User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which should be considered the official We're Alive Canon?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Podcasts

19 76.00%
  • Cd Box Sets

6 24.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    I guess by saying I don't see how there is room for debate, I really mean that my mind is firmly made up. There is always room for debate if you like free speech. Or if you are posting on the internet.

If the podcast version is the official version, then what is the explanation for all the loopholes and inconsistencies? Kc has aknowledged that these are wrong, and has fixed them in the boxset version.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

"Scavenger"

Status
    Sorry new guy here, is there a way we can ask the writters or something? Isn't it really up to them but that aswell can be a problem

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hatchet View Post
    Sorry new guy here, is there a way we can ask the writters or something? Isn't it really up to them but that aswell can be a problem
    Howdy new guy! Yes, you can ask Kc direct questions at this thread called Ask him Yourself! The major reason I ask the forum at large vs. Kc is simply because the traditional canon vs. non-canon battles get waged among the audience of a product. I thought it would interesting to see people's opinions on the matter.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Podcasts. Kc better not go all George Lucas on us.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Podcasts. Kc better not go all George Lucas on us.
    lol yeah.
    podcasts, simply because you'll start to confuse non box set owners.

got into a rather heated debate once with a chump after I had the tag Han shot first as my sig......And Han did, there's nothing wrong with that, he's a rogue smuggler working outside of the law, so when Greedo tries to take him to Jabba for the Bounty.....BAM, no big deal, but then old Georgie feels the need to get all Politically Correct on us & changes the cgi to show Greedo shooting first......... turns out this frakking chump had never even seen the original version, he had no place & no right to go debating something he knew nothing about.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I downloaded the audiobook, which I am just assuming (correct me if I'm wrong) the same as the CD box set. It does not have Lizzie's line, "Zip it Miss Rumour-Mill..." that she says to Riley in Chapter Six. I don't think the different dialogue is bad, it actually explains more about Lizzie's character. But that "Miss Rumour-Mill" part was so entertaining. I guess it could make me smile whether it was canon or not, but I like to believe the official version is that Lizzie said that to Riley

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    I can see the arguments for each side. But, my main question is, what are the differences between the two? Is it just the slight dialogue changes or is it something really important?
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifier View Post
    lol yeah.
    podcasts, simply because you'll start to confuse non box set owners.

got into a rather heated debate once with a chump after I had the tag Han shot first as my sig......And Han did, there's nothing wrong with that, he's a rogue smuggler working outside of the law, so when Greedo tries to take him to Jabba for the Bounty.....BAM, no big deal, but then old Georgie feels the need to get all Politically Correct on us & changes the cgi to show Greedo shooting first......... turns out this frakking chump had never even seen the original version, he had no place & no right to go debating something he knew nothing about.
    That is a PERFECT example! Thank you.
    Nik I'd like to cite Nullifier v. Lucas for this case and submit Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope as Exhibit A
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    I guess by saying I don't see how there is room for debate, I really mean that my mind is firmly made up. There is always room for debate if you like free speech. Or if you are posting on the internet.

If the podcast version is the official version, then what is the explanation for all the loopholes and inconsistencies? Kc has aknowledged that these are wrong, and has fixed them in the boxset version.
    There are very few changes with the dialogue and such with the box set. Nothing big like the changes Lucas made. There are very few lines that got cut or changed. The biggest one, was Lizzy's eye color, and I'll tell you why that is. When we originally recorded the first podcast there was a different actor for Lizzy. She had blue eyes, so I included it in the story. I sometimes take pieces of the real person and put it in the story. When we replaced her, the new girl had green eyes. So I made the mistake of changing it with the new person, and forgot that I had it a different way for the first person.

Should I change the podcast version? Perhaps. Does it change the story? No. The big reason why is I would have to dig through several different versions to try and get back to that version and swap it out. If it was a big plot hole, then I definitely would. We replaced skittles int he podcast version because that was something big.

What's the main difference with the CD and pay-for download versions? That they have been remastered. We polished them in editing with slightly different music and sometimes sound fx. It doesn't change the story like Lucas's versions of Star Wars. A big difference is the levels. We go through and balance it out on more professional speakers that we can get a better and more accurate way of measuring the sound levels. When I edit from week to week, the levels aren't always perfect. You can quote the podcast version or the CD version and there really isn't a difference in the story. Although tempting, we aren't going to go back and add in new scenes or something that the podcast listener wouldn't be able to experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12