User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immunity?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    For me it doesn't matter if they're human or infected. If they're trying to kill me or mine, someone is taking a dirt nap!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    If it's an illness, what if there was a cure? Are you obligated to protect the life of zombies if at all possible?
    I wouldn't feel obligated to save the zombies. Would you hold a zombie down while defending it from people that want to kill it and you now that you're trying to save something that is trying to eat you?

No matter what is causing the outbreak, what if someone was immune? Skittles could be immune--or have received a vaccine.
    Interesting... what if Ink was part of an experiment that turned him into a zombie. Now I think skittles was crazy before ZDay hit and maybe Ink was the control in the experiment. Maybe skittles was given a vaccination and then they were both given the infection. You never know...

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    To me it simply comes down to this.

It's either me or him. In the end I wanna be the one leaving victorious.

Wayland Productions

Status

Gamertag: mushroooooooms PSN ID: mush-rooms
    First of all, yes to this:

For me it doesn't matter if they're human or infected. If they're trying to kill me or mine, someone is taking a dirt nap!
    Second of all, I have a weird inclination to believe that someone (or a few people) out of the Tower group are immune. I know it would be extremely coincidental for this to be true, but hey, weirder things have happened. I'm sure there will be some insight to this eventually.

And I know this would be REALLY coincidental, but the first time the thought of immunity crossed my mind was Chapter 19 when they were in the ocean. It struck me as odd that they were literally bathing in what they'd soon find out was crawling with infected/zombies/whatever, and nothing happened. I'm sure they got some water in their mouths or something, and what if they got some infected skin tissue (I know this is gross but bear with me) or something in their systems? I mean, the ocean can't be THAT salty that it counteracts the infection. If it did, then wouldn't the infected crawling/swimming around in it effectively die? I'm no scientist, but the entire situation just seemed very strange and too-good-to-be-true, which lead me to believe that maybe Michael, Pegs, and Kelly were immune, but I really don't want to believe that at all!

Or maybe I'm just looking wayyyyyy too far into this...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Simple, sweet, and to the point.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - Carriers.

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mush_rooms View Post
    And I know this would be REALLY coincidental, but the first time the thought of immunity crossed my mind was Chapter 19 when they were in the ocean. It struck me as odd that they were literally bathing in what they'd soon find out was crawling with infected/zombies/whatever, and nothing happened. I'm sure they got some water in their mouths or something, and what if they got some infected skin tissue (I know this is gross but bear with me) or something in their systems? I mean, the ocean can't be THAT salty that it counteracts the infection. If it did, then wouldn't the infected crawling/swimming around in it effectively die? I'm no scientist, but the entire situation just seemed very strange and too-good-to-be-true, which lead me to believe that maybe Michael, Pegs, and Kelly were immune, but I really don't want to believe that at all!
    Very interesting point! Unless the zombie juice was very diluted.

I think whether or not I'd like to be saved and cured probably depends on if I remember killing and eating people. On the other hand, you know there would be some people who would have enjoyed it.
    Well... there IS that.

Also, I'm not saying I wouldn't kill a zombie! I would just feel a twinge of guilt.... until the years of never ending horror dulled that into nonexistance along with the rest of my humanity, as I become as mindless an automaton as my heartless enemy. Or something.
    Last edited by SleepyGlenn; Mar 17th, 2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: To include nod to Sarah's theory.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    Also, I'm not saying I wouldn't kill a zombie! I would just feel a twinge of guilt.... until the years of never ending horror dulled that into nonexistance along with the rest of my humanity, as I become as mindless an automaton as my heartless enemy. Or something.
    I agree that facing the zombies would put you into primal survival mode. I think I would fee justified--even if I were vilified afterward.

Still, we tend to believe that we can ignore things--put them on a shelf to deal with later--but we don't have shelves and it comes out one way or another. You gotta believe all the survivors will at least have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTZS).

"Builder"

Status
    Nice perspective thought with the ocean being contaminated! Guess the thought didn't cross mind even with the boat situation. Kudos x 2!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mush_rooms View Post

Or maybe I'm just looking wayyyyyy too far into this...
    I think you are. The ocean is a pretty darn big lot of water, remember. Also, there are currents running trough each bay. All those zombie juices are quickly diluted, and spread all over that massive watery mess. Imagine pouring 100 liters of blood into a harbor. It'll spread quickly, and dilute until you won't be able to notice it at all.

Don't forget we DON'T know how much zombie-blood actually infects you. Those few moles of zombie-blood may very well be too little to cause infection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast