User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    Quote Originally Posted by fighter View Post
    pluse he is usualy crying
    typo: plus

and he's not usually crying. he only cries occasionally
    Last edited by shric debar; Jun 18th, 2011 at 02:27 AM.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    But yeah, I'm of the opinion that Datu gets picked on too much. Not just for his wave of emotions but also because of his accent.
    SPOILERS (I guess...)

I really don't find the accent annoying. I know others have mentioned it as being such, but I find it just adds that extra variable in the voices we hear. If they were all stock-standard american we'd probably be sick of it by now. Having the Reily's and Datu's in the group keep it fresh and interesting.

As for his depression, it's a serious condition. And one which I think we will see Hope helping him out of as he assumes a parent-like role with her. I think both will help the other through whatever the end of season 2 has in store for us!
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Quote Originally Posted by shric debar View Post
    no that's gladiator

this is gladiators

American Gladiators theme is better

In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    SPOILERS

Here's the thing people need to remember about Datu, he not only watched Samantha die, but long before the zombies he had to leave his family, including children, to try to find a way to make a living and support them. Now he doesn't know if the zombie outbreak has reached his kids or if they're still safe. Remember we don't know if this is a pandemic or just local to the US. Plus, I don't feel like his grief about Samantha or anything else has hindered him. Unlike Riley, who's become an alcoholic, he still manages to get his work done, he's even out at the Airport working on the chopper and has been willing to help out whenever he can. While he's not my favorite character, I think he's a great boon to the tower.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by beesting View Post
    SPOILERS

Here's the thing people need to remember about Datu, he not only watched Samantha die, but long before the zombies he had to leave his family, including children, to try to find a way to make a living and support them. Now he doesn't know if the zombie outbreak has reached his kids or if they're still safe. Remember we don't know if this is a pandemic or just local to the US. Plus, I don't feel like his grief about Samantha or anything else has hindered him. Unlike Riley, who's become an alcoholic, he still manages to get his work done, he's even out at the Airport working on the chopper and has been willing to help out whenever he can. While he's not my favorite character, I think he's a great boon to the tower.
    the whole watching people die thing is only an excuse for so long, his attitude annoys people. that and his fake accent. And riley gets stuff done, she just may or may not be buzzed when she does it.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    the whole watching people die thing is only an excuse for so long, his attitude annoys people. that and his fake accent. And riley gets stuff done, she just may or may not be buzzed when she does it.
    What has Riley gotten done since Lizzie left? I seem to remember Datu working on the roof for Kalani and Riley saying she was busy. I'm sorry, but it really hasn't been that long since he watched Samantha get eaten, but everyone expects him to get over it right away. Watching someone die can have a profound effect on ones psyche, that coupled with the other losses he's sustained in life I think he's allowed to be a little depressed or even pessimistic. I don't know why people seem to think everyone in the Tower needs to have a peachy keen outlook on life.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beesting View Post
    SPOILERS

My thoughts on the issue exactly. It must be terrible to first be cut off from your family and loved ones, and then to see the one person left who you care about deeply ripped to shreds and eaten. And while Datu is going a bit overboard with his grief, he is still doing his jobs, and doing them well. I am of the opinion that if someone is given a job, and they do that job well, then it doesn't matter if the person bitches and moans (or in datu's case, cries till their eyes fall out) while they do it.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Jesus. The first broad that bats her eyelashes at him and he's fucking heartbroken until the end of days. He wasn't with her long enough to develop feelings beyond 'hey, she's pretty... maybe we can hook up and have a relationship if we make it out alive... but we won't make it out alive... or at least one of us won't... it's in the script.' Enough is enough. The focus of the story seems to have shifted, Datu isn't weeping into his pillow every 8 seconds. Let's all move on.

As far as people's demeanour and how it effects those working around them? He's got to suck it up for the morale of all the survivors. You ever worked with someone who was bitchy or weepy constantly? I have and believe me that shit will wear on your nerves faster than a constant stream of walking dead ever would.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Jesus. The first broad that bats her eyelashes at him and he's fucking heartbroken until the end of days. He wasn't with her long enough to develop feelings beyond 'hey, she's pretty... maybe we can hook up and have a relationship if we make it out alive... but we won't make it out alive... or at least one of us won't... it's in the script.' Enough is enough. The focus of the story seems to have shifted, Datu isn't weeping into his pillow every 8 seconds. Let's all move on.

As far as people's demeanour and how it effects those working around them? He's got to suck it up for the morale of all the survivors. You ever worked with someone who was bitchy or weepy constantly? I have and believe me that shit will wear on your nerves faster than a constant stream of walking dead ever would.
    I fuckin love you right now
    Angel's #1 Fan

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

In stressful situations people do weird things like fall in infatuation (love) out of these stressful situations reality sets in and the golden light of infatuation goes away and you see the object of your infatuation (love) in a real light. Its common in war time for something similar to happen among solders far from home who are lonely, frighted, young, etc

Sometimes a story is just a story and the writer does things in the story to advance and or kill a character to enhance the story. I want to see where Kc is going to take Datu.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast