User Tag List

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by General Malarky View Post
    Thanks Kc!!!

Bob is a character in a completely random and unrelated movie I thought about.

It costs $20 if you get the remastered version of WA on iTunes.

Sorry I asked twice about the MMP thing, I completely forgot I already asked!
    Yes, the remastered versions cost about that per season, and are available on Amazon on disc as well. And yes you have to pay money for the remastered version... that's just how it is, this is a business after all
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I saw We're Alive as an audiobook in the iTunes Store, that's the same thing as the podcast right?
    It just doesn't have the good stuff like the commercials and intros? And Michael Swan? And it's all in one big heap instead of individual episodes? And it's not a Wayland Production, it's only a Modern Myth Production? And what about Bob, he never leaves? AND I have to pay money for it?!?!?!?!
    That wasn't the best idea.
    I have to say that the remastered version is well worth it. Yes, the content is the same but the quality is amazing.
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Hey Kc!

It's been awhile since WA concluded.... did you ever get a chance to check out the AMC show "The Walking Dead"?
    Really curious what your take would be (of course I'm way biased because I think WA is waaay better)

Lit
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    @Kc, I have two questions:

1. If you made this audio drama into some kind of video entertainment source, how long would it be? Would it be shorter because you can edit out narrations and sensory explanations? Or would it be longer because it needed more scenes for it to be at it's best visual state?

2. If you did actually make some kind of visual version of the series, would it be several long movies, or a tv series? Movies have a much bigger budget, but with how long WA is, you would need to make several sequels, not to mention, where would you find money to fund the movie? Bank loan? Fundraisers? TFWA profits (if applicable)? Aliens? These are all big questions here.

I don't mean to pull a Kalani, but the show is undoubtedly better than probably anything I've sensetorically (my own word there) digested, and I honestly feel that in any format, I would greatly enjoy it, no matter how many repetitions I've went through (7 and counting).

P.S. That was more than two questions, my apologies.

P.P.S. There we go, now this question is on the right thread. (Previously on the TFWA: Lockdown thread)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

@Kc, I have two questions:

1. If you made this audio drama into some kind of video entertainment source, how long would it be? Would it be shorter because you can edit out narrations and sensory explanations? Or would it be longer because it needed more scenes for it to be at it's best visual state?

2. If you did actually make some kind of visual version of the series, would it be several long movies, or a tv series? Movies have a much bigger budget, but with how long WA is, you would need to make several sequels, not to mention, where would you find money to fund the movie? Bank loan? Fundraisers? TFWA profits (if applicable)? Aliens? These are all big questions here.

I don't mean to pull a Kalani, but the show is undoubtedly better than probably anything I've sensetorically (my own word there) digested, and I honestly feel that in any format, I would greatly enjoy it, no matter how many repetitions I've went through (7 and counting).

P.S. That was more than two questions, my apologies.

P.P.S. There we go, now this question is on the right thread. (Previously on the TFWA: Lockdown thread)
    1. That's sort of like asking how long a movie is based on the book, but since it's script format it could potentially be translated in real time. Realistically the story could be much shorter without having to describe the actions and such. I'd say the fill in the blank sort of lines and descriptions can take roughly 10% of the time. So if directly translated, probably 10% shorter. If adapted, which is most often the case, even shorter maybe. You can montage things and really make things faster if you have visuals to establish rather than dialogue.

2. TV series would be best because of the type of story and also the overall amount of content. Movies run such a different format that it'd have to be heavily adapted. They're structured differently, so in order to maintain the arcs a lot of content and probably characters would end up cut from the series. How to fund something like that? I've looked into it and it'd be at least 1.5 million an episode, and 10 episodes per season. Where to get those funds? There's ways, but distribution platforms determine a lot of where funding comes from. Are we there yet? No, but maybe one day. Just waiting for the right deal to come along.

And no worries, if it was in TFWA section I would have answered it as if it was just Lockdown that you were asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Hey Kc!

It's been awhile since WA concluded.... did you ever get a chance to check out the AMC show "The Walking Dead"?
    Really curious what your take would be (of course I'm way biased because I think WA is waaay better)

Lit
    I did not. Working on Lockdown kind of prevented that. Any TFWA might do that, so still nada. At this point I'm not really that interested in seeing it.
    Likes Storm, Merlin1274 liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    1. That's sort of like asking how long a movie is based on the book, but since it's script format it could potentially be translated in real time. Realistically the story could be much shorter without having to describe the actions and such. I'd say the fill in the blank sort of lines and descriptions can take roughly 10% of the time. So if directly translated, probably 10% shorter. If adapted, which is most often the case, even shorter maybe. You can montage things and really make things faster if you have visuals to establish rather than dialogue.

2. TV series would be best because of the type of story and also the overall amount of content. Movies run such a different format that it'd have to be heavily adapted. They're structured differently, so in order to maintain the arcs a lot of content and probably characters would end up cut from the series. How to fund something like that? I've looked into it and it'd be at least 1.5 million an episode, and 10 episodes per season. Where to get those funds? There's ways, but distribution platforms determine a lot of where funding comes from. Are we there yet? No, but maybe one day. Just waiting for the right deal to come along.

And no worries, if it was in TFWA section I would have answered it as if it was just Lockdown that you were asking about.

Cool, thanks Kc!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Jim and A. Ron from 'Bald Move' Agree- WA way better than WD!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I did not. Working on Lockdown kind of prevented that. Any TFWA might do that, so still nada. At this point I'm not really that interested in seeing it.
    Well, I only watch the show to rifftrax it, and to listen to one of my favorite t.v. critics, Jim and A. Ron from the Bald Move network.

You may be interested to know that We're Alive was mentioned by Jim in the latest episode of their "Watching Dead" (Walking Dead podcast). Jim makes the point that the characters in WA do a whole lot more sensible real world prepper things in the Zompocalypse than the WD dumbasses ever could. Here it is; you can skip to the comment at 121:42 in their episode player...

http://baldmove.com/watching-dead-podcast/515-try/
    Likes Gooer, Kc liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Well, I only watch the show to rifftrax it, and to listen to one of my favorite t.v. critics, Jim and A. Ron from the Bald Move network.

You may be interested to know that We're Alive was mentioned by Jim in the latest episode of their "Watching Dead" (Walking Dead podcast). Jim makes the point that the characters in WA do a whole lot more sensible real world prepper things in the Zompocalypse than the WD dumbasses ever could. Here it is; you can skip to the comment at 121:42 in their episode player...

http://baldmove.com/watching-dead-podcast/515-try/
    That's pretty cool! I'm just hoping I don't hear from a bunch of people that the new WD LA version is just a big rip off of us. Here's hoping!
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Hey @Kc, how do I get a sub-forum to post a fanfic? since nikvoodoo "runs" it, and he's not always online anymore, I asked you. I've been "working" on a really good piece, and I'd like to show it off.

Gracias and sorry for asking so many questions.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hey @Kc, how do I get a sub-forum to post a fanfic? since nikvoodoo "runs" it, and he's not always online anymore, I asked you. I've been "working" on a really good piece, and I'd like to show it off.

Gracias and sorry for asking so many questions.
    No prob. I upgraded your account to blogger. Does it work now?

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast