User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    From the nature of your question, I assume you are asking about serving under different leadership styles and background information with no information a priori about destination and not knowing anything about composition of each group.

Michael has more charisma and the protective instincs of a squad leader. But, as soon as the interpersonal skills drift from chain of command he comes up lacking. He is too hot headed and insecure about his position. Michael has very good situational awareness and can react in a crisis. He can evaluate and lead. Without all the information very rarely will the perfect choice be made. But, any action is better than the inaction caused by a trembling spirit. This is not something that is easily taught and to valuable to be ignored. So, two tumbs up for tacticts. But, planning out a strategy and implementing defensive measures is lacking.

Angel has come along way. He is better with people. He often uses this skill to steer Michael back in line when his temper takes him off the rails. This suble leadership with a light hand is good and I am sure it will get better as Angel becomes more comfortable in his role. Michael also has the ability to not necesarily admit, but defer to others with more experience. Do I want him in my foxhole? Probably not. He Hesitates in combat / stress conditions. In one way, this can never be overcome. He will always freeze until his rational side takes back over and tells him that he has to do something. Nothing to be ashamed of. Albeit almost an axium that People Rise to the Occasion, it is actually more like people will fall down to the level of their training.

My assumption is we have been there several months. I assume I would be treated by Michael as he treats Burt. Unless I have burned through that and gotten significantly past it I would not be able to go with Michael. If you got two big dogs and only one alpha position you can be rest assured that they are going to fight, hard, someday.
    So, what's your answer?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    Michael is an excellent leader. It’s like Saul said somewhere in first season, he puts others first before himself. I think it’s hard on him, but somehow he pulls it off. He almost broke when Tommy died, but still saved eventually everyone. I think it also comes from his prior experience in the field, he mentions the incident when he was the guilty one. Psychologically it’s good that he feels guilt, it means that he recognises his mistakes and ready to correct them. He doesn’t hide from them and not trying to escape the self torture.

However despite his natural abilities I believe it’s not only he but a good team behind him. Angel including. The first quarter of first season shaped the team around him. And to be honest it’s no longer a team – its family. Otherwise they wouldn’t save Datu or went after Liz. However I cannot imagine he would succeed without the support, pair him with Steven or Victor or anyone else, I think it will collapse. Steven going to bitch and Viktor rebel or even worse plot against Michael.

As for Angel, at the start he seemed incapable to lead. However Michael mentioned, I think, that he never been out there in combat. So Angel was not yet tested. We know he is higher in rank than Michael, so let’s assume that the ones who put him there during normal life knew what they were doing. I don’t think in military they would’ve misjudged the character of a person. After all military is another survival challenge. I think Angel was tested more than once during all seasons, and at the moment he is my favourite character. He slowly grows on me. He is a bit rude a times and cocky, but he doesn’t give up. I think eventually he will be brought to a point as a character where he will lead. It will be another test. But I don’t think he will be able to lead if Michael going to be around. Because he still feels as if Michael judges his decisions, he needs his own group.
    Who's team are you on though?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    LOL Crowbar, my man. You are opening up a can of worms. hahaha This is a great hypothetical situation! I honestly have to think about this one. Although I am an Angel fan, I'm not anti-Michael. Both Survivor and Arthur have illustrated the pros and cons to the characters above. But honestly, I think the reason for the split up and who else is on the teams would factor most on my decision. But if I HAD to choose, based on just leadership, I'd probably go Mikey, based on everything he's accomplished so far in his current leadership. But, the fact is: If Michael & Angel split up, both teams will be weaker because they have become each other's ying & yang. Michael is a great leader, but where his leadership skills lack, Angel fills in the gaps (and vice versa) Don't forget these are people being led, not soldiers, and Michael is realizing that now. So, I'm proud of him for that. And I'm proud of Angel for not being such a douche-nozzle anymore. I think most people could definitely agree though, if Michael died, they'd default to Angel quickly. At least there's decent leaders available - not like that dingleberry Marcus.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Ok, Ok, If I was a typical Red Shirt I would go with Michael. I think chances might be a little better with him and the people I believe would side with him.

But, in my own arrogance of being me. I have to go with Angel. I think my skills best compliment Angel's.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Ok, Ok, If I was a typical Red Shirt I would go with Michael. I think chances might be a little better with him and the people I believe would side with him.

But, in my own arrogance of being me. I have to go with Angel. I think my skills best compliment Angel's.
    LOL.. UGH! way to not really answer the question by answering the question. I'm putting you down as going with Angel since I asked who would YOU go with.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points

If you join Ange;'s team, EVERYONE is a red shirt... Sorry but his choices are guesses and sure he now stands and fights... BUT only with a select few. Michael will stand with anyone

Sorry but Michael is my Caesar!

I feel Angel will lead you into this mess...

“Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Daddy View Post
    LOL Crowbar, my man. You are opening up a can of worms. hahaha .
    ROFL. Why yes, yes I am Sir ROCK!
    Ok man. Who's on the team? really? By the time you sit around waiting, you take the cance of ending up on the weakest team anyway. It isn't picking teams for dodge ball. hahah.
    It's about our survival. So which dude is gonna be the best choice to save your ass?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Survivor,

Dude, that some scary looking ish right there.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    fresh from WALKING DEAD season 2!
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Scavenger"

Status
    This is a difficult decision. I think as of right now Michael is the better leader. However, I do believe that Angel has a higher ceiling in his leadership abilities. Michael just has more experience, so if I had to pick right now it would be....JIM GLEASON!! but seriously it would be Michael. As Angel grows and matures I think he is going to be an excellent leader.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast