User Tag List

Thread: Timeline

"Lurker"

Status

Timeline

So I was listening to the first We're Alive and Michael started narrating the stories by saying the outbreak started "8 years ago." Given that info, where exactly are we in the 8 year timeline from when the out break starts and when Michael relays all this info?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forty7nations View Post
    So I was listening to the first We're Alive and Michael started narrating the stories by saying the outbreak started "8 years ago." Given that info, where exactly are we in the 8 year timeline from when the out break starts and when Michael relays all this info?
    Can you give a chapter and time stamp? I think I know what you're talking about but I want to make sure I'm not leading you astray.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Just re-listened to that part (Very beginning of 1-1 about the 1:40 mark). Michael says he started his freshman year of college in 2001, "almost 8 years ago now." So he seems to be writing the opening narration in 2009 which is where the show still is timeline-wise.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    Just re-listened to that part (Very beginning of 1-1 about the 1:40 mark). Michael says he started his freshman year of college in 2001, "almost 8 years ago now." So he seems to be writing the opening narration in 2009 which is where the show still is timeline-wise.
    You are correct. He is stating that his college career has taken him 8 years and he is still not complete.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    You are correct. He is stating that his college career has taken him 8 years and he is still not complete.
    And to clarify further, his college career has taken that long. It has not been that long since the outbreak. The outbreak occurred on May 8, 2009 (which he states a few seconds after the "8 years ago" comment). We know that we're in mid-to-late August 2009 in Chapter 20.
    Last edited by VeritableHero; Apr 7th, 2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Added details.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    And to clarify further, his college career has taken that long. It has not been that long since the outbreak. The outbreak occurred on May 8, 2009 (which he states a few seconds after the "8 years ago" comment). We know that we're in mid-to-late August 2009 in Chapter 20.
    Yeah, that wasn't entirely clear... we tried to make it clearer in the remaster, but yes it started in 2009.

"Lurker"

Status
    thanks for re-clarifying. I guess I just mis-heard.