User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283

We're Not Dead Episode 20

just noticed the new episode is up and there's no thread, so here ya go. Begin discussion.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Chistmas....have you listened to it???? There's a reason there was no thread about it.....

......I haven't listened yet so I'm just joshin'. I'm about to though, I just noticed it was waiting in my iTunes. Thanks for starting the thread!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    THANK YOU! I was just getting ready to do this.
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Chistmas....have you listened to it???? There's a reason there was no thread about it.....

......I haven't listened yet so I'm just joshin'. I'm about to though, I just noticed it was waiting in my iTunes. Thanks for starting the thread!
    LOL. Yeah I just finished it when I came here and saw there was no thread. I'm just happy I got mentioned three weeks in a row. I feel like I've got a streak going
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    LOL. Yeah I just finished it when I came here and saw there was no thread. I'm just happy I got mentioned three weeks in a row. I feel like I've got a streak going
    I'm totally not going to mention you on purpose after 23-3 and any good post you make in the discussion thread? I'mma have to delete it so britt don't talk about you neither!

*picks up stick and ball and goes home*
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:

I'm totally not going to mention you on purpose after 23-3 and any good post you make in the discussion thread? I'mma have to delete it so britt don't talk about you neither!

*In my best "whining kid" voice*
    Britt! Nik's being mean!

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat

Bwahahahahahahaha! You'll have to one up Nik and just appear on the podcast with him. See if he can silence you then! :-p
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I stand by my theory that shooting the sheets back up to Angel and Burt would not work. If you leave it flowing behind the arrow, the sheet will interfere with the fletchings and cause the arrow to not fly straight, not to mention the sheet would act more like a flap since it would be tied to one side and send the arrow off course.

If you wrap/tie the sheet around the arrow so nothing is trailing behind it and all the sheet is secured to the arrow itself, how do you fire it? The shaft of the arrow would need to be up against the bow to be accurately fired. If you hold it out and away from the bow, I'd call it akin to trying to hit a target with a handgun one handed with your eyes closed using your off hand....you aren't supposed to shoot it that way. I've fired a bow and arrow with the arrow not resting against the bow. It flies off to the side and has little velocity behind it because you aren't taking advantage of the string's released energy. The energy is being forced forward, but the arrow only takes some of it and sends it to the side.

I do admit things have been carried by arrows. They have been used in history to carry explosive payloads, fire tipped, etc etc. But those were all designed specifically for those purposes, and paired with an appropriate bow. I just don't think bed sheets would work at all. I agree that Riley's bow would have the distance with an untethered arrow. Easily. But as soon as you tie a bed sheet to it, I don't think it could work.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:

There probably would be some issues with firing the bed sheet up with an arrow. But I had another thought. Tie a fairly heavy rock to the end of the bed sheets and throw it up there. 6 stories isn't really that far to throw a rock. I know I routinely bullsyed a set of keys through a 4th story window while falling down drunk in college. An extra two stories wouldn't be that much farther even with a bed sheet "rope" trailing behind.

Like they said on the podcast, there do seem to be multiple "outs" for this situation. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by HardKor; Jul 1st, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: additions

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    100% Agree with both of you...the thing I wonder is, have any of these pro blanket arrow combo people ever used a compound bow?..i can assure you that the arrow would go approx....ten feet..hell, I'll do the experiment this weekend if need be

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast