User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Happy Days!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    Just because it's important to you doesn't mean the same for all of us. Most yes but not all.
    I'm going to assume that were talking to me, because I can't find any other post that this would makes sense. I was just sharing my opinion on the matter, that's what threads are for, you don't need to rage on me. But I will call it silly that you like the Mallers more, I respect your opinion, the Mallers have just been asshats the entire time so I find it curious.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_huber View Post
    they might have to go back to la cuz they didnt take any supplies did they
    but you've got to remember, the whole point of going to irwin in the first place was because it was the most likely to be self sustaining. i don't know how many of you know, but ft irwin is home to NTC (National Training Center) NTC is the largest training facility in the free world. they host HUGE training excercises and if there was any one in training at all when everything went down, they would have had tons of food (at least atm) it would also, theoretically, be the most secure facility in the nation, not only do they do MILES training but they also do live fire training, so potentially ft irwin is the last bastion of the US military. irwin is also naturally secure as it is surrounded by desert.

irwin rant over... next

kc said, everyone will hate scratch, and a lot of people felt really attached to the tower. would it be applicable to say that the tower was a character of it's own, and that scratch "killed" the tower?

edit: to clarify, MILES is Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System... army laser tag
    Last edited by reaper239; Aug 1st, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    But they were still people! (from an in story perspective) For some reason Red Shirt deaths affect me. I can't help but personalize the perspective of the non-special people who get tossed around and disposed of brutally in some stories by the major players.
    BRO!, you just made my day, never suspected anyone else felt the same, never having heard it expressed in any other genre or forum for said.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    kc said, everyone will hate scratch, and a lot of people felt really attached to the tower. would it be applicable to say that the tower was a character of it's own, and that scratch "killed" the tower?
    Yes I think it's safe to personify the Tower in that way, I mean it's not like people hate Durai right now (unless your against the Mallers as an Antagonist and as a whole you kind of have to hate their leader/organizer) but I also think it's safe to say that this was just Scratch's plan. It was even questioned if Durai even knew they were still up north or if he knew the mission he gave Scratch and her convoy had been completed. And that's really scary because that means that what Scratch and the Mallers left from the Arena mission did at the end of season 2 was nowhere near how much damage the Mallers at full force could do. That was more like a spec-ops mission for the Mallers if you think about it. And they sure as hell aren't hurting in numbers. Remember when the fake trade was suppose to happen and the Scratch sent the worst of her convoy to be killed pretty much I mean she knew that the Tower would send their best so she sent her convoys worse as a distraction."Thinning out the weak" as she put it.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

The tower is dead. Long live the tower.

Let's all take just a brief moment and reflect on all the good things that the tower brought us...

hmm... yeah I can't think of anything. As for hating Scratch by the end of the season? No way. Scratch did nothing wrong. She just wanted the bitch that killed her brother, that's all. She didn't give a fuck about anyone or anything else.

Scratch4Life
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    when the tower collapsed wherent most of the red shirts in the motor pool

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    The tower is dead. Long live the tower.

Let's all take just a brief moment and reflect on all the good things that the tower brought us...

hmm... yeah I can't think of anything. As for hating Scratch by the end of the season? No way. Scratch did nothing wrong. She just wanted the bitch that killed her brother, that's all. She didn't give a fuck about anyone or anything else.

Scratch4Life
    see the problem that i have with that way of thinking is this: if it wasn't for the actions of the mallers and latch's willing participation, he never would have died. she's acting like a spoiled little brat, it was their own fault he died for attacking the tower. that's like saying my brother broke into your house planning to kill you, you shot him, and i come after you for killing him. that may make sense to the criminally insane, but i think someone should put her on her knees, make her beg for her life, and then put two in the back of her head. execution. and i'd do it to anyone running wild like that, two to the head, make sure they don't come back.

so yes scratch did wrong and she should be dealt with like the dog she is.
    Last edited by reaper239; Aug 1st, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    see the problem that i have with that way of thinking is this: if it wasn't for the actions of the mallers and latch's willing participation, he never would have died. she's acting like a spoiled little brat, it was their own fault he died for attacking the tower. that's like saying my brother broke into your house planning to kill you, you shot him, and i come after you for killing him. that may make sense to the criminally insane, but i think someone should put her on her knees, make her beg for her life, and then put two in the back of her head. execution. and i'd do it to anyone running wild like that, two to the head, make sure they don't come back.

so yes scratch did wrong and she should be dealt with like the dog she is.
    You're making a lot of assumptions. If you consider the only force of 'good' to be the residents of the tower, then yes you logic works. If you consider that everyone is simply trying to stay alive the only way they can, then your logic falls apart. Your sense of right and wrong is distorted through the lens of a one-sided storyline. I feel for you, bro. I feel for you. The residents stole from the mallers. There was a plan for that tanker from the beginning and that plan was quite clearly to destroy as many of the biters as they could. The residents fired the first shot and the mallers reacted accordingly. This isn't rocket science, it's just the nature of the world that the story is being told in.

So Pegs did wrong and she should be dealt with like the dog she is.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    You're making a lot of assumptions. If you consider the only force of 'good' to be the residents of the tower, then yes you logic works. If you consider that everyone is simply trying to stay alive the only way they can, then your logic falls apart. Your sense of right and wrong is distorted through the lens of a one-sided storyline. I feel for you, bro. I feel for you. The residents stole from the mallers. There was a plan for that tanker from the beginning and that plan was quite clearly to destroy as many of the biters as they could. The residents fired the first shot and the mallers reacted accordingly. This isn't rocket science, it's just the nature of the world that the story is being told in.

So Pegs did wrong and she should be dealt with like the dog she is.
    Sadly I think most of the We're Alive listeners have a completely 1 sided view of the We're Alive universe. That the Tower residents are the "good guys" and everyone else is bad, instead of looking at it more logically from the "story of survival" standpoint. And I thought I was the only one that realized that the Tower started the conflict with the Malllers, if the residents had just given Latch and Scratch what was in their territory back maybe just maybe the Tower would still be standing. I mean the number 1 rule of taking something that someone else has already claimed is prepare for the worse because you don't know what their capable of. And everyone completely underestimated the Mallers. So this is the price they pay...

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    Sadly I think most of the We're Alive listeners have a completely 1 sided view of the We're Alive universe. That the Tower residents are the "good guys" and everyone else is bad, instead of looking at it more logically from the "story of survival" standpoint. And I thought I was the only one that realized that the Tower started the conflict with the Malllers, if the residents had just given Latch and Scratch what was in their territory back maybe just maybe the Tower would still be standing. I mean the number 1 rule of taking something that someone else has already claimed is prepare for the worse because you don't know what their capable of. And everyone completely underestimated the Mallers. So this is the price they pay...
    True story, sir. True story.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast