User Tag List

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Griss View Post
    As for who saul is going to offer up for trade. I think it might be pippin, Yes i know he is dead at this point but the bigger question is. Does saul know that?
    I just can't see Scratch giving a damn about Pippin. He's there for one purpose only... subversion. If he's not serving his purpose I see Scratch and Co. having little use for him. Just another mouth to feed.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Griss View Post
    As for who saul is going to offer up for trade. I think it might be pippin, Yes i know he is dead at this point but the bigger question is. Does saul know that?
    Saul does know that. Kalani and Datu bring Burt and Saul up to speed when they arrive at LAX to start working on the chopper. Saul knows Pippin is dead and that Lewis is in custody for the murder.

And as Osiris said above: Pippin's one purpose could have been to keep the Tower distracted by having them focus inward, while the Mallers are performing activities around their walls. After all, from the Mallers POV the Tower are a bunch of authoritative assholes and bullies: They stole their tanker (which they were planning on using to kill the zombies en masse), they spied on their home first, they ignored the offer to be let into the Tower, they fired the first shots of the War, and the Tower called the zombies to attack the Mallers (they don't know its a fact, but they do suspect it).

If I were the Mallers, I'd want these group of aggressive assholes (who also are the remnants of the authority structure that imprisoned them) to be distracted at all costs.

EDIT: Fixed my typo (Kalani vs. Pippin being dead), so I deleted your post questioning what I was talking about.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jul 12th, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    They stole their tanker (which they were planning on using to kill the zombies en masse),
    That's a good point. How long before the Mallers attacked the arena did the tower take that tanker? It feels like a very long time ago; did Durai know about the arena at that point or was his plan a more general mass cull back then?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbeardhawk View Post
    Maybe i'm confusing/combining the two but didn't Angel say in 1-1 that they creatures on the freeway could have come from the mental institution. He added it was only 10 or so miles away? (pulling from recent memory) That was at the army base, was he referring to the same hospital or a different special mental hospital? Does the Tivo say "Caine" when it refers to the Mental institution?
    the Tivo doesn't mention Caine, just that Ink was being transferred to a mental health facility after his plea for insanity was accepted in a multiple homicide case in Santa Monica

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Saul does know that. Kalani and Datu bring Burt and Saul up to speed when they arrive at LAX to start working on the chopper. Saul knows Pippin is dead and that Lewis is in custody for the murder.

And as Osiris said above: Pippin's one purpose could have been to keep the Tower distracted by having them focus inward, while the Mallers are performing activities around their walls. After all, from the Mallers POV the Tower are a bunch of authoritative assholes and bullies: They stole their tanker (which they were planning on using to kill the zombies en masse), they spied on their home first, they ignored the offer to be let into the Tower, they fired the first shots of the War, and the Tower called the zombies to attack the Mallers (they don't know its a fact, but they do suspect it).

If I were the Mallers, I'd want these group of aggressive assholes (who also are the remnants of the authority structure that imprisoned them) to be distracted at all costs.

EDIT: Fixed my typo (Kalani vs. Pippin being dead), so I deleted your post questioning what I was talking about.
    I'm inclined to agree with Capt. Typographical Error III. The only reason we're on the Resident's side is because its their side of the story we're hearing. Who knows how we would feel had this all been from the Maller's perspective. Pippin is no barganing chip and Saul knows it. He won't bother trying that route.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Capt. Typographical Error III.
    Jackass

Worst part? I can't even blame it on being on a mobile device this time. I was on my lappy and decided that I felt like typing Kalani instead of Pippin as the murdered subject.

Quote Originally Posted by symon_r View Post
    That's a good point. How long before the Mallers attacked the arena did the tower take that tanker? It feels like a very long time ago; did Durai know about the arena at that point or was his plan a more general mass cull back then?
    We don't really know how long it was. The best guess I've been able to throw at it: The Mallers originally tried to set up shop at the Arena and quickly discovered how piss poor a plan that was. That's one of the best reasons I can think of as to why they'd know that and be hatching the Tanker Truck Bomb plan.

By every estimate I've ever seen on "Life After People" on the History Channel, the power grid every where would fail within a week to two weeks without human intervention. So most definitely by the middle of June '09 S/B/L had stolen the tanker.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jul 12th, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Jackass

Worst part? I can't even blame it on being on a mobile device this time. I was on my lappy and decided that I felt like typing Kalani instead of Pippin as the murdered subject.

We don't really know how long it was. The best guess I've been able to throw at it: The Mallers originally tried to set up shop at the Arena and quickly discovered how piss poor a plan that was. That's one of the best reasons I can think of as to why they'd know that and be hatching the Tanker Truck Bomb plan.

By every estimate I've ever seen on "Life After People" on the History Channel, the power grid every where would fail within a week to two weeks without human intervention. So most definitely by the middle of June '09 was when S/B/L stole the tanker.
    I'm not entirely certain that I agree with your assessment of the Mallers having tried to set up operations at the Arena as a reason they would know where to launch their attack. I would be inclined to believe it was something much more innocuous such as they had attempted to scavenge supplies from there at one point. Perhaps searching for food or fuel?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    For all we know the mallers could have got some locators and tried an experiment of their own.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm not entirely certain that I agree with your assessment of the Mallers having tried to set up operations at the Arena as a reason they would know where to launch their attack. I would be inclined to believe it was something much more innocuous such as they had attempted to scavenge supplies from there at one point. Perhaps searching for food or fuel?
    That would be the other option I considered, however I'm trying to give the Mallers more credit than holding up in a strip mall as their first choice. The arena would have been a much better plan than the strip mall. But yeah, scouring for supplies also makes sense.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

That would be the other option I considered, however I'm trying to give the Mallers more credit than holding up in a strip mall as their first choice. The arena would have been a much better plan than the strip mall. But yeah, scouring for supplies also makes sense.
    I'm going to have to go back to the map after I finish writing this blog entry... you've raised an interesting question here.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast