User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Zombie clapping/stomping?

In 10-3, as Samantha is being dragged to the arena there is an odd, rhythmic sound that starts at about 5:05 in and gets a little louder. It could just be me, but it sounds like clapping or stomping.

Anyone else agree, or am I just going crazy? And if it is clapping/stomping, then it really adds another level to the "playing with their food" aspect of the Arena.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hmm, interesting. Interesting indeed.

You're not crazy, I hear it too. I still haven't cracked open my cd set....any one with a remastered copy want to take a listen and let us know if it's still there?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Interesting indeed.

You're not crazy, I hear it too. I still haven't cracked open my cd set....any one with a remastered copy want to take a listen and let us know if it's still there?
    I have those and yes, the sound appears there as well.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I've heard it too, you could be right

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    This fits with the sort of tribal/village feeling I got from the setup in the arena; fires, eyes watching, groups going to get food together. Holding captives and bringing them out for some ritualistic type event doesn't seem at all far fetched.
    I also noticed the different sounds they were making to each other in the different situations. When they didn't know Angel and Pegs were in the pile, the almost sounded like they were communicating. Also, when they came into the room with Datu and they seemed to be 'talking' as they examined Kalani.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I was just listening to this yesterday. At first I thought they were gunshot pops... Then I realized that Angel and Riley weren't there yet, and it was just the zombies gathering. It's obviously some kind of calling noise to begin the ritual...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I will have to listen again to both the original version and the CD set to see if that is true... I will get back you to you on this later today...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Ritualistic killings but more likely an offering! Tons of primative cultures celebrate a kill especially if the head honco is the one doing it or if it FOR him/her.
    An offering would explain the need to kill in the center of the ring so everyone can bear witness.
    Does anyone think the room they were held in was a random choice? I don't. The terror of seeing someone die..no, KILLED is like nothing a person should witness. Add to the fact that you know it's only a matter of time before it's your turn.
    The pleasure that must give Ink/Suit......

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Does anyone think the room they were held in was a random choice? I don't. The terror of seeing someone die..no, KILLED is like nothing a person should witness. Add to the fact that you know it's only a matter of time before it's your turn.
    Most likely not random, though the choices in a hockey arena would be pretty limited. They would have to be held in the skyboxes (like they were), or down in the locker rooms, training rooms, random offices held in the bowels of the building. Yes, they were probably chosen for the additional pleasure of making people watch, but if you put hostages in those other places odds are they'll be able to find something to aid them. The skyboxes apparently only had furniture bolted to the floor....

....awfully smart, aren't they?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Ritualistic killings but more likely an offering! Tons of primative cultures celebrate a kill especially if the head honco is the one doing it or if it FOR him/her.
    An offering would explain the need to kill in the center of the ring so everyone can bear witness.
    You have a good point Crowbar. I want to know more about what's going on there. And what you said that's really scary... "Ink/Colored One" DOES get pleasure out of it. He has emotions... CREEEEEPY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast