User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Also, in an apartment building, they are (generally) designed to be structurally sound even if there are structural problems on a given section. However, there can be other things that can happen if they had sealed off the lower floors like the other tower had. If that had occurred, there would have been much more damage that happened due to the explosions.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Lurker"

Status
    The way I see it in my head, the tower becomes safer with all the debri blocking the pathways into the tower. After re-listening to chapter 12, it appears as if the mallers brought in the fire truck for a number of reasons: 1) different attack strategy 2) pathways are blocked and so on..."Why make it better, when we can make it worse"

Then again I could be wrong. However, I do agree that the pipe bombs appear to have done superficial damage, rather than structural damage.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    First off....... A pipe bomb most likely did little to no structural damage. Why? A pipe bomb is designed to emitt a multitude of hard particles across an area rather than displace matter in a localized zone (blast a hole in the ground). The fire would have caused the most damage but as we recently found out Burt and Co have sealed up the exposed floors and placed traps in the vunerable areas. So I would imagine the tower is very stable and still a great place to hold up shop!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog711 View Post
    First off....... A pipe bomb most likely did little to no structural damage. Why? A pipe bomb is designed to emitt a multitude of hard particles across an area rather than displace matter in a localized zone (blast a hole in the ground). The fire would have caused the most damage but as we recently found out Burt and Co have sealed up the exposed floors and placed traps in the vunerable areas. So I would imagine the tower is very stable and still a great place to hold up shop!
    Depending on the pipe bomb. Yes, most damage can be done by projectiles, but if the Mallers made their mix right, the concussive blast from a pipe bomb can be just as deadly (and potentially) harmful to the Tower's integrity. That being said, I still don't think enough damage was done to the Tower to say it's structurally unsound.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    If the tower has been blown up by pipe bombs and set fire to shouldnt this thing be just crumbling?
    Like the Battlestar Galactica, it won't fail until it's time for that plot point. :P

Actually, I thought about this, more about the fire though since I think fire might be able to damage the structural integrity of steel girders.

I've also been wondering about earthquakes, as in what if one happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12