User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Rules, rules, rules and more rules

Ok Troops,

So here we are sitting around the virtual campfire speculating about the Colony, Marcus and the "Rules."

This thread is asking you- the faithful listener- to get in the mind of Marcus.
    What do you think the rules are? Victors says "There are a lot of rules" but lets keep them to no more than 10.
    - Why are you implementing said rule?

We know the first rule of the Colony is "Once you're in... you're in."

"Gatherer"

Status
    1. Once you're in... you're in
    2. You pull your own weight
    3. If you're not any good you leave
    4. You follow orders, if not you die
    5. You hurt someone we hurt you
    6. If you go out too far on a scouting mission you're not coming back
    7. No telling of this place, if you do we'll find you
    8. No conspiracies, no plans of mutiny etc. all punishable by death
    9. You bring too many people here you're dead

Most of them are to keep people contained and safe, but the can also be harmful to the people.

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    10. If you spill urine on any residents of the colony, your contract is immediately up for negotiation.
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    1. Once you're in... you're in

3. If you're not any good you leave

6. If you go out too far on a scouting mission you're not coming back

7. No telling of this place, if you do we'll find you

9. You bring too many people here you're dead
    i dont understand rule 1, once you're in, you're in... why? why cant they leave? 3. if you cant pull your own weight, you leave, and 6. if you go too far on a scouting mission you're not coming back, contradict rule 1.

also rule 7, why cant someone tell others of the colony? they seem to have the resources and the capacity to take in more survivors.

i'm not attacking your rules, cause they do seem to be in effect, but i dont think the rules are actually written and set in stone, i see 2 rules

Dont fuck with Marcus
    Do as Marcus tell's you

but then again, we dont know enough to make accurate calls
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well yeah Ra1th I know the rules aren't rock solid but its what i can guess from whats happened at the colony.

I guess i did contradict myself but lets say... I wasn't really thinking all too hard when I did it.

And alot of the rules I'm guessing at, like rule 7 they weren't allowed to leave and Marcus (I think it was him) said if they did go they might tell other people about the colony.
    Right now its my rough draft of the rules, I'd revise them but I would need more info.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Make up your own as you think they are or should be IF you were Marcus and try to reason out why they are such. No one's answers are wrong because we're making them up for the most part.
    1. Once you're in, you're in: You use Colony resources, then you OWE the people who worked to feed or house you. You are now conscripted. Hence the "Contracts."
    2. you don't talk about fight club.. oops,.. um, you don't talk about the Colony. More people would mean more people to control or more people to upset the established order of things. You have 40 new people show up, all of whom are used to fighting and surviving... they aren't going to sit around and be zapped by some lackey. They've already established rapports and would probably openly rebel.
    3. We catch you with a weapon you get sent to the brig.
    4. If you don't contribute, you don't eat, you don't sleep in assigned quarters and neither does your family or friends. This forces compliance because of mass punishment of the
    innocent
    5. Break any rule and you're contract can be voided. You're banished from the colony with nothing but the clothes on your back.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Make up your own as you think they are or should be IF you were Marcus and try to reason out why they are such. No one's answers are wrong because we're making them up for the most part.
    1. Once you're in, you're in: You use Colony resources, then you OWE the people who worked to feed or house you. You are now conscripted. Hence the "Contracts."
    2. you don't talk about fight club.. oops,.. um, you don't talk about the Colony. More people would mean more people to control or more people to upset the established order of things. You have 40 new people show up, all of whom are used to fighting and surviving... they aren't going to sit around and be zapped by some lackey. They've already established rapports and would probably openly rebel.
    3. We catch you with a weapon you get sent to the brig.
    4. If you don't contribute, you don't eat, you don't sleep in assigned quarters and neither does your family or friends. This forces compliance because of mass punishment of the
    innocent
    5. Break any rule and you're contract can be voided. You're banished from the colony with nothing but the clothes on your back.
    I keep hearing "banish" or "leave" and i think that is misrepresenting. If they won't let anyone leave, i doubt they are kicking anyone out. I think they quietly take people out the back door and revoke their breathing privileges.

Rule 1. You aren't leaving.
    Rule 2. Your job = your existence. Not doing one, leads to not doing the other.
    Rule 3. Shovels & other tools are not to be given to random people from outside the department.
    Rule 4. Don't borgode the nachos.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I don't think they're murdering people. Not overtly at least. Kicking them out without any supplies or support is basically the same thing, but more humane and Marcus will be able to talk it up as "Them or us" kinda thing. Most people will buy off on that. Again, that's MY rule for the colony.
    You can't follow the rules, then i'm kicking you out with nothing. Remember how Mike sent Kelly out the door? After she was almost attacked, she changed her mind with the quickness.
    Samething with the Colony, but there are no second chances. It keeps everyone else in line.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Let us not forget that a silenced pistol is a rarity and is already being sought after by some of the residents in the Colony.
    Micheal may have just given them their new contract ending armament, why banish when you can make people VANISH ?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Silencers only lessen the sound, not do away with it. You'll still hear a shot. It'll be a pop instead of a bang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast