User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    who here likes back breaking, painful, dangerous work that will result in your potential death in a gruesome manner at the hands of a zombie...raise your hand!

That's why you keep slaves

IFL!!!!!!!111one11oneone11tylc
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Who here likes back breaking, painful, dangerous work that will result in your potential death in a gruesome manner at the hands of a zombie...raise your hand!

That's why you keep slaves
    I couldn't agree more. When the transcanada railroad was built Chinese people were paying with their lives while the owners were squabbling over cigars. Humans would like to think that they are above all the "lower" instincts but this isn't the case. There will always be an alpha and there will always be another looking to be an alpha.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Many Great Civilizations in history had slaves or built their Great Society on the backs of slave labor. Greek, Roman, Egyptian, British, French, Hungarian, Prussian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Norse, Americans and more held slaves. You can argue the enlightenment of some or all of these societies as you want, but it's the human animal that asserts dominance over the weak and forces them to do their bidding through force, manipulation, coercion, intimidation, and other tactics.

It's a pretty universal thing in the animal kingdom every social species defers to the Alpha of the pack, but since we are more advanced than animals, we assert dominance in more brutal and creative ways (other than simply running off competing males). I think it's very shortsighted to think of the Mallers simply as "subhuman" and does a disservice to the story by thinking of them simply in one dimension.
    how did i miss this? the abolishment of slavery is a rather new thing, and in fact slavery still exists in certain parts of the world. i agree with nik, the mallers are deeper than just scum. i don't like them and would like to see them attack ft irwin, but they are definitely more than just the subhuman scum of the earth that they seem to be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345