"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bequita View Post
    Lizzy is the zombie queen.
    Yes, it all makes sense now! How could I have been so blind
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bequita View Post
    Lizzy is the zombie queen.
    They probably want her as their queen! Every time she goes out it seems like intelligent zombies are after her!

Examples:
    Lady and the Tink: the first time we see them make a trap
    Mark of the Beast: Second trap

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmBabs View Post
    They probably want her as their queen! Every time she goes out it seems like intelligent zombies are after her!

Examples:
    Lady and the Tink: the first time we see them make a trap
    Mark of the Beast: Second trap
    You know, this is not a such a crazy thought. Seriously, maybe the zombies are looking for intelligent women... Lizzy was also on guard duty when Ink gained access to the tower. Maybe he's been looking for HER the whole time...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I've been holding off judgement of this concept for a while, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in now.

It falls one of two ways in my opinion: we discover the existence of a queen zombie and it cuts the balls off the character of The One With The Markings (towtm). if there is a queen, it almost certainly lessens the impact towtm has because it means he is less of a threat. Think of the borg in star trek. Its the prefect example. When they first appeared on the scene, they were totally unstoppable. But once we learn of the queen, the borg became less less scary and intimidating, but the queen became the biggest baddy of 2 different series.

OR

Towtm's character grows in depth and complexity and becomes like the killer in a slasher flick. No matter what you try to fight him with, he just keeps coming. He already has a hold on me every time he appears. When I heard about the trap being described I started to giggle because I knew he was coming.

So that's how I see it breaking down in either scenario. As of right now, I don't see a queen coming to light. There's nothing (aside from a couple of unidentified howls) to hint at the existence of another leader other than Towtm
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 29th, 2011 at 02:23 PM.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Actually, come to think of it, there might be a sort of queen that injects the regular zombies with hormones or steroids or some such (bear with me, I was terrible at biology and chemistry) causing these mutations (Behemoths, Fast Ones, Jumpers etc.)
    Very interesting idea.

But if there was a queen I think she would have been at the arena. Unless she is locked away in a lab somewhere and Ink is just taking advantage of the situation.

I see the zombies as more military than hive--built around a command structure rather than a queen. They do have roles and leaders and never leave a man behind. If this is an experiment gone wrong makes since the scientists would have been trying to weaponize.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I've been holding off judgement of this concept for a while, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in now.

It falls one of two ways in my opinion: we discover the existence of a queen zombie and it cuts the balls off the character of The One With The Markings (towtm). if there is a queen, it almost certainly lessens the impact towtm has because it means he is less of a threat. Think of the borg in star trek. Its the prefect example. When they first appeared on the scene, they were totally unstoppable. But once we learn of the queen, the borg became less less scary and intimidating, but the queen became the biggest baddy of 2 different series.

OR

Towtm's character grows in depth and complexity and becomes like the killer in a slasher flick. No matter what you try to fight him with, he just keeps coming. He already has a hold on me every time he appears. When I heard about the trap being described I started to giggle because I knew he was coming.

So that's how I see it breaking down in either scenario. As of right now, I don't see a queen coming to light. There's nothing (aside from a couple of unidentified howls) to hint at the existence of another leader other than Towtm
    I know where you're coming from on the first point, but I have more than enough faith in KC and crew that they wouldn't kneecap everyone's favorite baddie. Think of something like Star Wars. The existence of the Emperor didn't really diminish the value of Darth Vader. The Emperor (The potential zombie queen) looks at the big picture and longer term goals while Vader (TOWTM) addresses specific missions.

Like you, I'm hesitant to believe in a zombie queen, but I don't see it relegating TOWTM to the dustbin. Rather, I'd be more inclined to view such an addition as a way of showing us more of the big picture.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shananala8 View Post
    I know where you're coming from on the first point, but I have more than enough faith in KC and crew that they wouldn't kneecap everyone's favorite baddie. Think of something like Star Wars. The existence of the Emperor didn't really diminish the value of Darth Vader. The Emperor (The potential zombie queen) looks at the big picture and longer term goals while Vader (TOWTM) addresses specific missions.

Like you, I'm hesitant to believe in a zombie queen, but I don't see it relegating TOWTM to the dustbin. Rather, I'd be more inclined to view such an addition as a way of showing us more of the big picture.
    I thought about Star Wars for my example, but I never found the Emperor to be as intimidating as Darth Vader. I realize that might be heresy, but I just never put Vader and the Emperor on the same level. That's why I went with the Borg and Star Trek. But I totally see why the Star Wars analogy works.

I too have faith in Kc and crew to make anything they introduce work within the story. I just don't know that there's a bigger picture beyond the discovery of the origins of the outbreak. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. That's why I try to not predict too far in the future with my blog. Waaaaaaaay too many possibilities. And this conversation, while a really cool look into what could be, is hard to put any solid predictions to it because there's really no evidence to support it right now.

But as soon as TOWTM is attacking someone and he gets called off, well...then there's some crow for me to munch on.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    we discover the existence of a queen zombie and it cuts the balls off the character of The One With The Markings (towtm). if there is a queen, it almost certainly lessens the impact towtm has because it means he is less of a threat. Think of the borg in star trek. Its the prefect example. When they first appeared on the scene, they were totally unstoppable. But once we learn of the queen, the borg became less less scary and intimidating, but the queen became the biggest baddy of 2 different series.
    That really depends on what the queen is like. An opposing example could be found from Warhammer 40.000 and the Tyranids. The Tyranids have Norn-Queens who are responsible for the reproduction and creation of the 'nids, but the visible face and greatest threat comes from the Hive Tyrants, the battlefield leaders the Tyranids create. If the queen zombie would be a queen in name only, for example in the way I explained earlier, and The One with the Markings was the Big Bad in charge of the overall operation, I think that'd still keep his balls of steel right where they are.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status
    Zombie Queen does a good job of poking fun at the paranormal romance genre. The ribbing was cute and upbeat without being cruel or derisive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast