User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: killerbeardhawk Steam ID: eaaccount420
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog711 View Post
    first question.....did anyone hear what the zombie said on Lizzy's recording?
    Listened in a few times and only heard snarls and growls then a "whoa" like sound at 6:30. (listening off of the mp3 file KC listed in this thread.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Chogidog View Post
    So is Burt starting with the narration in Part 1 a good sign for his survival?
    Maybe a post-mortum?

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Well, I'm back to the artwork. Riley (and most likely Kalani) are still on their way to see the pinstriped zombie somewhere in the hospital. Either they are going back for Burt and Angel, or they will meet ol' pinstripe on their way to the helicopter.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Steam ID: Laurasaur28
    @Chogidog, I didn't think about that. Good point. *Fingers crossed!*

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'm with jobe...thats what I thought

Supplier of pinstriped suits and tattoos to all the best dressed zombies

Status
    Achievements:
    Well, as long as I'm hoping... I'm hoping big. Lets go for a Matrix style helicopter window rescue.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    I swear I heard a zombie say "Now Move!" near the tail end of Lizzy's recording.....i think Angel and Burt will run into the pin-striped man....i genuinely feel like kalani and Riley will leave the hospital without angel and burt.....Saul WILL rescue lizzy

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Good grief, KC. What a well written episode.

"Lurker"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

resigned

Wow, What an episode! really powerful. I feel like the crew is starting to realize the severity of the situation. It feels like Burt is totally burned out on life, considering all he has been through. Angel is very reluctant to stay but understands the situation finally. Sol got a little bit of closure at least and Riley is somewhat sober in this episode. I cannot wait until the next part.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Alright, step right up and place your bets! Who's gonna die?

My thoughts on this: Burt seems the most likely candidate. He's the oldest character on the show. He's a badass, so if he does go out it will most likely be awesome. He's starting to deteriorate physically. And he's got things to atone for. That has all the makings of a heroic sacrifice.

Angel on the other hand is young, and has potential but is still rough around the edges. He's one of the original three main characters. And is voiced by a co-creator of the show. Not the typical profile for a character about to die.

Another thought is that it strikes me that Angel and Burt are a little too certain of their own demise. It makes me think of when I first read Lord of the Rings back in High School. It seemed like half the story was the characters talking about how they were almost certainly about to die and how the odds against them were too great. Then at the last second something comes along to save them. If you let your characters go on and on about how the odds are against them and they're all going to die, and then go on to prove them right by killing them, well that's just depressing. It comes off as less of a story and more of a snuff piece.

So after all that, here's my possibilities:
    A) Burt dies and goes out in a blaze of glory: This makes for a good heroic sacrifice and just feels right.

B) Angel dies and Burt lives: This would really reinforce the "anybody can die" aspect of the show and brings in a bit of reality. Death doesn't always make sense or follow what people would expect.

C) Heroic Rescue: The Tolkien solution as I'm thinking of it. It gives us a triumphant moment where everything turns out alright and our characters make it out with some glorious stores to tell.

D) They both die and everyone is sad. Tragedy, we've been set up for it and if this happens, that set up will bee fulfilled.

The thing is all these possibilities seem...well, possible. Which to me means really good story writing, because we're all left on the edges of our respective seats.
    Great episode! But now I suddenly want to abandon this whole "American Independence" thing so I don't have to wait two weeks for the next one!
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast