Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    For the sake of the new members here, I'll ask this..in the early stages of the w/a story. How did you go about promotion and hype to create what the following has ultimately become? To me at least, that seems a more daunting task than actually producing content.

And as a creative person in general, when I find myself at the halfway/ two-thirds complete point of any project, I find myself already thinking of the next. Of coarse the current project is finished, but the desire for the "next thing" has already begun...during this "hiatus", do you find yourself at least thinking of the "what's next"?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Query.

Since it's been established that majority of the cast and crew have day-jobs...

1. does the cast members availabilities ever factor into how a chapter is recorded and...
    2. does it ever effect the storyline in terms a of a character having to be switched out with another due to a cast member being unavailable to record? Or are they usually informed ahead of time so they fit it in their schedule?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    For the sake of the new members here, I'll ask this..in the early stages of the w/a story. How did you go about promotion and hype to create what the following has ultimately become? To me at least, that seems a more daunting task than actually producing content.

And as a creative person in general, when I find myself at the halfway/ two-thirds complete point of any project, I find myself already thinking of the next. Of coarse the current project is finished, but the desire for the "next thing" has already begun...during this "hiatus", do you find yourself at least thinking of the "what's next"?
    In the early stages of the w/a story. How did you go about promotion and hype to create what the following has ultimately become?

It was all word of mouth and trying to push out as much as possible. I made connections with other producers of online content, spammed Zombie threads, spammed other threads. E-mails, websites, videos, just about anything I could do to try and get the project out there. It took a LONG time before we started picking up "fans", almost 3/4 of a year. It wasn't till around Chapter 9 or 10 that the numbers started to climb. To promote is more daunting than producing, but it's all part of it.

during this "hiatus", do you find yourself at least thinking of the "what's next"?

I've been mentally preparing since the last chapter was finished with the details of the next season. If you're talking about after WA, I have something in store after that. Might not be an audio drama, might be a book. We'll have to wait and see, but the story is already in development.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kn1ckerb0cker33 View Post
    Query.

Since it's been established that majority of the cast and crew have day-jobs...

1. does the cast members availabilities ever factor into how a chapter is recorded and...
    2. does it ever effect the storyline in terms a of a character having to be switched out with another due to a cast member being unavailable to record? Or are they usually informed ahead of time so they fit it in their schedule?

Yes, and sometimes it's also very convenient. Saul had a long vacation planned around the same time he was sick in the series, so it worked out well. Sometimes a character's role can be changed if they aren't available, but most of the time we just find a way around it and record that person separately.

Not really. Minor adjustments are made here and there and I try to let everyone know who's in the next chapter ahead of time. The cast is super flexible thankfully and in audio we have a lot more power than film. Very few chapters have been recorded where 100% of the characters are there.

"Lurker"

Status
    Have you had any kind of emotional attachment to a character that makes you change how they act/what happens to them in the story? I wrote a short novel where I added in a character to kill off. When it came time to write his death, I didn't as I enjoyed writing his character. He ended up a major part of the plot.
    Do you have a particular character you really enjoy writing for?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Doom Bar View Post
    Have you had any kind of emotional attachment to a character that makes you change how they act/what happens to them in the story? I wrote a short novel where I added in a character to kill off. When it came time to write his death, I didn't as I enjoyed writing his character. He ended up a major part of the plot.
    Do you have a particular character you really enjoy writing for?
    I have a lot of attachment to my characters, and yes it is hard to kill them off, BUT since the story depends on those sorts of things to happen, you do what you have to do.

A particular Characters I like to write? Hard to say. I enjoy writing all of them, but I find Burt the easiest and most fun to write. The movie quoting thing is something I do a lot, so that part is really fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    I know what you mean. I try to squeeze little things into my writing, like a pirate ship called the Daily Sparrow (not a Pirates of the Carribean ref, though)
    But I suppose it's even harder for you as you've probably got to know the actors as well, so there's an added dimension to them in your head.

I just noticed.....in Chapter 23 (part three I think) when they're all in the lift in the hospital, and it stops abruptly Angel says 'what did I touch?' and someone else says something along the lines of 'nothing, we stopped'. Is that a reference to Jurassic Park? (Dr Grant and Malcolm say the same thing when the power cutting out stops the visitors car outside the Rex pen)

I love the movie references, even the Shakespear and Edgar Allen Poe quotes (if that's what they were). I think everyone enjoys Burt for the crafty one liners and film references. Please don't kill him off too quick! I'm going to love listening to his retorts under interrogation from the Mallers. (If he survived, that is )

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I just noticed.....in Chapter 23 (part three I think) when they're all in the lift in the hospital, and it stops abruptly Angel says 'what did I touch?' and someone else says something along the lines of 'nothing, we stopped'. Is that a reference to Jurassic Park? (Dr Grant and Malcolm say the same thing when the power cutting out stops the visitors car outside the Rex pen)
    Bingo

"Lurker"

Status
    Ah, I was right. Not sure if someone else caught onto that elsewhere in these here forums....I'm late to the party (only started listening under a month ago) and I'm never going to catch up on all the posts on everything!!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Ah, I was right. Not sure if someone else caught onto that elsewhere in these here forums....I'm late to the party (only started listening under a month ago) and I'm never going to catch up on all the posts on everything!!
    pfft....lazy.....You say it like there's a couple thousand posts.....

.....oh wait....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast