Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Ok troops,
    look at what I just picked up..
    Attachment 1816

Taurus 1911. 125 rounds, holster and 5 mags. $400.00
    I couldn't pass it up!
    DAMN SONN!!!! please tell me that is a .45. i have a high standard 1911 that i love oh so much and will be getting back from the gun smith tomorrow

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    DAMN SONN!!!! please tell me that is a .45. i have a high standard 1911 that i love oh so much and will be getting back from the gun smith tomorrow

.45 ACP baby! Gonna take her on a date this weekend to see how she performs. Can't wait to see how she puts lead on target.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    .45 ACP baby! Gonna take her on a date this weekend to see how she performs. Can't wait to see how she puts lead on target.
    taurus makes some pimpin revolvers but i haven't had the chance to check out their autos. you'll have to let me know how it performs. the 1911 is a classic, i love mine.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    We aren't allowed weapons of any kind. I have my fists.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    there are some politicians stateside (who shall not be named) who are trying to take us the same direction. i have a bumper sticker on my car, "guns save lives, guns stop crime, guns are why america is free" it's very true, but for some reason, some people refuse to see the evidence.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    there are some politicians stateside (who shall not be named) who are trying to take us the same direction. i have a bumper sticker on my car, "guns save lives, guns stop crime, guns are why america is free" it's very true, but for some reason, some people refuse to see the evidence.
    It’s a difficult concept for me to be honest. We don’t have guns without a license, and those licensed weapons must not be carried but kept in locked gun cabinet which is periodically inspected by the Police, mainly shotguns. We are used to not having guns so we are comfortable with that, I do think that if we had been legally allowed them then we should always be legally allowed them, it isn’t the sort of situation that can be reversed.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    well, correct me if i'm wrong, but at one point weren't you allowed to own firearms? i thought the complete ban of handguns didn't take place until hte dunblane shootings in 96. regardless, disarming the people is wrong and only leads to oppression. the main reason the second ammendment is enshrined in the US bill of rights is to effect regime change if the current government becomes too overbearing and oppressive. and random police searches? that's just wrong. if you really want to make a change, i'm sure there are rights advocacy groups in the UK but i can't find any myself. it's not impossible to come back, just really hard.

Status

Firearms have not routinely been carried during my lifetime, by the public or by the Police. The laws were tightened following a number of atrocities relating to licensed firearms, many of which it is now illegal to own. I seem to remember that the firearms that were allowed prior to this were for shooting clubs and suchlike and were not allowed to be taken out of those clubs, not sure though. Either way, we have no guns and have a very low homicide rate where guns are involved, according to wiki:

"In the United Kingdom in 2009 there were 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United States was 3.0, about 40 times higher"

To be honest, it would scare the crap out of me to see certain people in the UK being legally allowed to carry firearms, with our current binge drinking culture Friday and Saturday nights would become very dangerous indeed!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i'd be careful with that wiki. check this out, and this. robert heinlin said, "an armed society is a polite society," and it holds true today. just look at US crime rates for proof: alaska, arizona, and texas, three of the most heavily armed states in the union also have some of the lowest crime rates, while states like new york, new jeresy, and california (in my best ah-nold voice) have some of the worst. do you think that the handgun ban stops criminals from carrying guns? i don't, and here in maryland, i'm not allowed to carry my gun either (currently under contention in woollard v sheridan). i'm treated like a criminal when i have done nothing wrong. that means that criminals can walk around armed (because they don't follow the law which is why they're criminals) and i must remain defenseless. how does that seem right? i'd rather have the power to defend myself against violent criminals, than have all law abiding citizens (because they are the only ones the laws affect) stripped of their rights and thrown to the wolves.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Firearms have not routinely been carried during my lifetime, by the public or by the Police. The laws were tightened following a number of atrocities relating to licensed firearms, many of which it is now illegal to own. I seem to remember that the firearms that were allowed prior to this were for shooting clubs and suchlike and were not allowed to be taken out of those clubs, not sure though. Either way, we have no guns and have a very low homicide rate where guns are involved, according to wiki:

"In the United Kingdom in 2009 there were 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United States was 3.0, about 40 times higher"

To be honest, it would scare the crap out of me to see certain people in the UK being legally allowed to carry firearms, with our current binge drinking culture Friday and Saturday nights would become very dangerous indeed!

Do remember the difference between the UK and the United states is the UK is an island and there is a better chance of controlling the influx of hand guns. The United States at this time does not currently secure their borders.

Unsecured borders mean the criminal element which is most likely 40 x greater then the UK's criminal element are armed to the teeth. Frankly, I'd rather take my chances with a firearm in my home during a break in then pray the Cops get to me and mine before the armed criminal rapes and shoots us.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast