I think that the Victor we meet is Victor 2.0. I think that Victor 1.0 was a pretty regular guy--sold insurance, played futbol with friends, still had a thing for his bitch ex, and liked to read. But then the zombie apocalypse happened and he became Victor 2.0. He does all the things he did before except selling insurance, which he's swapped out for shooting zombies in the head. Like a boss.

There are a couple of things that make me think this. One, his defense of Pegs. Obviously, Victor is valiente but I assumed that he was just trying to get in good with her at first. (Which would be fine with me. Pegs has a special place in my heart and I automatically like people who like her.) But in retrospect, I wonder if Pegs reminds him of himself? She's with a guy who doesn't seem to be all that into her and people treat her like an idiot, despite the fact that she's a pretty nice person. Maybe Victor was in a similar situation with his ex and a job he wasn't proud of. There's something so American about that back story and the idea that Victor gets a chance to be a bad ass and not a Pegs anymore. Two, he seems to placate Saul rather than engaging him when Saul was joking about Fernando. I mean, Saul lived in tents with men for at least a year. That's a lot of material. Victor's approach seems like one of submission, which I don't say to insult him. It seems to me like he's used to avoiding conflict rather than engaging in it. (I also think that Victor 2.0 is very confident in his abilities. Victor 1.0 might have dodged because he was too weak to fight back but 2.0 is definitely not embarrassed or worried that someone might think he's gay. Because he's a bad ass and he knows it.) But I'm probably wrong about this. He's probably actually an assassin for the Vatican who kills people by ripping their throats out...with his teeth.

Also, regarding casting Victor, he's got to look pretty trustworthy/average because people don't seem intimidated by him at first. And in my mind, Victor looks like someone's tío...a tío who wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone in the face. So, I think that someone like David Zayas would make a good Victor. He's got charisma and does a good job playing a tough guy with a heart of gold. (Of course, he's not as good looking as the guy who plays Victor, but tant pis.)

Oh, that Victor. ¡Que hombre! Tienes que amarlo.
    Damn, that's a WHOLE LOT of Victor love!! I'm so tough I'm flexing my tear ducts,....sniff.

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
    Oh I didn't mean any of the cast are to blame, or how the characters are played, I meant the scripting seems to have made Victor slightly belittled by Saul for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them both. Victor is awesome and I think I'm just missing him kicking ass.

(Which character do you voice btw?)
    I think I play Victor,...lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234