User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    actually the infection doesnt start in l.a because there are if you listen report of it happening at the same time in other cities like houston

"Lurker"

Status
    As a long time resident of Tokyo, I see things going something like this.

Just like everywhere else in the world, a mass exodus from central Tokyo. Only the roads would be much worse off than almost anywhere in the U.S. or Europe. I've attempted to drive out of Tokyo on holidays or long weekends, and traffic can be be at a practical standstill for 30 or more miles in nearly every direction out of the city. I guess we can assume the outbreak happened pretty fast, so it might be safe to assume that the metro area of Tokyo might be better off than the outlying areas and the prefectures nearby. Not that it would be safe by any means, but I think of it as a pebble dropped in a pond; fewer numbers in the center of the city, with waves of zombies spreading out. Of course they would make their way back into the city eventually, but at the beginning you might have enough time to fortify a place to live. There are massive stores of emergency supplies for earthquakes all over the city and underground, so provided you could get to them, you would have enough food to last for decades assuming a large portion of the population has turned. This goes for all major cities like Osaka, Hokkaido and the like.

Going by the reactions of people here after the earthquake last year, I think survivors would band together quickly and form communities, sharing goods and housing, protection, etc. Seeing as there are virtually no guns outside of police revolvers, and a very small amount of assault rifles in the Self Defense Forces (when compared to the U.S.), it would be nearly all melee weapons. Those who live far up in the mountains would be affected much less, and those who live on the thousands of small islands around Japan would be affected very little. There are farms and livestock on most, and populations are small enough to be sustainable. On the small islands, most people know each other and would probably have little problem banding together to clean out the few undead and set up patrols and watches.

Anyway, that's what I think would happen here in Japan.

"Lurker"

Status
    Whatever it was, I doubt it was natural. It spread WAY too fast for it to be natural. Now as for what's happening elsewhere? I think much the same as in LA. Most folks fleeing the cities as fast as their conveyances can carry them, some spreading the infection far and wide. But as of now? I'd not want to be too close to a city, any city. It's just teeming with the buggers and they don't need much provocation to go chase you. So I think staying away is going to be on everyone's minds.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
    Whatever it was, I doubt it was natural. It spread WAY too fast for it to be natural.
    I'm OK with the speed it spread, my concern is the near simultaneous global hot zone breakouts.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Lurker"

Status
    Best place to be would be the Falkland Island, large military base, fishing industry and isolated.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Interesting theories about other survivors. I've often wondered about all of the Naval vessels/sailors at sea, especially aboard subs. I'm sure that Michael will be learning about other survivors/bases besides the ones in Colorado.
    Another thing I've been curious about since I started listening is the situation at the nuclear power plants in California & around the world. When the situation was becoming clear on the riots/infections, did these go into lock-down mode? Did they try to shut them down? It would be terrible to have to face a meltdown situation in addition to the zombies.

"Lurker"

Status
    I have enjoyed reading this thread more than the others I have read in awhile. However as much as we can debate the range / accuracy of weapons and the people stations and what this does and does not do, wht we have missed is the human element. This has been touched upon several times, but not expounded upon. Mass hysteria can effect even disciplined soldiers, and when your enemy does not die by conventional means and gets back up, then you have that moment which defines you. In most cases fight or flight becomes RUN! When we have family that could be dying, or affected when we have the element of compassion which has also been brought up by the base commander in reference to the other military units, then we end up dead.

The thought which has gone into this story line is impressive.

I believe we will see the population centers fall, with small bands similar to those we have here in our favorite audio drama. The rural areas we will see resistance and some chance of hope. The more remote the better.

BTW there was an amazing amount of details provided on military facilities in this thread - should some of that be expunged?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishZombieKiller View Post
    BTW there was an amazing amount of details provided on military facilities in this thread - should some of that be expunged?
    Nahh. Any correct info is either open source, that is unclassified or declassified. Or it is wildly inaccurate, incomplete or contains redundant information or is vague enough to not be an issue.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Hmmm, thinking about it, the UK might very well be OK. We are quite a small island really and as long as the cause was imported from outside our boundaries we would have a good chance of stopping it. Police in airports do have access to guns I believe. We would have to mobilise and protect our borders from mainland Europe, France and Belgium mainly. The risk would come from those bitten as Zombies are unlikely to get on a boat, fly plane etc. so it would depend on how quickly people turned, if they were already in transit then they would most likely be arriving at a recognised airport/sea port and could be controlled there. We would have to permanently block the channel tunnel as well of course. The UK is quite capable of self sufficiency and does not need to import anything really, although we’d have to go without a lot of things it would sill be a decent existence I think.

If the outbreak originates here then we are more likely to be screwed though.

"Lurker"

Status
    VEE after watching 28 Days, NOPE. No one is safe. There is no way to stop these, unless we screen EVERYONE and it did not help.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast