User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status

What do you think is happening around the world in We're Alive?

Think about it, Tokyo, Mexico City, NY, Shanghai, Moscow... all of these are some of the biggest cities in the world. So what is happening there. It was around evening when the outbreak began in LA. These cities are always full of people wandering the streets, so how bad do you guys think it is?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Any major city will be completely decimated if something like this were to happen. New York especially would be a blood bath. New Yorkers by nature don't really notice what's going on around them unless it's truly eye catching. By the time they'd notice something, it might be too late. We honestly are always told to look for terrorists and suspicious packages that I know I'd probably not notice a wave of zombies coming up behind me....

....also probably because I'd be listening to We're Alive as I was walking and wouldn't hear them coming....

But back to the question: I feel like there's pockets of survivors in every major city in the world. Someone would be able to out last that initial onslaught (ha!) and probably hold up somewhere and be safe. Staten Island (as much as we all make fun of it) would be one of the safest places to start the apocalypse because it is off there on its own and would require more travel time to get to (assuming the outbreak starts in Manhattan). That or Liberty Island, but Liberty Island isn't a place you could survive for long. Nothing there to sustain you.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Somewhere isolated and self-sufficient like Nepal might have a great deal of survivors.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Well here in Miami (city of nothing but warehouses) we're holed up behind hurrican shuddered walmarts and Sams clubs. Some have made it to hurricane shelters, not many, but enough. I do think people would actually be headed BACK to Cuba. ROFL!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Sounds like they must have destroyed every major city by now, but with three groups of survivors in a relatively small area, there must be hundreds or thousands of others. However, somewhere there is a horde on a military base, with the smart ones learning how to use tanks.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Well over here in the uk we would be pretty fucked because of our gun laws police oficers not carrying guns etc but some parts of scotland would be survivable due to being remote, people have there own guns for hunting eg deer. You would be pretty safe untill the food ran out. Maybe the 'zombies' wouldnt like the weather!

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Shut up parts, I reckon the UK would have more time to react. possibly military re deployed to protect. if it was to get out of hand we would be in a bad position. Fast zombies are much more dangerous if you only have an axe to fight them off with. I reckon there must be quite a few Afghanistani survivors. unfortunately they're probably Taliban holding out in cave systems. Places like Shanghai with high population density would be very hard hit. I reckon you could create a community on the roofs of blocks flats and other buildings (gods gardeners style) if you connected them all and blocked of the entrances from the ground.

"Lurker"

Status
    "decimated" means to reduce by 10 percent... i think the losses would be more like 99%

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Places far away from any major airport or Highway would hold out for a very long time. Remote places like parts of Montana, the Dakotas, the UP in Michigan, the smaller Hawaiian islands.
    - You'd have hundreds of cruise ships out during the initial outbreak.
    - The Navy's of the word would be pretty well off because of the numbers of ships that will be underway
    - Mongolia
    - Many parts of Sub saharan Africa
    - Isolated parts of Australia
    - the greater NW part of WA state..
    - North Korea
    - People stuck on the runways of many airports and in the planes in holding patterns waiting to land
    of course this is all my speculation

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    It interesting, many remote villages are dependant on supplies from other places so when the food already there runs out the survivors would have to travel long distances to get basic supplies. they also would have less experience fighting the infected than city dwellers and would suffer heavy losses because of this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast