Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    KC,

How do they "Limit your" perspective? Are we talking the reader's or writer's POV? In any case, how does it narrow one's perspective?
    It makes it so there is no omniscient narrator. The journals are one persons perspective on the details of an event.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Journals can also help indicate wether a character lived through an intense moment or event, like Lizzy at the Arena. However, they can also be an indicator that a character may not be alive especially if you haven't heard a journal entry from them in a while, like Saul.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    journals in my opinion are quite a big part to the story. They reflect on past events and are an outlet for the characters

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Although they are going digital. I am sure Someone is smart enough to print out hard copies. Generally typed pages take up less paper and you only have to take the used portion. Not the whole notebook. But if it was me I would keep the journals as they are. The original data could be critical. Tanya may nit know exactly what Angel wrote and have transcription errors

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Maybe I'm not understanding what I'm hearing, but I don't think there's any transcription happening with Tanya. I'm pretty sure she's just sending the journals through a bed scanner. From what I got from it, Tanya is reading everyone's journals as she's scanning. That's why it took so long to understand Angel's journal. And since it's a digital scan of the source material, the originals are in tact it just so happens to be on a hard drive now.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; May 31st, 2011 at 01:22 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I like the fact that the journals are a place for exposition/info dump. Not only in terms of story telling, but also in terms of passing information between tower occupants.

Tanya has been able to get information that she might not have got for a long time about the zombie types and the experiments. The journals have become this pool of knowledge that the tower occupants can come back to in a similar way that they could use reference books previously.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Good catch Nik. Being a ludite I had not thought of scanners

"Gatherer"

Status
    If I remember correctly the first time we heard Michael read from the journal, he said some of the most memorial lines to me(ironic that I can't remember them right now, 12 hour work days blah). Well he said those same lines down the road in a later chapter almost as if we had met up to where he was first reading.

Maybe it's kind of sometimes in the past and sometimes not.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    If I remember correctly the first time we heard Michael read from the journal, he said some of the most memorial lines to me(ironic that I can't remember them right now, 12 hour work days blah). Well he said those same lines down the road in a later chapter almost as if we had met up to where he was first reading.

Maybe it's kind of sometimes in the past and sometimes not.
    When he was first talking he said that maybe if he wrote it all down it might make sense. This made me assume it was his first journal entry from some unknown time in the future. Not sure if it is from when they first start actually writing in the journals, or even at the end, putting it all back together. I flip between the two ideas.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Fraggot, could you give it some thought which lines those were?
    You made me curious, but I have no clue what they should be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12