User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    I didn't know it was possible to be in love with a weapon. Wow, scratch my revolver idea, I'll roll out with the AA-12.
    Gonna take more than a pocket full of shells to feed that hungry beast. To hell with a tanker full of diesel, get me a truckload of ammo!
    Teeth
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I'd definitely have the AA-12 on semi-auto. I watched a show that featured this weapon and you can get a crazy variety of shells. Without a doubt, the explosive round shell would be the zombie killer's round of choice.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-esAq-pbd4

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    link broke trees.
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Going with the idea that a good offense is a good defense: Gimmie some chain mail! Can't be turned if they can't bite through! If it's good enough for divers with sharks, I can't imagine a zombie can bite through it.

But to go to where the topic intends:
    Gun: I'd like to have a machine gun of some kind: M-16, Tommy Gun....something like that.

Best close quarters weapon for me would be samurai sword. I'll take as much distance as I can.

DIY: Baseball bat.

Worst weapon? Easy: Blow Gun. I feel like blowing a dart at a horde of zombies chasing you is probably the most ineffectual use of your breath at that time. You're better off screaming.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I'd prly go with the AK as well, it's prly one of the most durable rifles out there. The M16 is slightly more accurate, a bit fancier, but it cant compare to the kalishnakov when it comes to reliability

Downside to the chainmail, is it would way you down, a lot!, running with armor on, is it worth it? not to mention sweating like a pig. i heard someone say wetsuit earlier, and thats the worst idea ever, cause if you try running around in a wetsuit, you're gonna die from a stroke because ur body overheated, not to mentioni it'll turn into a sweat bag

silenced pistol would be nice... if you could find one. Silencers are illegal in the US. And hell if it's illegal HERE, then i doubt anyone else would allow it. There are ways you can make a homemade silencer involving a waterbottle. i dont really know how, but i'm sure it's possible

what's DIY stand for?
    for a melee weapon, i'll go with a baseball bat as well, just cause my goal would be to get the zombie off of me, and put some distance between me and it ASAP cause i do not want to be anywhere near a zombie with melee combat. that's suicide, especially in the we're alive universe.

i like the idea of a crossbow too, that sounds nice, like the racist guy's brother in walking dead.

having a crossbow and a rifle would be perfect in w/a cause you can assassinate them wiht the cross bow and when things get heated whip out ur AK, and end it or maybe an smg, just cause carrying around two heavy weapons like that would be a pain (been playing too much cod/halo where everyone can carry two SAWs, and still jump 5 feet and sprint for minutes at a time)

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Diy= do it yourself.

Chain mail would weigh you down, but it sounds like you were thinking I was talking about a full suit of armor. if I'm wrong, I apologize. Besides, what's a bit of discomfort if it saves your life?

I like the bat because the splatter vs a cutting or stabbing implement

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I meant chainmail but it still puts like 10-20 pounds on you on top of ur weapons. There is the benefit of bite protection. Wizh there was something lightwr tho.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I meant chainmail but it still puts like 10-20 pounds on you on top of ur weapons. There is the benefit of bite protection. Wizh there was something lightwr tho.
    Just makin' sure. Chain mail would be best, because the armor before that would have been lightly metal plated metal Placed on leather... I know that's probably not true, but its the closest thing I could think of in terms of military defensive development. I know romans had big metal chest plates, but those were traded for lighter less defensive armor....ok, I'm done trying to remember world history classes that I took over a decade ago...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    check out my tactical list here: http://www.amazon.com/lm/RSDETWZR6U8...dp_lm_all_itms

You guys have a ton of good ideas, some bad, but all are YOUR suggestions so I'll respect them.
    in my Zombieverse, I'm not going to carry any weapon that I'll have a hard time finding ammo for. 9mm is the most common and has enough variations and grains to do what you need them to do.
    In the case of the Behemoths.. yes, a 7.62 or .50 cal would drop it. They're made to pass through stuff and get to the bad guys.
    My ideal weapons set up would go like this:
    1. Hide out. .308 Rifle for M16 for picking them off at a distance. Gives survivors a chance to get to you or gives your scavenger team less to worry about as they head out.
    2. Scavenger. Shotgun with 15 inch barrel. Two bandalier. One of slugs and the other with buckshot. That way you can customize per situation. .40 Glock for any human pests (Maller type) that wanna get squirrly. My trusty crowbar or a Machette.

Here's the real skinny on weapons though. Any hunter, cop or military who's fired a gun will tell you that target shooting is WAY different that shooting a moving target. Theoretically, the only way to stop a zombie with with a head shot. The human head is only about 10 inches high. Add movement (yours or its), fatigue, fear and lack of training to that and you have a nigh impossible target to hit.
    A shotgun with buckshot gives you a better chance to hit the head by just pointing in that direction. The next best thing is a blunt metalic object like.. ahem.. a crow bar or this beast here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-FatMax..._bxgy_hi_img_c

The thing about a long blunt object is that even zombies have to respect physics. Mass + Speed= Kenetic energy.
    Lets just say all you had in your hands was a "Me". hehe. sorry.. a crowbar.. if you hit a zombie in the chest, it's going to fall. That's all you need it to do for you to get away. Bones will break if you hit them in their outstreatch arms. They can't grab you if their arms are busted.
    A hammer is going to be too short, but again, if that's all you have, then it's all you have. it'll take multiple hits to damage the skull
    An axe isn't a good idea because they tend to get stuck. The best thing to use is anything that equals the length of your forarm. It lengthens your reach.. or better yet, increases the distance it takes to get to your bits and pieces.
    Ok.. I got long winded and I have 4 training modules to frigg'n do.. adios!
    Last edited by HaveCrowBarWillTravel; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Best Weapon:

Worst Weapon:
    Chainsaw

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast