User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Michael CROSS and other significances of name

So, the Lenten season has put it on my mind, but I'm worried that Michael is going to have to die. Not soon, by any means, but I'm just trying to prepare myself. The oldest (and best) story ever told, of course: the man of sorrows dying to save the people he loves, but the more I grow to love Michael, the more I have to, like I said, prepare myself for the worst. This might be too soon to discuss, but what do y'all think?

Any other ideas on names? Saul? Angel? Are they just picked out of nowhere or do they mean something more?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    The awesome thing that Kc did was he made every character seem vulnerable to death and none of the main cast is super disposable. They all have something going on. Kalani was disposable until we heard he was a pilot, for exemple.

Though, Michael dying does echo my thought of Lost. We're Alive is really focused on these people rather than the zombies. I don't know if I'm ready for such a major death so soon though... =P

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well I assumed Micheal was dead from the very beginning cause why else would these journals be read? Most of the time it's all read from Michaels perspective and sometimes other characters.

I'm assuming that he's been dead for a long time and someone is reading these journals to find out what happened. MAYBE MICHAEL SWAN IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I wonder about the name thing with Angel. I mean, is it just 'cause he's blond and preppy? Or is it ironic, because perhaps he is the traitor and he is not an honest person, like a fallen angel? Or is something going to happen that makes him a martyr with him ultimately saving Michael? Everyone is attached to Michael and the idea of him being killed off would be a possible tragedy. But Angel is slowly growing into a stronger and more likable character. Makes me wonder...

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Stronger more likable character WHO CAN TAKE OVER! After Michael's death. As for the name I just think it's the blonde and preppy part but who knows...

As for why Angel can't be the traitor; front page there's an article called Towergate: Traitor to Tower

"Lurker"

Status
    Ooh, good thoughts, RD. I hadn't thought of Angel being a fallen angel, but I like it!

Hmm, interesting thought fraggot. I went back & listened to 1:1, cause when I first listened to it I thought it was Michael re-reading his journals after this whole mess is over. But, then I thought that it was just his exact words when he started keeping the journal when they got to the tower. But, I didn't think about the idea that someone else is reading these journals. I just thought it was a radio-storytelling technique (since we can't see anything). But, yeah, after everybody's dead would be interesting kind of like Cloverfield.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Mar 29th, 2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Clean up!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    I think that Michael was begining to writein the journals like around prior to the Arena arc and that storywise, we already caught up to that point where he was writing. I see it as one of those flashback moments where the movie begins at a point after the story first begins and it takes the time to go back to explain things. Where as i don't think Michael is dead and maybe the time frame point where it is present time to where Michael is writing at chapter 1-1, I do think we did reach that point already and we were just not informed of it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    MAYBE MICHAEL SWAN IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT!
    Thank you, Fraggot, for my first good laugh of the day!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Could be random, but I suspect it's a minor easter egg. Did anyone else notice that Carley Simon died in chapter 15? lol. Apparently Kc is not a fan.

There are disposable characters, they just don't have voiced lines.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    Could be random, but I suspect it's a minor easter egg. Did anyone else notice that Carley Simon died in chapter 15? lol. Apparently Kc is not a fan.
    You're so vain wooly....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast