User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Tower Split; Angel vs Michael

If the tower split up and went their separate ways with Angel leading a team and Michael leading another.

WHO would you go with....and why?

Please don't overthink this. It's simple. No wait! You can analyze all day, just answer the question when your done. LOL
    Last edited by HaveCrowBarWillTravel; Jun 9th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status

For Sure Michael... Angel, while he is an officer good guy and whatnot, doesn't have the experince to lead like Mike does.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    From the nature of your question, I assume you are asking about serving under different leadership styles and background information with no information a priori about destination and not knowing anything about composition of each group.

Michael has more charisma and the protective instincs of a squad leader. But, as soon as the interpersonal skills drift from chain of command he comes up lacking. He is too hot headed and insecure about his position. Michael has very good situational awareness and can react in a crisis. He can evaluate and lead. Without all the information very rarely will the perfect choice be made. But, any action is better than the inaction caused by a trembling spirit. This is not something that is easily taught and to valuable to be ignored. So, two tumbs up for tacticts. But, planning out a strategy and implementing defensive measures is lacking.

Angel has come along way. He is better with people. He often uses this skill to steer Michael back in line when his temper takes him off the rails. This suble leadership with a light hand is good and I am sure it will get better as Angel becomes more comfortable in his role. Michael also has the ability to not necesarily admit, but defer to others with more experience. Do I want him in my foxhole? Probably not. He Hesitates in combat / stress conditions. In one way, this can never be overcome. He will always freeze until his rational side takes back over and tells him that he has to do something. Nothing to be ashamed of. Albeit almost an axium that People Rise to the Occasion, it is actually more like people will fall down to the level of their training.

My assumption is we have been there several months. I assume I would be treated by Michael as he treats Burt. Unless I have burned through that and gotten significantly past it I would not be able to go with Michael. If you got two big dogs and only one alpha position you can be rest assured that they are going to fight, hard, someday.

"Scavenger"

Status
    with Michael he has shown how to be a good leader and Angel is known to hide at the sign of trouble

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    michael because he's more likeley to keep me alive. yes angel has become less of a dbag throughout the show but he's still more likeley to get me killed, he's too hesitant

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Angel has a tendency to panic. When things start to go wrong he just starts screaming at people. Michael can panic too but he's more controlled than Angel.
    I gotta go with Michael.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I love Angel but I would have to choose Michael. I would choose him because his actions,behaviors,loyalty and experence have earned my trust.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Lurker"

Status
    Michael is an excellent leader. It’s like Saul said somewhere in first season, he puts others first before himself. I think it’s hard on him, but somehow he pulls it off. He almost broke when Tommy died, but still saved eventually everyone. I think it also comes from his prior experience in the field, he mentions the incident when he was the guilty one. Psychologically it’s good that he feels guilt, it means that he recognises his mistakes and ready to correct them. He doesn’t hide from them and not trying to escape the self torture.

However despite his natural abilities I believe it’s not only he but a good team behind him. Angel including. The first quarter of first season shaped the team around him. And to be honest it’s no longer a team – its family. Otherwise they wouldn’t save Datu or went after Liz. However I cannot imagine he would succeed without the support, pair him with Steven or Victor or anyone else, I think it will collapse. Steven going to bitch and Viktor rebel or even worse plot against Michael.

As for Angel, at the start he seemed incapable to lead. However Michael mentioned, I think, that he never been out there in combat. So Angel was not yet tested. We know he is higher in rank than Michael, so let’s assume that the ones who put him there during normal life knew what they were doing. I don’t think in military they would’ve misjudged the character of a person. After all military is another survival challenge. I think Angel was tested more than once during all seasons, and at the moment he is my favourite character. He slowly grows on me. He is a bit rude a times and cocky, but he doesn’t give up. I think eventually he will be brought to a point as a character where he will lead. It will be another test. But I don’t think he will be able to lead if Michael going to be around. Because he still feels as if Michael judges his decisions, he needs his own group.
    Last edited by Survivor; Jun 6th, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    We know he is higher in rank than Michael, so let’s assume that the ones who put him there during normal life knew what they were doing. I don’t think in military they would’ve misjudged the character of a person. After all military is another survival challenge. I
    He was an Lt, meaning he was just out of officer school, if the Aussie military is anything 2 go by, there is a test so to speak to get into becoming an officer, but it doesn't mean he is suitable to lead the tower.
    But yea he has been tested in the series and has come out being dependable. Something that would be hard for the best of us.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    If forced to choose between them I'd go with Michael. But, I really like how they balance each other out.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast