User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status

Datu Everyone is really mean about Datu!

I feel bad for Datu, everyone goes on about how he's too sensitive and is always blubbering.
    I have really enjoyed Datu's story arc though, I thought the section with him and Samantha in the arena was a highlight of Season 1 and was the most emotionally wrenching thing I've listened to in a while. Hearing him cry as he tried not to watch nearly had me in tears as well... People seem to have more of an issue with him crying again when he met Hope, but I thought it was nice that he was so glad to see her, and I think he will become a sort of father figure for her in future episodes.

(Having said that, it was pretty funny when Angel said "Oh look, Datus crying again" at the end of Chapter 19)

Also, nobody complained about Angel crying when they had to shoot Cindy!

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    I do actually agree with you on this one everyone is being a bit hard on datu after everything he's been through.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    i personally like the guy. he reminds me of myself sometime.
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
    I feel bad for Datu, everyone goes on about how he's too sensitive and is always blubbering.
    I have really enjoyed Datu's story arc though, I thought the section with him and Samantha in the arena was a highlight of Season 1 and was the most emotionally wrenching thing I've listened to in a while. Hearing him cry as he tried not to watch nearly had me in tears as well... People seem to have more of an issue with him crying again when he met Hope, but I thought it was nice that he was so glad to see her, and I think he will become a sort of father figure for her in future episodes.

(Having said that, it was pretty funny when Angel said "Oh look, Datus crying again" at the end of Chapter 19)

Also, nobody complained about Angel crying when they had to shoot Cindy!
    No one is giving Datu shit for crying about samantha during chapter 9 and 10, right after the incident. But ever since then he has been a pain in the ass. Mr negative, I wish we could all die because I hate life. Also he gets bummed out and probably has some level of depression.

All in all, Angel cried once about having to shoot Cindy on the spot. Never again. Samantha died in chapter 9. It is now chapter 23, and Datu is still depressed and cries a lot. Screw you Datu. Go jump of a cliff.
    Angel's #1 Fan

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Screw you Datu. Go jump of a cliff.
    You're mean, haha.
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    No one is giving Datu shit for crying about samantha during chapter 9 and 10, right after the incident. But ever since then he has been a pain in the ass. Mr negative, I wish we could all die because I hate life. Also he gets bummed out and probably has some level of depression.

All in all, Angel cried once about having to shoot Cindy on the spot. Never again. Samantha died in chapter 9. It is now chapter 23, and Datu is still depressed and cries a lot. Screw you Datu. Go jump of a cliff.
    woha mean much? oh wait you're defending angel, there's a surprise.

ok angel never had to witness his girlfriend being ripped to shreds by 100's of zombies did he? datu did. also angel is trained to deal with situations such as having to see someone close to him die and sending people to their deaths. he's an officer, they are trained to cope with those emotions. datu on the other hand is not.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    lol the datu fans are uniting. The problem with datu is he had a traumatic experience, but it was so long ago, that the audience is over it. They don't care about what he saw. Yeah that was an excuse to defend datu up to a certain point. Now he's just whining about a boo boo as far as the majority is concerned. Now is that the most analytic, most responsible way to go? No. But it's a lot more fun for me cause I hate Datu.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Scavenger"

Status
    Samantha died in chapter 9. It is now chapter 23, and Datu is still depressed and cries a lot
    Maybe I don't mind it because I only discovered the podcast in May, perhaps if I'd been listening to him crying since February 2010 I'd be a bit tired of him as well. I still think people are too harsh about him though, god knows what I'd be like if I'd watched someone I loved being torn apart for entertainment, you can't get much more traumatic than that.

I don't see this as an Angel vs Datu thread or anything, I was just pointing out that other characters have cried and people haven't been giving them stick about it! Riley seems to be coping with the whole situation by turning to alcohol, and people aren't bashing her for being depressing.

I think shric debar explained what I was getting at better than I did!

"Gatherer"

Status

Yes i get the fact that he's been whining and crying a lot. but some people find it difficult to get over these things. not everybody can ignore their emotions. ok sure it is a bit annoying but i know people who have lost family members 2 years ago and still cry about it today.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    THERE BE SPOILERS AHEAD-READ ON ONLY IF YOU'VE LISTENED PASSED THE FIRST SEASON

I feel for Datu. Not everyone can be the hard ass, get-the-mission done and worry later kind of hero. But I think his compassion both helps and hinders him. In a situation where someone he cares about is involved, he'll beat some zombie ass with little more than a chair leg. But should the person he care about become lost, well then he dissolves into a pessimistic heap of sadness.

But yeah, I'm of the opinion that Datu gets picked on too much. Not just for his wave of emotions but also because of his accent.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast