User Tag List

Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Hiya peoples. I'm a newb. I'm almost done with Chapter 25. So, I'm almost caught up. Discovered We're Alive about a week ago. Been hooked since. I listen every chance I get. But, I may slow down now that I'm so close to being caught up. Love the show. Can't get enough.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hello Everyone, I am a huge fan of the show and starting listening about 4 weeks ago. I got part of the way into the first season and bought it off itunes just to listen while in the car. When I first started I was listening late at night and would wake up to hearing zombie noises. WA has made me re-evaluate my zombie plan.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Hey all I will finally introduce myself. My name is obviously Tyler d. And no i didnt just take that from fight club to be cool I'm actually Tyler d, but in one aspect i am similar to the quote that (spoiler alert lol) Tyler Says well himself "Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!" in the fact that I basically have a normal job and life I work for Budweiser in a sign shop a and am very plain and average, and on the flip side I play in a fantasy power metal band called heralds of the sword where we have an entire story line and I dress as my story character (alter ego) on stage. Research us if you would like if your into fantasy you may just be nerdy enough to dig us. Anyways I had a co-worker bug and bug me untill I listened to we're alive a few months ago. I was hooked instantly I've listened fully throught 3 times up to chapter 27 starting then I have filtered back through numberious episodes finding info and catching every detail I could. I've become consumed more so then my co-worker that he now hates discussing were alive with me ha. I started to bug him after I found out for sure tanya was sauls mom in WA, I remember shouting "yes I knew it" because that was my theory when we meet her in the story. I've been lurking the forums and posted a few the first day I signed up before I knew how all the discussion sections layed out. I'll try too hop on and add my 2 cents more now. Also digging the WND podcasts!

"Scavenger"

Status

I just started in the last month too! Welcome. Enjoy!

"Scavenger"

Status

What out for what the WA vets call "the wall" when you binge so hard on the podcast you hit the point you have to wait like the others and it's apparently harsh. LOL See ya around!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshanik View Post
    What out for what the WA vets call "the wall" when you binge so hard on the podcast you hit the point you have to wait like the others and it's apparently harsh. LOL See ya around!
    Haha hit that wall the first week I downloaded all the episodes I listened to the whole podcast through a 5 day span then had to wait like everyone to know what was next. That's why I benge listen to chapters and the wnd podcast still because I don't know what to do with myself some days everything else seems so boring espically at work by myself i cant get enough. Thanks though!

"Lurker"

Status
    I've hit the wall. Now I'm going through and listening to all the We're not Dead podcasts. It helps.

Also digging through this site helps. Love the timeline. It helps me keep some of the character events straight (since I burned through 79 episodes in less than a week).

Can't wait for MONDAY!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

Hummer Hello Zombie World...

Hey everybody, Red Shirt here. I suppose one could say that I have been on a bit of a zombie "kick" lately... After watching Zombieland and The Geek Group's Chris Boden EDC review again, I started "building" my Zombie Apocalypse Bug out Bag and ordered the Zombie Survival Guide (and WWZ) on the 25th of March and it arrived on the 30th. By Wednesday, the 4th of April, I started thinking that I aught to try to find some audio podcast to listen to to/from and at work.

Web searched "Zombie Podcast" and turned up "We're Alive," and some other nonsense. DL'd a sample and listened to them on Thursday... Got hooked and caught up by Saturday afternoon when I hit that "wall" everyone is talking about. In 2 1/2 days. Cue creepy music.

I gotta say, I am thoroughly impressed. I was a little apprehensive in the beginning though. With the story starting at the Reserve Center and being a Reservist and Active Duty vet, I was understandably concerned. They nailed it. As the story unfolded, I imagined it playing out in my motor pool, my arms room. The only quibble I have is where were the Unit's AGR full-timers? I figure that they must have gotten eaten.

I have many thoughts on the show Zombie preparedness and on the Zombie Uprising in general, so you're sure to hear from me in other forum areas.

As I mentioned, I'm a 20 year vet, still serving in the Army Reserves. I'm a bit of a fan of FPS shooters, notably the Half Life 2 series. I noticed that some SFX from that game got used in the podcast. You could also say that I'm a bit of a fan of preparedness and situational awareness. I like to know what is going on around me. If I hear an Air Raid/Tornado siren, I always check the time, to make sure it is only a test. If I hear the EBS, I turn it up and listen very closely. I also have my local NOAA radar and the RSOE EDIS bookmarked. I'm lacking a few things I would prefer to have, but I will have them soon enough.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status

Welcome Red Shirt. I've always been a zombie fan, so I was pleased with the recent resurgence of the zombie love coming back around. I'm a bit older than you, so I've seen this a few times now. :-) After The Walking Dead season 2 finale I was lost without a zombie fix, until a friend (@NateEeez), peer pressured me into this podcast and I've been hooked ever since. You finished in less than a week? Holy crap! I was warned about "the wall" so I am taking it slow. About 1 chapter every day or so mostly M-F while commuting. Occassionally on the weekend. I'm rationing it out, so to speak as I know season 2 ends in May or June. I'm only on chapter 15 right now, so I have a ways to go thankfully. Enjoying every minute.

So welcome to the Tower! Join in when you can.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, Red Shirt.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast