User Tag List

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    woah woah woah, that's just not cool man. it's like an insult to the gun to not be shot. i mean, how do you think your eyes would feel if you mounted them on a wall and didn't use them for looking at stuff? it's what they were made for.
    hahaha, I wouldn't feel too bad, but the Peshawar guns aren't the real deal. To me, it'd be like owning a lithograph and not the real thing. Don't worry, I want a REAL Enfield as well, but the Peshawar one is higher goal for me for now. Once I'm retired and most of the kids have gone off to college, I'll probably start collecting, but until then, it's all dreams for me.

Cabbage Patch, thanks for the link. I'll have to check out Red's during the summer when I'm back in town.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Shotgun: Kel-Tec KSG (I really want one of those if they'll ever get enough on the market)

sub-machine gun: FN P90 (so the 5.7X28 round isn't very popular yet, but almost no recoil and fun to shoot)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Let's not forget to pack a bayonet with those assault rifles! An M-4/M-16 or an AK is much more effective as a spear with the bayonet than as a club without one. That could make all the difference when you need to avoid gunfire or the weapon won't fire.
    Forget the bayonet, if you're close enough to stick-em, you're close enough to shoot-em. lol

a great place for a hidey hole is the middle hinge attached to the wall on an interior door. you begin by removeing the door and cutting a hole of the size required to hold your valuables. be careful here to leave the screw holes in tact. it may be neccesarry, depending on how much you need to store, to pick two interior doors in close proximity (ie across from each other, next to each other, etc). make the hole as deep as you need it, but be careful not ot make it too deep so that it's not hard to get your stash out. it may be wise to use a plastic baggy so everything will come out in one smooth motion. next, place your valuables in the hidey hole, then, reinstall the door. it would be wise to use very short screws so that they just barely screw into the door jamb. this is a good idea because in an absolute shtf gtfo NOW scenario, you can just kick the door off it's hinges and the screw in the door jamb will be more likely to rip out.

so there you have it, a simple and helpful tip to ensure that any valubale documents are easily accessible, but secure enough that if by chance a burglar, or you arch enemy, should happen to break in to your home, they will have a sgnificantly lower chance of finding these high value pieces of information.
    Did you see that on Burn Notice?

an enfield is semi auto right? and a long rifle? there shouldn't be a wait period on that. unless texas got goofy since i've been gone.
    Bolt action rifle.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcartman View Post
    Shotgun: Kel-Tec KSG (I really want one of those if they'll ever get enough on the market)

sub-machine gun: FN P90 (so the 5.7X28 round isn't very popular yet, but almost no recoil and fun to shoot)

Forget the bayonet, if you're close enough to stick-em, you're close enough to shoot-em. lol

Did you see that on Burn Notice?

Bolt action rifle.
    yes on the KSG, and a bayonet is a good utility tool, not just a good knife. yes i watch burn notice, but those tricks were out there long before that show. besides, he did it wrong, granted he had no interior doors, but he also used the top hinge, which is bad because that's a weight supporting hinge.
    Last edited by reaper239; Apr 12th, 2012 at 05:29 AM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    yes on the KSG, and a bayonet is a good utility tool, no just a good knife. yes i watch burn notice, but those tricks were out there long before that show. besides, he did it wrong, granted he had no interior doors, but he also used the top hinge, which is bad because that's a weight supporting hinge.
    Dang, I have to get back into Burn Notice. I liked watching it, but when I started working a crazy schedule, the TV shows took a hiatus in my book. Now that I'm back on a more normal routine, I should have time to catch up.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    netflix homie, all but the latest season.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    bump fire. get one.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    HB..
    Buy a Mossin Nagant. Kentucky Gun Co has them going for 80 bucks!! 7.62 bolt action for dat A..!
    Most def safer for you with kids around due to the training involved to simply rack a round. Much easier to secure and harder for a knuckle headed kid to hid in their coat and take to school or sit on the bed trying to peer down the barrel.

So, what's exactly are the safety issues or restrictions you have?
    Are the kids old enough to attend classes or hit the range with you?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    A Mosin Nagant rifle would be a great weapon to have in the zombie apocalypse, inexpensive, reliable, effective out to fairly long range. And with the 18 inch bayonet it becomes a 5½ foot long spear. The ammo could be hard to find, so stock up in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Apr 12th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    plus, even without a bayonet it makes one heck of a club.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Here's one of my father's many .45's before I left it with the gun smith. It's a Charles Daley suffering from a wonky extractor. Actually, I'm not sure what the problem is. The third round stovepipes and he put a brand new extractor in there and it still does the same thing. Also the slide has a bit of play to it after you have cocked it.

There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast